webfact

‘Buddha’s footprint’ found on Surat Thani mountain

108 posts in this topic

I saw the Loch Ness monster in my backyard.  Who do I call?  I think Buddha was riding him!

1 person likes this

Are they serious?if you believe this than this country and all their bullshit believes are going on the Fritz.

1 person likes this

If one looks hard enough, one will find many footprints everywhere...!  Oh my...!

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, wakeupplease said:

Gullible stupid people in some parts of the world comes from lack of education and being surrounded by liars, scammers and thieves

And a government that will forever keep them that way...!

1 hour ago, wakeupplease said:

Gullible stupid people in some parts of the world comes from lack of education and being surrounded by liars, scammers and thieves

Yep your right that pretty well describes life in general anywhere. Pass the popcorn

1 person likes this

7 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

He also told his disciples that he was NOT a god, and NOT to pray to him, as it wouldn't do any good.  Someone forgot to tell the Buddhist, especially the Thai ones, about that.

"He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy".

Life of Brian,( Python)

2 people like this

2 minutes ago, Khon Kaen Dave said:

"He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy".

Life of Brian,( Python)

Its just like any other religion,following,all over the world. It end up in blind faith, money making and the use of those who hold the power, terrifying the ignorant. And the ones who are meant to live in poverty, as their leader did, and spread the word, live the most luxuriant lives of all.Consider the fine robes and gold rings worn by the catholic priests, look how they portray the holy Grail, as a magestic cup, when it was the cup of a carpenter used by him and his fishermen friends.

How is it that a celibate man has the control over peoples sex lives (as they did years ago)

Why, if God is love, do they terrify their believers with damnation, fire and brimstone, and eternal damnation.

And why, at the end of the day, is it all about money that is given to the church, in thousands by those trying to buy a place in heaven?

After all, good people, it could all be a fairy tale.

2 people like this

Buddhism ia not a religion.  Apparently though it IS a reason for bitter old western guys who despise Thailand and Thai people to  have a moan up on Thai visa.

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, Slip said:

Buddhism ia not a religion.  Apparently though it IS a reason for bitter old western guys who despise Thailand and Thai people to  have a moan up on Thai visa.

And who would those bitter, old western guys be then? Lets see if you are brave enough to name names.

1 minute ago, Khon Kaen Dave said:

And who would those bitter, old western guys be then? Lets see if you are brave enough to name names.

Have a quick look back through the thread- you will find many.

1 person likes this

8 hours ago, webfact said:

the footprint was noticed recently while he was leading a survey of watershed forests as part of a plan to develop community tourism

What a coincidence. NOT

1 person likes this

4 minutes ago, Slip said:

Have a quick look back through the thread- you will find many.

Done that, oh brave one, but dont see you naming anybody. got a touch of the "good fellow's (yellow)have you, c'mon man give us names.

the rationale you have used in your first post is ridiculous, and without substance.

I don't intend to get into this with you for 2 reasons- 1) What I'm referring to is so common in the posts that it is obvious 2) Your gambit that I am in some way scared to name names on an anonymous forum is ridiculous.

If you can't see what I'm referring to so be it. I've been around quite a lot longer than you so perhaps I recognise the comments that I'm talking about more quickly than you. If you are still having trouble why don't you have another read through the posts more slowly. 

1 person likes this

How come all these Buddha footprints are huge... I did not know he was a giant?

Also how come there are only ever one huge footprint... not 2 or more?  Did he like to hop about miles at a time?

And, Buddha never came to Thailand in his life travels... so how come there are his footprints here?

Finally, when people find these footprints, do they quickly destroy the area of its forest, concrete everything, put up huge expensive temples and start begging money and 'gifts' off people.... all of these things being totally opposite to Buddha's teachings?

8 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

He also told his disciples that he was NOT a god, and NOT to pray to him, as it wouldn't do any good.  Someone forgot to tell the Buddhist, especially the Thai ones, about that.

There's no money or power in that,,which seems to be the basis for most religions,

regards worgeordie.

My Thai wife finally got so fed up with Thai "Buddhism" that she started going to a Christian Church, later converted, and came home and got rid of any & everything connected to Buddhism, including one large, and very expensive San Ka Poom (prayer house/temple) in our front yard, donating it to the moo bahn. 

So going from one superstition to another is any good? She should have rejected all that BS.
2 people like this

9 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

Oh, please, give me a break from this bull! 

How bout the shroud or Turin? or the birthplace of Jesus? Can I interest you in a splinter taken from the true cross, how bout some magic water from Lourdes? Or statues of Mary that cry real tears?