DLang

Thai daughter giving me 30 yr house lease for free.

53 posts in this topic

It is much simpler then that. You can not transfer the usufruct. period.

Anyone that tells you different has no clue or does it on purpose. Take your pick.

The only thing you can do is rent it out for periods shorter then 3 years. Longer periods have to be registered at the land office and that is not allowed to be done by a foreigner.

Laws are so simple, why is everything always made more difficult then it is. (I know, i know, money) combined with the fact that many foreigners want to own whatever the facts are)

And if it is really what you believe, why not try to do it now, just as a test. See how far you get.

49 minutes ago, Khun Jean said:

It is much simpler then that. You can not transfer the usufruct. period.

Anyone that tells you different has no clue or does it on purpose. Take your pick.

The only thing you can do is rent it out for periods shorter then 3 years. Longer periods have to be registered at the land office and that is not allowed to be done by a foreigner.

Laws are so simple, why is everything always made more difficult then it is. (I know, i know, money) combined with the fact that many foreigners want to own whatever the facts are)

And if it is really what you believe, why not try to do it now, just as a test. See how far you get.

Yes of course you are correct, it's a superficies that can be inherited.

8 hours ago, Apiwan2 said:

what if there's no Thai parent only a fallang ?

what would happen there ?,

The Thai guardian doesn't need to be a parent. Whoever is the child's custodian would do. 

The house is in the name of the child regardless, the guardian needs to go before a judge to use the property as collateral or sell it, and needs to show that it's in the child's best interest to succeed.