webfact

‘Buddha’s footprint’ found on Surat Thani mountain

108 posts in this topic

Ya right!

These kinds of reports tend to make me laugh. What REAL evidence is there to base such a comment?

Typical! It must have been a monks foot imprint...

In a rural village, I once lived within, a very small face of a so called monk was suddenly and amazingly noticed, protruding out of a stone wall within the grounds of a local and very old temple!

As you can imagine, the reported story, went over the top.

The so called monks head, was simply a folly. It was an obvious attempt at stimulating interest and subsequently stirring up emotions, especially amongst devout followers who sadly would part with all their worldly goods, in the name of religion. Or should it be termed, corruption!?

Candid camera comes to mind.

Or more like, yet an other attempt at extorting funds from mainly the weak and elderly and no doubt,
Ike wise, with the reported so called, monks foot.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

2 people like this

3 hours ago, survivalblue said:

Jesus toast might sell in America.  Could be the next big  thing.  Just have to figure out how to get his face on the toast.

Yossoul Ben Yosef,thought he was the son of God. He told the masses that the meek would inherit the earth(i hope he was wrong on that score)He Upset the San Hedrin Purposely, and caused people to follow him because he was charismatic.Most of the people that did follow him ended up dying i excruciating agony, Peter and Andrew to name two.John was held captive in some Mediterranean country for the rest of his life until he was poisoned.And it is said that he performed miracles, I put this down to hysteria on the part of the witnesses.

This was obviously a confused and delusional man, who believed that he was born to die a vile, painful and degrading death, after he had been almost flayed alive.To me this man was an enemy of the people, not the Messiah.

Who on earth would want to claim to have his footprint on any mountain, sacred or not? Two thousand years later, he is still causing wars. And the tales, which are kept alive by the Catholic church, and any church that follows him, come to that, is making fortunes out of him.

When Caiaphas was told that the tomb stone had been removed and there was no corpse inside, Caiaphas, is meant to have said "well that's the end of that".

It was Zerah, the forward seeing, scribe , who said "this is just the beginning"

1 person likes this

On 4/20/2017 at 0:08 PM, wakeupplease said:

Gullible stupid people in some parts of the world comes from lack of education and being surrounded by liars, scammers and thieves

I think Cher sang a song about that :smile:  :sorry:

1 person likes this

16 minutes ago, Khon Kaen Dave said:

Yossoul Ben Yosef,thought he was the son of God. He told the masses that the meek would inherit the earth(i hope he was wrong on that score)He Upset the San Hedrin Purposely, and caused people to follow him because he was charismatic.Most of the people that did follow him ended up dying i excruciating agony, Peter and Andrew to name two.John was held captive in some Mediterranean country for the rest of his life until he was poisoned.And it is said that he performed miracles, I put this down to hysteria on the part of the witnesses.

This was obviously a confused and delusional man, who believed that he was born to die a vile, painful and degrading death, after he had been almost flayed alive.To me this man was an enemy of the people, not the Messiah.

Who on earth would want to claim to have his footprint on any mountain, sacred or not? Two thousand years later, he is still causing wars. And the tales, which are kept alive by the Catholic church, and any church that follows him, come to that, is making fortunes out of him.

When Caiaphas was told that the tomb stone had been removed and there was no corpse inside, Caiaphas, is meant to have said "well that's the end of that".

It was Zerah, the forward seeing, scribe , who said "this is just the beginning"

Wasn't this about Buddha's foot print ?

1 hour ago, pentap said:

Ya right!

These kinds of reports tend to make me laugh. What REAL evidence is there to base such a comment?

Typical! It must have been a monks foot imprint...

In a rural village, I once lived within, a very small face of a so called monk was suddenly and amazingly noticed, protruding out of a stone wall within the grounds of a local and very old temple!

As you can imagine, the reported story, went over the top.

The so called monks head, was simply a folly. It was an obvious attempt at stimulating interest and subsequently stirring up emotions, especially amongst devout followers who sadly would part with all their worldly goods, in the name of religion. Or should it be termed, corruption!?

Candid camera comes to mind.

Or more like, yet an other attempt at extorting funds from mainly the weak and elderly and no doubt,
Ike wise, with the reported so called, monks foot.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

I am quite surprised that my village hasn't hit the news, over a year ago the abbot died and his body didn't decay,it turned a little dark but that was it,he has been placed in a glass coffin and resides sometimes in the temple and sometimes in the house built for him on the temple grounds. I knew him quite well, a nice venerable old man who used to be an alcoholic in his younger days.

On 4/20/2017 at 1:34 PM, thequietman said:

Siddhartha is said to have spent 29 years as a prince in Kapilavastu, not Thailand. For the remaining 45 years of his life, the Buddha is said to have traveled in the Gangetic Plain, in what is now Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, and southern Nepal, not Thailand.

Anyone wanna tell them he was never in Thailand.

You beat me to it.

It's unbelievable that "Buddha land" knows squat about the Buddha. 

2 people like this

There are fundamentally 2 buddhisms:

European buddhism (the original buddhism?) - a trendy philosophy with good and bad to it.

Asian buddhism - a mix of religion (including a god) and superstition (including monks, lucky numbers, magical footprints).

11 minutes ago, oldhippy said:

There are fundamentally 2 buddhisms:

European buddhism (the original buddhism?) - a trendy philosophy with good and bad to it.

Asian buddhism - a mix of religion (including a god) and superstition (including monks, lucky numbers, magical footprints).

Did he leave any footprints in Europe ?

1 person likes this

18 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

Did he leave any footprints in Europe ?

Was there a Europe 2000 years ago? Wasn't it all funny names that the Romans gave us?