Jump to content
Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation
webfact

Video: Wild West Thailand - Songkran shooting caught on tape

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, tracker1 said:

And again apparently the police were nowhere to be found !

The police should find this video, give it to the PM and he should ban guns for the public and call them all in.

America has a bad gun problem, countries that have banned them do not have problems as bad.

 

Thai's are memorised by soap opera where shooting people is funny and the norm.

When you see young boys on bikes doing wheel stands and speeding down Soi's where children are playing and when school gets out you can not believe the stupid mentality, give them a gun as well and BINGO a murder waiting to happen.  :post-4641-1156694005:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

New Rule, dont get so drunk during songkran that you mistake your toy water pistol gun for your real gun :sick:

Edited by Jimbo2014

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank God I had to go loas on a visa run and missed the last 3 days of the madness . it's getting worst ever year give it 10 more years and it will basically be like that film the Purge. But still with crime the rest if the year.
 

 

 

 


Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, free123 said:

u speak about usa ??? at least here in thailand such things do not happen too often ...if u are american this is business as usual if not in a wealthy neighbourhood ( and they getting rare ) shooting killing murder robbery is the common daily experience..if u from central europe this is not realy common and it should not be anywhere...at least not in thailand where many come for peace and tranquility....i guess pattaya tourists like the crime bars drug scene otherwise they would not visit or live (retire ) at the worlds crime and prostitution capitol.... so dont complain too much its part if the business there where u choose to reside...child prostitution...massive drug problems.... international and local crime gangs...ripp offs of all kinds....a totally corrupt police force that partly runs these business ...shootings stabbings snap thieves....robbers and murderers to pose as womens...the worlds capitol of prostitution and child abuse....there u go ...thats why u went there in the first place..so now dont complain just enjoy....

I agree with this, so many here just love to poke fun at Thailand, but look at the real world, the US is really bad, now look at Paris, France. There is an issue here with police not doing their job and never around, that does need the attention of the PM.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is really sick Youth with Guns The police should nail these guys I can hope for this but not fulfilled 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, kiwikeith said:

 

Thai's are memorised by soap opera where shooting people is funny and the norm.

Perhaps you have been mesmerised and shagged your memory... or did you actually think Thais (no need for apostrophe) we're memorialised in soap operas???

 

:sorry:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do all of you really think shooting is on the rise in Thailand?  It's been regular for as long as I have been here (27 years) and back in the day in it's the way many disputes were settled in small towns and villages across Thailand.  I am not condoning it.  Just an observation that killing people you don't like is not out of the ordinary in Thailand.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, wealthychef said:

Actually that is exactly what a volley is, when a single shooter is involved.  If three had guns, then a volley would be all of them firing off a shot together.  

I did not think they were playing tennis.

 

"A volley of bullets, arrows, or rocks describes a large number of them being shot or thrown simultaneously. Another meaning of the noun volley involves just one projectile: a returned tennis ball, usually one that hasn't hit the ground before being smacked by a racket.

volley - Dictionary Definition : Vocabulary.com"

https://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/volley

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, smotherb said:

I did not think they were playing tennis.

 

"A volley of bullets, arrows, or rocks describes a large number of them being shot or thrown simultaneously. Another meaning of the noun volley involves just one projectile: a returned tennis ball, usually one that hasn't hit the ground before being smacked by a racket.

volley - Dictionary Definition : Vocabulary.com"

https://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/volley

...and then someone invented volleyball and confusion ran riot.

Edited by NanLaew
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is just a part of the main game. There is more to come I'm sure. You have to look at the big picture here.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, owl sees all said:

It is just a part of the main game. There is more to come I'm sure. You have to look at the big picture here.

 

If you can keep your head when others around are losing their's; you could finish up the talest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is so boring this behaviour. Small skinny men need big steel guns to feel good about themselves. Let them kill each other, they are doing everyone a favour. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, kiwikeith said:

The police should find this video, give it to the PM and he should ban guns for the public and call them all in.

America has a bad gun problem, countries that have banned them do not have problems as bad.

 

Thai's are memorised by soap opera where shooting people is funny and the norm.

When you see young boys on bikes doing wheel stands and speeding down Soi's where children are playing and when school gets out you can not believe the stupid mentality, give them a gun as well and BINGO a murder waiting to happen.  :post-4641-1156694005:

Yes I have noticed the prevalence guns in soap opera's here as well. This could of course become implanted in fertile young minds watching. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My missis saw the exact same thing during Songkran about 10 years ago in Bang Saray, back then a sleepy fishing village.  The main attraction in the village for days was people coming to see the bullet holes in the wall (opposite what is now an Italian restaurant) One bloke got shot in the leg.  Nothing has changed much, except back then not everybody carried a video recorder, there was no Thai Visa, not much in the way of youtube, and the internet still evolving.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, tracker1 said:

And again apparently the police were nowhere to be found !

I find it hard to believe many people expect the police to be everywhere. That is impossible. And probably if police were actually there the shooters would have not fired but waited for their opportunity to shoot at another time. Not defending Thai police  But tell me how any police force in the world is suppose to have psychic knowledge of where crime is going to be committed in the future to be there at the exact time of the crime. Or how police are suppose to magically prevent all crimes or be at the crime scene in seconds. Do you bitch just to bitch for fun sake or do you have anything positive to add?  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

BANGKOK 12 December 2017 02:15
Sponsors
×