Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation
Darafarangset

Too many exemptions visa on my passport...

Posted (edited)

Hi everyone, 

Me and my bf arrived in Thailand on October 2016, had a tourist visa on our passports (French passports) that allowed us to stay 2 months. We decided to stay longer, went to the immigration office to get 30 more days. 

At the end of these 3 months : got out of the country and flight back to Bangkok and got an exemption. 

From January until today we've been staying in Thailand on exemptions and extensions at immigration. 
So it's been almost 8 months. 

Last time we arrived in DMK (April 2017) the IO informed me that her computer was showing an alert, questioned me, asked me for my flight-back ticket, which I had by chance... 
My boyfriend didn't get any trouble, the IO just stamped and didn't mention any "alert"

So... 
We'd like to stay longer but I know it's going to get really suspicious to the IO and I don't want to be denied at the airport... 
So I was wondering if we go to Vientiane and make a real tourist visa (60 days) like we did the first time, would it be less suspicious to the IO? Or would it still be the same? Would they still be asking for documents? Or flight back tickets? 

And last thing: I was wondering if the Thai ambassy in Vientiane would even give us that tourist visa seeing all these stamps on our passports...

Thank you for your help :) 
Edited by Darafarangset

5 minutes ago, Los Luver said:

It won't help getting a visa from the embassy in Laos. They will still be suspicious. You are flagged now.

It seems like you are living in Los. the immigration police started to crack down on visa runners. Los doesn't benefit from this kind of "tourists", claim the authorities

Thank you for your answer. 

I'm sorry you said in from "Los"? What is it? I'm from France ;)

12 minutes ago, Los Luver said:

It won't help getting a visa from the embassy in Laos. They will still be suspicious. You are flagged now.

It seems like you are living in Los. the immigration police started to crack down on visa runners. Los doesn't benefit from this kind of "tourists", claim the authorities

1 minute ago, bangkokbanjo said:

Los stands for land of smiles, which is what thailand is called

Sent from my SM-G920V using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Oh okay sorry didn't know that word :) 

so what is your best advice? Try again with an exemption or just leave and come back next year? 

48 minutes ago, Darafarangset said:

So I was wondering if we go to Vientiane and make a real tourist visa (60 days) like we did the first time, would it be less suspicious to the IO? Or would it still be the same? Would they still be asking for documents? Or flight back tickets? 

Getting a visa will definitely help and increase the chance of you not being denied entry.

Make sure you have at least 20K baht in cash (each) when you enter. If possible have onward flight bookings and or hotel bookings. It's unlikely they will be asked for, but will help if they start looking for reasons to deny entry.

53 minutes ago, Darafarangset said:

And last thing: I was wondering if the Thai ambassy in Vientiane would even give us that tourist visa seeing all these stamps on our passports...

Yes they should give you a visa. They won't be bothered about the previous visa exempt entries/extensions. 

They are looking for excuses to deny you entry, you know this already.

Do you feel welcome ?

I am quite confident that you would get a single entry tourist visa in Vientiane, and be able to reenter Thailand without difficulty at this point. You have not been in the country long enough for them to single you as a long stayer on tourist entries. However, if you are considering staying another six months or year or longer, you should be investigating alternatives to tourist visas.

Posted (edited)

YOU ARE BEING SUSPECTED OF WORING IN Thailand.

You need to show your income is in fact from outside Thailand and not earned in Thailand by working here, without a work permit.

Edited by IMA_FARANG
Added a comment

24 minutes ago, bangkokbanjo said:

Education visa work well

Sent from my SM-G920V using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

A person entering Thailand is required by law to have the appropriate visa for which their intended stay pertains to.

As the OP is not and education teacher an ED visa would not be the correct visa.

2 hours ago, ukrules said:

They are looking for excuses to deny you entry, you know this already.

Do you feel welcome ?

Nonsense, they want legitimime tourists.

• Like 1