FolkGuitar

Residence Certificates - Chiang Mai

60 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, canthai55 said:

 

The Lady is trying to post helpful information. Whether you agree or not is moot. Do not like her posts ? The ignore function works perfectly well. And saves the rest of us for having to read such as yours. And posts by others in the same vein.

 

1 hour ago, FolkGuitar said:

 


Whether you agree or not is moot. Do not like the posts ? The ignore function works perfectly well. And saves the rest of us for having to read such as yours. And posts by others in the same vein.

 

Your either missed the point or ignored it. Forums are about debate. Telling people to not post is not Debate. Quoting others posts verbatim without adding anything to the conversation is not Debate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, NancyL said:

You can draw your own conclusions about why it was designed this way and who stands to gain

I see the ‘Lady’, despite being requested to do so, has still not put into print what the conclusions we are supposed to draw are!

 

I would suggest she puts up her conclusions with any relevant direct information or shuts up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Your either missed the point or ignored it. Forums are about debate. Telling people to not post is not Debate. Quoting others posts verbatim without adding anything to the conversation is not Debate.

No shit? About debate? Nothing about exchanging good information like to be helpful? Just about debate? You can't be serious.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ID: 49   Posted (edited)

56 minutes ago, Wandr said:

I totally agree with you .

I believe people who are making so much noise about perpetuating a corrupt system are either touts themselves or paid by touts.

Everyone has the right to hire an agent. Sure.

But everyone also has the right to obtain the same service directly and without undue stress. And that doesn't exist in Chiang Mai it seems.

I feel sorry for people who believe that that is the way things should be. They must really have had their faces trodden in the mud in the past.

At Jomtien the only service we pay for is 200-300 baht for the residence certificate. It is usually ready in 30 minutes.

90 day report? Show up at 10 am. You will be in and out in less than an hour. Sometimes 15 minutes.

Annual extensions? Less than an hour to submit paperwork. Pick up next day in 10 minutes.

All done with a smile. No extra money needed.

When you have a system like that and people still want to use agents, well no issues there.

Chiang Mai? Sounds like a cesspool.

I guess some people just like cesspools!

It was stated earlier in this thread that false posts were being made elsewhere by ‘newbie’s’. Could you be a certain person’s ‘Newbie’ on this thread?

 

PS;  Welcome to our cesspool!

 

 

Edited by scottiejohn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

It was stated earlier in this thread that false posts were being made elsewhere by ‘newbie’s’. Could you be a certain person’s ‘Newbie’ on this thread?

 

PS;  Welcome to our cesspool!

 

 

No.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a Yellow Book....might not ever move...but if paying 500 for a CR was the only scam, I wouldn't complain at all, but as Nancy stated it is just the tip of a large iceberg.  Do they not pay for their jobs at the other offices?

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, canthai55 said:

 

Your either missed the point or ignored it. Forums are about debate. Telling people to not post is not Debate. Quoting others posts verbatim without adding anything to the conversation is not Debate.

 

It is called "sarchasm," that abyss into which people oblivious to sarcasm fall. Shall we send down a ladder for you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

May I make some observations regarding this endless debate over the golden Residency Letter.

 

Every 12 months I go to the Bangkok Bank at KSK and obtain the bank letter confirming my bank balance is a min of 800,000 b for the Immigration run the next day.

 

In 9 years I have never had to wait more than 15 mins for it to be handed to me.Yes I pay. I can't remember if its 100 or 200 baht but I dont have to come back the following day as it is a 3 minute job for someone to process. 

 

I also get a bank receipt showing the amount of tax refund I can claim back from the tax office,that is provided free on the spot.

 

How is this any different,in time and effort, from a residency letter that requires a 24 hour turn around at 500 baht or wait a month and its free ! whoopee.

 

The signing off is a throwback from the past to justify the ego of the signatory,no one will ever check, even its on your 90 day report file.

 

I have long ago accepted that Immigration is stuck in some time warp when its supposed to provide a reasonable service ,its self importance is overblown and you must conform to the waiting times or be prepared to pay a premium.

 

Compare it with another Gov Dept the issuing of Thai passports.Last time,some  3months ago, my wife and I were in and out within 15 mins

Passport posted EMS to our home address within 7 days ,total efficiency for a mite over 1,000 b.It can be done if the will is there to do it.

 

Progress ? In the last couple of years we have seen the bar code in passports fall over (great idea, saving endless waste of paper)

The online appointment (great idea) gone, it appears forever.

The online 90 day reporting (great idea) again saving endless paperwork) gone

 

So can we  agree that we should not expect anything will change in the near future and people should be free to do what they please to navigate through this chore.

And hopefully we can agree it could be a lot fairer and more efficient.

 

 

 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ID: 54   Posted (edited)

Sparkles, I agree...

We had the same experience at the passport office in February; superefficiancy.

 

Even paying the Electric at Nong Hoi PEA office,  you scan your bill to get a queue number, the cashier has all the info. on the computer without seeing your bill, pay, get change, 10 seconds at most.

Where there is a will, there is a way.

Edited by rawhod
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Same at Revenue Office...easy as pinching a loaf.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Same at Revenue Office...easy as pinching a loaf.

IMG_2588.JPG
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, a nice. Kerplunk...no need for spray or paper.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ID: 58   Posted

For buying a new scooter, it this the the paper I need?  

And, do they accept paperwork for it in the afternoon?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ID: 59   Posted

On 04/22/2017 at 6:52 PM, Sparkles said:

 

Progress ? In the last couple of years we have seen the bar code in passports fall over (great idea, saving endless waste of paper)

The online appointment (great idea) gone, it appears forever.

The online 90 day reporting (great idea) again saving endless paperwork) gone

 

So can we  agree that we should not expect anything will change in the near future and people should be free to do what they please to navigate through this chore.

And hopefully we can agree it could be a lot fairer and more efficient.

 

 

 

Maybe not relevant to CM but some information about other offices is always revealing.

I went for my 90 day to Jomtien last week. The officer, who recognized me, asked where the barcode was. I didn't even know what he was talking about . He explained that he had attached a barcode to my passport. This being the receipt for the last report that I had discarded because I had been out of the country.

Keep the old one he said. If you have the barcode you don't have to bring any paperwork except for the form. He returned all the paperwork to me.

This visit set a record for me . From the moment I took the queue number to the moment I got my passport back was less than 10 minutes. I told the officer as much.

 He just smiled.

It can happen in Chiang Mai too.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ID: 60   Posted

2 minutes ago, Wandr said:

Maybe not relevant to CM but some information about other offices is always revealing.

I went for my 90 day to Jomtien last week. The officer, who recognized me, asked where the barcode was. I didn't even know what he was talking about . He explained that he had attached a barcode to my passport. This being the receipt for the last report that I had discarded because I had been out of the country.

Keep the old one he said. If you have the barcode you don't have to bring any paperwork except for the form. He returned all the paperwork to me.

This visit set a record for me . From the moment I took the queue number to the moment I got my passport back was less than 10 minutes. I told the officer as much.

 He just smiled.

It can happen in Chiang Mai too.

Yes it could happen in CM but it won't.I tried twice , after the bar code was put into my passport, and was told, like everyone else, its no longer applicable.

 

I reverted to 90 day  by mail, EMS both ways,which I had been doing for over a decade,

 

I repeat my assertion  there is no will to provide an efficient service in CM,   Its pot luck how long you wait when you go in person, without paying an agent.

 

How many agents are there in Jomtien ?

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

BANGKOK 25 July 2017 13:45
Sponsors