webfact

Did she fall or was she pushed? Swede in custody after "mute" Thai wife falls from Pattaya 8th floor condo

127 posts in this topic

An example might be a nice hotel I stayed in Prachuap Khiri Khan.  We get to the room, there is no balcony, the windows hardly open.  It's a panoramic glass encased view of the seaside below.

I tell my girlfriend, wouldn't it be nice if there was a balcony here, sure I can sit by the window and drink my coffee and look out at the beach, but it would be much nicer with a balcony.

My girlfriend says, you can't fall from this room so you safe here.

Not sure what I'm getting at here but I'd probably prefer the risk of having a balcony.  

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, Wazza1 said:

Why would he push her, he had the perfect woman, couldn't talk at all.

and wouldn't it be strange having an argument with her, it would be like talking to yourself.

He might know sign language?  

It can be quite intense language.

The entire story doesn't add up.  And he is probably guilty without much investigation,

the headline would be a lot different if it was farang who fell. 

anyway RIP poor girl

Poor humor removed.

This is not an opportunity for cracking jokes.

But the thousands of farang who fall down balconies are all accidents or suicides? Interesting. 

Off topic removed. This topic is not about steroid abuse.

I don't think anyone has mentioned yet that this appears to have happened in broad daylight. Who would risk being seen from another balcony doing something stupid? Hard to imagine no one else saw this unfold.

How do you know she didnt jump ?

They might have argued, he threatened to leave her, she jumps.

Possible, its all speculation.

Well. Sorry for her if she slipped. But i had gf in Thailand where1 went out on the15cm edge outside the building. Drunk on 7th floor. Had one that injured herself with a knife. All this when i found out they cheated on me and confronted them. So its going to be interesting to follow this case

21 minutes ago, bartobar said:

If this question was asked for the numerous farangs who have fallen down balcon, what could have been the outcome?

A better investigation?

6 hours ago, Toshiba66 said:

That's such a shocking and sickening photo when you look at her left leg. I really wish we didn't see it that graphically. There needs to be better censorship of things like this. Imagine seeing this photo of your loved one. Sickening.

And - she was still alive at that stage!

1 hour ago, survivalblue said:

Simple solution is fence in all the balconies.  There is no country in the world with more balcony fall/push deaths than Thailand.   A statistic that should maybe be researched.

I bet the fire department would like to discuss your idea.  :ermm:

The bedding and the pillows fell as well .

He may have threw them at her , on the balcony and the force may have sent her over the balcony ?

1 person likes this

I've been here 6 years and have read story after story about Farangs who's "apparent suicide" is declared almost immediately. Now here is the first time I ever read about a Thai falling and it's "we don't believe the Falang". I'm not pre-judging his guilt or otherwise, and he may well have caused it. What I am judging is the clear double standards applied by the Thai Police. Never, ever have I read that they didn't believe a Thai witness.

1 person likes this

5 minutes ago, FunkyDunky58 said:

I've been here 6 years and have read story after story about Farangs who's "apparent suicide" is declared almost immediately. Now here is the first time I ever read about a Thai falling and it's "we don't believe the Falang". I'm not pre-judging his guilt or otherwise, and he may well have caused it. What I am judging is the clear double standards applied by the Thai Police. Never, ever have I read that they didn't believe a Thai witness.

A factor in that could be that its always Male felangs and Thai females , and it would be quite difficult for a Thai female to push a felang man over a balcony, rather than vice versa

Too many tattoos and booze make for a lethal combination.

ID: 99   Posted (edited)

Normally when a person slips on water, they fall down, not up and over a railing or wall.

Edited by Rgreen88

4 hours ago, themerg said:

I am a long-time reader of ThaiVisa.com.

I have been reading of people falling for 3 years.

I have tried to rationalize this problem, BUT I can't.

Too many people " FALL" from Buildings in LOS.

LOS has 66 million people.

USA has 350 million people.

The "per-capita" numbers don't make sense to me.

LOS has more people fall from buildings in 1 year than USA has in 5 years.

A LOT of PUSHING from buildings going on in LOS.

MACH MACH "crazy in the heat" in  LOS.

Balcony railings in Thailand weren't built with the height of much taller foreigners in mind, they are mostly built with Asian heights in mind. So the centre of balance of a taller person is much higher than the railings safely allow for. Add to that the number of foreigners who come here for holiday, are not used to the heat/humidity, consume too much booze and then go out to the balcony for a cigarette.

1 person likes this