Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation
FolkGuitar

Residence Certificates - Chiang Mai

I have my seat belt on. Helmet on. Fire suit on. All prepared for the posts full of outrage - how dare they allow anyone to pay for expedited service 555

I love it here too !

• Like 1

Yes paying for expedited service is an outrage available almost everywhere and for almost all time.

Lucky are those who have the extra dime to partake.

And there are those of us with Yellow Books that never need another Certificate of Residence !

1 hour ago, canthai55 said:

I have my seat belt on. Helmet on. Fire suit on. All prepared for the posts full of outrage - how dare they allow anyone to pay for expedited service 555

I love it here too !

Of course the outrage will come from those who object to paying for convenience.  "What?  You paid to get residence certificates in a day instead of weeks, and to avoid extra trips to Promenada?  You fool!"

Granted, the system does seemed designed to push people to paying services, however anyone who moved to Thailand without expecting this sort of thing didn't do their homework.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lordblackader said:

Is there a paid service downstairs again? last time I was out there G4T was upstairs. 

The goal posts keep moving .I did my TM 30 3 weeks ago,2nd floor, and they were doing residence certs there,well taking orders anyway.

RC of course are so time consuming, typing in the date and an address onto a standard template and printing it off can really stress staff out.... so be kind

Used the office next to the copy shop yesterday afternoon to.get a RC needed for DL, told come back after 2pm today. Total time spent there sorting this out less than 10min. Been in Chiang Mai a month and already had to visit CMI 4 times, the first 2 for the TM30 which was painful as the officer insulted my landlord who was doing me a favour. Just happy getting the RC was quick and easy.

And so how much did you have to fork over and did you get an official receipt from Immigration?  I'd still rather go to the U.S. Consulate to get a C of R and pay them $50 even with Donald as president. At least the U.S. Consulate staff remains helpful and gives out official receipts. Plus, you can make your appointment on-line and get in-and-out in about 10 minutes.  You people are just fueling the machine at Promenada.

O please all of the drama from the refuse niks is old and boreing. Just pay up and get your documents and out the door in 10 or 15 min. Having to pay 500b for a service (yeah I know suppose to be free, and it is if you want to wait) that you can pay 50 dollars for paying 50 dollars or waiting a month doesn't make much sense. Just look upon it as a service and it makes the medicine go down easier

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, NancyL said:

And so how much did you have to fork over and did you get an official receipt from Immigration?  I'd still rather go to the U.S. Consulate to get a C of R and pay them $50 even with Donald as president. At least the U.S. Consulate staff remains helpful and gives out official receipts. Plus, you can make your appointment on-line and get in-and-out in about 10 minutes.  You people are just fueling the machine at Promenada.

It was fifty with Obumer in office

10 hours ago, NancyL said:

What if you are not a US citizen what are the options?

• Like 2