webfact

New ferry services to connect Sattahip with Koh Chang and Hua Hin

40 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, abab said:

Sorry, but nobody who knows life in Pattaya wants to go to HH shiiitehole...

Think u got it wrong way around 😂 

2 people like this

On ‎20‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 6:50 AM, survivalblue said:

This might be alright.  Going direct to Bang Bao.

Not ideal for White Sands or Lonely Beach.  But It might give Bang Bao a bit of a boost in business.

Agree that it isn't ideal for white sands, but lonely beach is only 6 or 7 km from Bang Bao and a lot closer than the current ferry ports in the north of the island.

I think the big winners in this will be Bang Bao and Klong Kloi as when the ferry comes in passengers will be able to see the beautiful Klong Kloi beach. I also think Bailan and Lonely will profit from it as well because there are limited places to stay in Bang Bao and Klong Kloi, having said that the is building work happening in these areas right now.

I'm happy that the ferry isn't for cars as there are already enough cars on Koh Chang just try and get of the island after Songkran or New Year or in fact any holiday and you'll see what I mean, the queues for the ferries quite often goes back as far as white sands.

The other reason is that when it rains the roads especially in the south of the island are incredibly dangerous its like driving on sheet ice couple that with the mountainous terrain and it doesn't take a genius to work out what happens and the hospitals on Koh Chang do a roaring trade.

1 person likes this

On 4/20/2017 at 1:51 PM, Sakeopete said:

Now if they could only take cars and motorcycles.

Do the current ferries not take at least cars?  :shock1:

I thought that is the definition of a ferry...

1 person likes this

7 hours ago, Stupooey said:

Has anyone told them that Phetchaburi is inland?

It's also a province with a coastline on the gulf.

I have not traveled to the south end of the island. Can anyone give a rough idea  how long time wise from the pier to White Sands Beach?

1 hour ago, pegman said:

It's also a province with a coastline on the gulf.

I did think about that, but as all the other places mentioned - Sattahip, Koh Chang, Pranburi - are precise locations it seemed inconsistent to throw a province into the mix. 

I have not traveled to the south end of the island. Can anyone give a rough idea  how long time wise from the pier to White Sands Beach?

Riding motorbike, about 50 min. Very good views. Drive calm and beware with the curves. Regards.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

On ‎21‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 8:17 AM, Sheryl said:

Do the current ferries not take at least cars?  :shock1:

I thought that is the definition of a ferry...

The current ferries take cars they dock in the north of the island, this new ferry to my understanding will be a passenger only ferry with no cars as Bang Bao pier would in it's current form not be able to take cars.

19 hours ago, pegman said:

About 30-40 minutes.

interesting. I would think there would be some conflict with the current land and smaller ferry infrastructure.  Is this a sign of the times, bigger business putting the smaller shops out of business?

I think you are all missing the fun part.

Let's say a few bus loads of zero dollar tourists and a sprinkling of Europeans getting off in K.C and some taxis waiting. With certain groups noted for their patience and orderly queuing manners just imagine the enchanting scenes.

2 people like this

10 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

interesting. I would think there would be some conflict with the current land and smaller ferry infrastructure.  Is this a sign of the times, bigger business putting the smaller shops out of business?

More like the government putting smaller ferry out of business. 

1 person likes this

On 4/20/2017 at 2:05 PM, spermwhale said:

Don't forget ... we are in Thailand where this is the best their great minds can come up with. They won't reach that level of thinking for another 100 years. 

They're smarter than you think. How many of those tourists who took the ferry actually have cars or bikes? Obviously they've determined the cost of ferrying motor vehicles is not cost effective because there are not enough to make a profit.