Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation
webfact

Songkran hit by violence

This is why I have been fleeing Thailand for a safe zone(Cambodia,Vietnam, Philippines etc) on Songkran for over 15 years.This and the sheer tedium and idiocy of the seemingly never ending watersplashing and powder smearing.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Revolutionary said:

Excuse my ignorance . What is a foam party ??

Google it! The Stones did it back in the 1960s!

Need t-shirt: I survived Songkran

Soon to make Guinness record for most dangerous holiday?

3 hours ago, franklnooner said:

There's always next year to work on the Songkran stupidity,  drunken statistics

Ect...

Pattaya will alwAys be number one in all of the above. 

That's because there are so many stupid Farangs there, the Thais are not always the stupid ones with the very low mentality.

IMO, I think if all Farangs kept out of the Songcran festivities, it would be back to the days of about 20 years ago, with only a little splashing

of water, but that does not excuse the drunken Thai drivers and motorbike riders, who are mainly responsible for the dreadful road carnage.

2 hours ago, Emster23 said:

Wow. Get large crowds together, people acting aggressively and drunk, and violence erupts. How is that possible?

I think the stupid Farangs are mainly responsible for being aggressive and drunk in Pattaya at Songcran.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, uli65 said:

many Thais can not behave like civilized people. they should stay in their paddy fields and play with the buffalos

Don't always blame the Thais when there are so many stupid drunken Farangs around.

5 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Yeah, right.

Those pesky foreigners, eh.

Yes, you can say that again.

Must be the foreigners. 

Thais have no violence issues in their society. 

Somebody's been taken in hook, line and stinker. :laugh:

• Like 2

TAT must be so proud in what they have achieved with their marketing of Songkran, especially in places like Pattaya.

Songkran has become a nationwide 'full-moon' party on steroids.   Well done TAT.

• Like 1

and there was a headline post on here recently saying, "why cant us farangs be like thais and enjoy ourselves more" i did comment on the rest of the year they are killing each other now it would seem they are doing it 365 days of the year lol !!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, edwinchester said:

This is what happens when a respectful Buddhist holiday gets turned into a money making week long piss up.

Yes this holiday always ends up different than the highly praised beginning. Before it started the posters were here in droves shouting "party pooper" Once the mayhem is over the "what the hell happened" crowd appear. Same thing next year and each year thereafter. How soon we forget. 

• Like 1

Meanwhile, on the eve of annual national celebrations in other countries around the world, where exemplary human beings live, mother's last job before switching the lights off is to ensure the best china is ready for each family's  eagerly anticipated  get-together for a nice cup of tea and iced Vo-Vos the following day. More modern families might even allow males in the household to smoke tobacco inside the house on such a special occasion.