FolkGuitar

Residence Certificates - Chiang Mai

57 posts in this topic

I have a Yellow Book....might not ever move...but if paying 500 for a CR was the only scam, I wouldn't complain at all, but as Nancy stated it is just the tip of a large iceberg.  Do they not pay for their jobs at the other offices?

2 people like this

2 hours ago, canthai55 said:

Your either missed the point or ignored it. Forums are about debate. Telling people to not post is not Debate. Quoting others posts verbatim without adding anything to the conversation is not Debate.

It is called "sarchasm," that abyss into which people oblivious to sarcasm fall. Shall we send down a ladder for you?

May I make some observations regarding this endless debate over the golden Residency Letter.

Every 12 months I go to the Bangkok Bank at KSK and obtain the bank letter confirming my bank balance is a min of 800,000 b for the Immigration run the next day.

In 9 years I have never had to wait more than 15 mins for it to be handed to me.Yes I pay. I can't remember if its 100 or 200 baht but I dont have to come back the following day as it is a 3 minute job for someone to process. 

I also get a bank receipt showing the amount of tax refund I can claim back from the tax office,that is provided free on the spot.

How is this any different,in time and effort, from a residency letter that requires a 24 hour turn around at 500 baht or wait a month and its free ! whoopee.

The signing off is a throwback from the past to justify the ego of the signatory,no one will ever check, even its on your 90 day report file.

I have long ago accepted that Immigration is stuck in some time warp when its supposed to provide a reasonable service ,its self importance is overblown and you must conform to the waiting times or be prepared to pay a premium.

Compare it with another Gov Dept the issuing of Thai passports.Last time,some  3months ago, my wife and I were in and out within 15 mins

Passport posted EMS to our home address within 7 days ,total efficiency for a mite over 1,000 b.It can be done if the will is there to do it.

Progress ? In the last couple of years we have seen the bar code in passports fall over (great idea, saving endless waste of paper)

The online appointment (great idea) gone, it appears forever.

The online 90 day reporting (great idea) again saving endless paperwork) gone

So can we  agree that we should not expect anything will change in the near future and people should be free to do what they please to navigate through this chore.

And hopefully we can agree it could be a lot fairer and more efficient.

2 people like this

ID: 54   Posted (edited)

Sparkles, I agree...

We had the same experience at the passport office in February; superefficiancy.

Even paying the Electric at Nong Hoi PEA office,  you scan your bill to get a queue number, the cashier has all the info. on the computer without seeing your bill, pay, get change, 10 seconds at most.

Where there is a will, there is a way.

Edited by rawhod
1 person likes this

Same at Revenue Office...easy as pinching a loaf.

IMG_2588.JPG
1 person likes this

Yes, a nice. Kerplunk...no need for spray or paper.

1 person likes this