webfact

Britain will lose more from Brexit than EU, bloc's foreign policy chief says

165 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, englishinsiam said:

The anti UK stuff here lol.

We will be just fine out of the EU. France will be next then the Eu will crumble and the nation's will all get their sovereignty back.

Which is the crux on the entire argument. To a large extent the EU forced the hand of the British over one single issue... sovereignty. All this supposed xenophobic nonsense pilled onto the backs of UK people is just that, nonsense. The EU will likely disintegrate after the UK leaves but by that I mean in its present form. I voted Brexit because I'm unwilling to be told what to do by a bunch of unelected people whole sole purpose is to look busy and pass legislation for no rational reason in an effort to look, as said, busy. I'm sick of these pro EU stalwarts who said nothing when the Lisbon Treaty was foistered on people yet bitch when down the line people complain.

2 people like this

ID: 44   Posted (edited)

23 minutes ago, delh said:

Le Pen stands a great chance in the upcoming presidential election.

She has a few warts but maybe not as many as some other candidates. I just hope she is not another "princess" that turns into a frog. The world now is full of jumping political toads and frogs and not one handsum prince among them .

Edited by elgordo38
2 people like this

2 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

Everyone has an opinion on Brexit and it's effect on both the UK and the EU. The truth is that we don't know how much damage is going to be inflicted on both sides but there will be lot's of "statistics" that each side will be quoting to make their case.  The negotiations haven't started yet and we are still at the posturing stage.  There will be a lot of moving of goalposts as the months go on.  For example May has now decided to remove foreign students studying in Britain from the immigrant list to ease the pressure on getting those figures down.  That will give her a 175,000 head start.  Much more to come I am sure.

Politicians have a way of whittling away at things. I just look back some 20 years at my retirement and my retirement check to affirm that. 

1 person likes this

ID: 47   Posted (edited)

20 minutes ago, notmyself said:

We will be just fine out of the EU. France will be next then the Eu will crumble and the nation's will all get their sovereignty back.

Last one out turn out the lights. Going back to square one will be costly and painful. I can still remember my gall bladder operation. 

Edited by elgordo38
1 person likes this

Well the clock is ticking with the French election looming closer.  The latest attack in Paris certainly bolsters the far rights argument and may affect the voting.  If France does leave the EU then that would be the death of it.  Hopefully then a new trading group could rise from the ashes and that would be a good thing.  However it would involve a fair amount of blood on the carpet in the meantime and quite a bit of finger pointing and blame games.  All this will take years and the way the world is changing at the moment everything is uncertain.

2 people like this

They're still upset about the lost monthly money which the Germans will have to pay and the impending departure of France from the EU tyranny 

2 hours ago, Grouse said:

Fascism is a fairly large wart

I agree. Looking back though most politicians that have come and gone in my lifetime were all warts. 

2 people like this

3 minutes ago, delh said:

Ah yes, the totally trustworthy, non biased, brexit supporting (haha) BBC. 

Zero credibility. 

Google it.

I'm proud of the BBC

It's very disloyal of you not to support such a thoroughly British institution!

2 people like this

ID: 55   Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Grouse said:

I'm proud of the BBC

It's very disloyal of you not to support such a thoroughly British institution!

Disloyal, interesting words.  I guess this is a wind up?

Back in 85, I witnessed  good old auntie beeb rent a car from central Joburg, drive to Soweto, PAY local youths to stone and burn it.

Then report it!  Riots in Soweto... <deleted>.

And then, go back to Avis Hillbrow, told them they were mugged.  

Avis were mugged.

But hey, the car was insured. 

Why let the truth get in the way of a good story?

Edited by delh
Overlooked a point.
2 people like this

2 minutes ago, vogie said:

I think  Sir Jimmy Saville and Rolf Harris would certainly agree with you, and many more. The BBC knew their antics and just turned a blind eye. Whatever credibility the beeb had it certainly doesn't have that now.

The likes of Johnners,  Trueman, the bearded wonder, and John Arlott would be turning in their grave.

1 person likes this

It will be an economic shock and I dont think people understand this.  I'd guess a 5-10% hit on GDP over a few years.  And it will seem worse as the rest of the world will be posting higher growth as the global economy seems to be on the up again.  I doubt a trade deal can be reached beyond what Canada has, but there will be some fudge over financial services.

50/50 whether we lose Scotland or not, but perhaps that is going to happen anyway.  Some say good riddance.  Not me.

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, mommysboy said:

It will be an economic shock and I dont think people understand this.  I'd guess a 5-10% hit on GDP over a few years.  And it will seem worse as the rest of the world will be posting higher growth as the global economy seems to be on the up again.  I doubt a trade deal can be reached beyond what Canada has, but there will be some fudge over financial services.

50/50 whether we lose Scotland or not, but perhaps that is going to happen anyway.  Some say good riddance.  Not me.

Understanding your opinion, fair call. 

However, I believe the fallout will be far worse for individual EU states than for the UK.

Can you imagine the impact of Spanish fishing fleets not being able to enter, or chased out of, British waters

on the day after an agreement or non agreement?

Or Mercedes, BMW, Peugeot, Citroen, Seat etc having a price hike in the UK?

World headlines, UK navy involvement etc?  EU uproar on our selfishness etc, etc,

Which way would the markets go on that day?

And which way would the EU go?

2 people like this

1 hour ago, delh said:

The likes of Johnners,  Trueman, the bearded wonder, and John Arlott would be turning in their grave.

Why were they all buried in the same grave?

1 person likes this