midas

In what ways would Thailand be affected economically if World War 3 starts?

68 posts in this topic

To be blunt,  should WWIII occur Thailands economy would be decimated beyond anyones wildest nightmares, and assuming, no direct close by nuclear strikes, nuclear winter and/or rampant spreading radiation, we would drive us back to agrarian style, hunting, and fishing methods of existence, not a pretty thought.

Being extremely cynical there is one brutal theory that we are just sophisticated carriers and inventions of our real Boss "DNA", in which case WWIII will merely be DNA's way of culling the herd so to speak, and which ever deity you subscribe to won't be of much help. Isn't that a terrible thought?  Should we extinguish ourselves completely DNA will simply and cold heartedly go back to its drawing board and in a few millenia reinvent itself, and try again with another batch.  That's one theory I definitely do not believe. Think I'll go back to listening to Coldplay and watching CNN.

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, realenglish1 said:

My guess is that we will not be at war with Russia or China  All have too much to lose Now having said that  there are countries like Iran  and N Korea that are causing problems. However they are no match for the 3 major powers and If I had to place money on which countries would come to assist the USA if there really was a major threat I would put my money on China in the end They where alias in the second world war so why not in there is another

"  I would put my money on China in the end "

I don't think so somehow:giggle:

http://www.strategic-culture.org/news/2017/01/01/how-united-iran-russia-china-changing-world-better.html

7 minutes ago, PeCeDe said:

To be blunt,  should WWIII occur Thailands economy would be decimated beyond anyones wildest nightmares, and assuming, no direct close by nuclear strikes, nuclear winter and/or rampant spreading radiation, we would drive us back to agrarian style, hunting, and fishing methods of existence, not a pretty thought.

Being extremely cynical there is one brutal theory that we are just sophisticated carriers and inventions of our real Boss "DNA", in which case WWIII will merely be DNA's way of culling the herd so to speak, and which ever deity you subscribe to won't be of much help. Isn't that a terrible thought?  Should we extinguish ourselves completely DNA will simply and cold heartedly go back to its drawing board and in a few millenia reinvent itself, and try again with another batch.  That's one theory I definitely do not believe. Think I'll go back to listening to Coldplay and watching CNN.

................................and maybe with a little help from these people:bah:

http://themostimportantnews.com/archives/46-population-control-quotes-that-show-how-badly-the-elite-want-to-wipe-us-all-out

ID: 55   Posted (edited)

19 hours ago, midas said:

................................and maybe with a little help from these people:bah:

http://themostimportantnews.com/archives/46-population-control-quotes-that-show-how-badly-the-elite-want-to-wipe-us-all-out

The elite want GROWTH to preserve their wealth and power.  That the population is reduced/ wiped out within a century is of no consequence to them.  They want wealth and power now, and that means growth, not death.

#26, Margaret Sanger is closest, and Al Gore wrong......as usual.

Edited by F4UCorsair

2 hours ago, F4UCorsair said:

The elite want GROWTH to preserve their wealth and power.  That the population is reduced/ wiped out within a century is of no consequence to them.  They want wealth and power now, and that means growth, not death.

#26, Margaret Sanger is closest, and Al Gore wrong......as usual.

What growth? USA has had 10 straight years without 3% growth in GDP

the elites  figure the robots will do anything humans can do plus more. A US employer interviewed 400 people for a position and only 180 passed a simple maths test.

The humans were only of use while they had the money to be consumers and that past ages ago which is why so many shopping malls are closing down.

Surely, we all know by now that if World War 3 breaks out, it will have absolutely no effect whatsoever on "teflon" Thailand.   In fact I am quite certain that the Thai P.M.has already written his speech saying so.   Possibly followed by a new song congratulating the winning side.

On 4/22/2017 at 0:43 AM, PeCeDe said:

Anything negative to say??

ID: 59   Posted (edited)

On 4/22/2017 at 10:52 PM, midas said:

What growth? USA has had 10 straight years without 3% growth in GDP

the elites  figure the robots will do anything humans can do plus more. A US employer interviewed 400 people for a position and only 180 passed a simple maths test.

The humans were only of use while they had the money to be consumers and that past ages ago which is why so many shopping malls are closing down.

This graph suggests otherwise, with 6/7 years above 3%, and three of those above 4%.  Of course, the GFC impacted heavily, but when you look at the Dow, it was 14,000 pre GFC, and is 21,000 now, there is some growth in there.

http://www.tradingeconomics.com/united-states/gdp-growth

Many countries would be happy with anything above 2%

Edited by F4UCorsair

" In what ways would Thailand be affected economically if World War 3 starts?"

All their girls would belong to me. 

On 4/21/2017 at 3:25 PM, SpeakeasyThai said:

The question itself is redundant as we all will be nuked.

the good news is "no cost for cremation and/or funeral party".

2 people like this

7 hours ago, F4UCorsair said:

Anything negative to say??

The OP question was, " In what ways would Thailand be affected economically if World War 3 starts?" I was being honest, and forthright, tell me it ain't so? To quote a famous American,  "We hold these truths to be self evident." NYSE gone, Chicago Mercantile gone, Worlds financial capital (London) gone, Moscow gone, etc.etc. Of course it's negative.

You want some good news, well, when confronted and fully understanding this potential for Mutually assured destruction, we can perhaps take a look around us and appreciate what we have 'today,' I think for most of us it's as close to paradise as we'll ever get. For me, I have a great family, far flung, yes, but they're all great people... I live well, nice condo, all I can eat, sometimes dodgy health, travel around the world, my Thai neighbours are great, I'm not thinking of jumping from the balcony, and I do it all on very little money... Go figure, so there's your positive. I can proudly say, "This, I/we will defend" 

lol if ww3 was to really break out then the last thing any of us connected to Thailand would be interested in is Thai economics. We'd all be doing whatever was possible to fly back to our own countries ASAP leaving behind whatever was there

On 4/24/2017 at 6:23 AM, F4UCorsair said:

This graph suggests otherwise, with 6/7 years above 3%, and three of those above 4%.  Of course, the GFC impacted heavily, but when you look at the Dow, it was 14,000 pre GFC, and is 21,000 now, there is some growth in there.

http://www.tradingeconomics.com/united-states/gdp-growth

Many countries would be happy with anything above 2%

Yes but there has only been a growth in DEBT not productivity

9 hours ago, midas said:

Yes but there has only been a growth in DEBT not productivity

The link says "gdp-growth"!!   See the link for the definition of GDP.....please.    "P" for "product" (all the goods and services produced within the country's borders).   If product has increased, productivity has increased.

http://www.investopedia.com/terms/g/gdp.asp

Not worth engaging.

Edited by F4UCorsair

On 4/27/2017 at 4:57 AM, F4UCorsair said:

The link says "gdp-growth"!!   See the link for the definition of GDP.....please.    "P" for "product" (all the goods and services produced within the country's borders).   If product has increased, productivity has increased.

http://www.investopedia.com/terms/g/gdp.asp

Not worth engaging.

" The link says "gdp-growth"!!   "

Lipstick on a pig...................

America’s future is bleak: While US economic growth has practically halted and productivity is shrinking, DEBT CONSUMPTION is up. Way up.

http://investmentwatchblog.com/americas-future-is-bleak-while-us-economic-growth-has-practically-halted-and-productivity-is-shrinking-debt-consumption-is-up-way-up/