tropico

Songtaew drivers complain again against Uber

31 posts in this topic

Exerpt from today's follow-up email from Uber after I reported an unsafe ride 3 days ago:

"We've followed up with the driver right after we received your email. The incident will be noted on the driver's account for our records. Should there be any untoward incident in the future involving the same driver and other riders, these reports will be referenced and will be used to assess the suitability of the driver staying on the system.

We have fully refunded the fare for this trip. This is not because the driver failed to take you to your destination, but because of the entire undesirable experience. An updated receipt was sent to you, and the adjustment will take a few business days to reflect on your account. If you have any further details that you believe are relevant please send them my way. Meanwhile, we have ensured you will not be matched with this driver again."

THIS is why I support Uber.

Thai songteaw mafia, greedy tuk-tuk drivers and corrupt government officials--

GET A CLUE!

(Yeah, right...)

Edited by Brightly

On 21/04/2017 at 10:36 AM, geriatrickid said:

I doubt any songtaew driver is complaining.  I don't know what the prices are in CNX, but in Hua Hin its 10 baht a ride before 7 pm and 15 baht after 7 pm.  This is hardly in the same league as Uber.  

The system is different in HH and CM. CM sawngthaews do not follow a specific route, that is why it is 20 Baht as it is basically a shared taxi that will drop you (or not) at your desired destination

Unless you are on white, blue, yellow, and I think maroon....all on fixed routes.  The only one I had trouble with was yellow...first year uni girls kept trying to get my mobile number.

On 4/21/2017 at 2:27 PM, JomtienEats said:

Songteaws reduce traffic congestion - a full songteaw carries maybe 14 or more people...

But very few are full - And an empty one can be a downright menace on the road... :coffee1:

Edited by sfokevin

On 21/04/2017 at 8:07 PM, steveyinasia said:

From what I saw pricing is in both Thai and English however i overheard a driver last week quoting three Japan ladies a fare of 100Bt each to go from maya to Thaepae gate. 

Meanwhile, all three of those three ladies could have done the same trip in air conditioned comfort with an Uber car for 50 baht.

That songthaew driver certainly must have been proud of himself. 

11 hours ago, KhonKaenKowboy said:

Unless you are on white, blue, yellow, and I think maroon....all on fixed routes. 

A slight correction....none of the roaming (red) songteaws are on fixed routes...which is why you ask them if they'll take you to a given place.