webfact

Songkran hit by violence

59 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, ikke said:

Bring happiness to the people !

Peace and Order first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

some ignorant Falang haters still do not know that pattaya is not the real thailand. the greedy locals have created this messy place.

the so called falang scum is very welcome there to spent their money.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, mommysboy said:

I agree with what you are saying, but my understanding of the multiplier effect comes from economics, where it refers to a chain of events, so a factory closes down and not only does it result in the workers being unemployed, but also ancilliary workers, in turn the local shopkeeper, and then the paperboy. Hence it goes 1000- 400- 200-100, etc.

 

I guess you could say that witnessing scenes of violence in Bkk, or elsewhere, leads to some incidents in villages. That would be a sort of multiplier effect.

Good comeback but it goes well beyond monkey see monkey do. Catch you later I am  out of bananas. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, elgordo38 said:

Good comeback but it goes well beyond monkey see monkey do. Catch you later I am  out of bananas. 

Well, in case offence was taken, I was just explaining the multiplier effect as opposed to the 'copycat effect'.

 

I think I made the point very politely.  Personally, I am always happy to be informed like this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mommysboy said:

Well, in case offence was taken, I was just explaining the multiplier effect as opposed to the 'copycat effect'.

 

I think I made the point very politely.  Personally, I am always happy to be informed like this.

Yes indeedee you did make it politely for which I thank you. If you have any spare time I think you should open a politeness class well maybe just a refresher course. Some here are in need. They are diamonds in the rough in need of a bit of polishing. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, elgordo38 said:

Yes indeedee you did make it politely for which I thank you. If you have any spare time I think you should open a politeness class well maybe just a refresher course. Some here are in need. They are diamonds in the rough in need of a bit of polishing. 

I do agree with you, the violence at Songkran is symptomatic of a deeper malaise in society imo. 

 

As regards TV forum, well I still like a good shin kick contest from time to time, but for many it is default mode:smile:

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mommysboy said:

I do agree with you, the violence at Songkran is symptomatic of a deeper malaise in society imo. 

 

As regards TV forum, well I still like a good shin kick contest from time to time, but for many it is default mode:smile:

I like a good shin kick contest (must be the crusader gene in all of us) myself but some come on like a buzz saw especially the ones that try to sound intelligent by opening up with comments like "Hey stupid" Some of my fellow man may be stupid but it is not in my position to tell them let them figure it out. Well carry on. 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20/04/2017 at 9:17 AM, Kabula said:

After 11 years living here I dread Songkron more each year.

 

One has to wonder with all the deaths, injuries, and complains why they continue it each year.

Yes but you don't enter the Spirit of the idiotic water throwers. You must repeat after me. I am an old fuddy duddy. Bet you use to like Songkran. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Thongkorn said:

Yes but you don't enter the Spirit of the idiotic water throwers. You must repeat after me. I am an old fuddy duddy. Bet you use to like Songkran. 

Never liked it and the agenda behind it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

BANGKOK 26 April 2017 11:01
Sponsors