webfact

Unidentified foreign tourist's body recovered from Phuket beach

83 posts in this topic

22 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

No it does not. Thailand attracts males who are predisposed to early death. Consider the demographics of  many of these alleged suspicious deaths;

- A history of smoking, alcohol and recreational drug use.

- Pre-existing  medical conditions such as heart disease, renal failure, pulmonary disease etc.

- Pre-existing mental illness

- Predisposition to dangerous behaviours such as criminality (e.g. drunk driving, fighting)

Thailand is a  location that attracts people who  occupy the population segment that is already at a high risk of an early death. If these people remained in their home countries, they would be  reflected in the suicide and death by misadventure stats there. 

In plain language don't blame Thailand because some guy with blocked arteries has a heart attack at the beach, or an alcoholic finally succumbs to cirrhosis, or a violent  foreigner who lived on the edge of society pushed it too far, or a mentally ill man jumps off a balcony etc. There are indeed some cases where foreigners are murdered, however, the vast majority, the overwhelming number of foreign deaths are due to the behaviour and the lifestyle of the foreigner.  How many times must it be said that foreigners should not rent jet skis, bungee jump, parasail at the beach or rent motorbikes if they have no driving experience on a motorbike or in the developing world? And yet they do. These people must take responsibility for their own stupidity. It is easier to stay alive in Thailand if one uses common sense and acts responsibly. Behave like a clueless adolescent and you get splattered.

Why do I all of a sudden feel that I am being watched?

5 hours ago, stevenl said:

Yes, some people think the earth is flat. Also a point of view.

Why not?

If it is not flat why is there a flat earth society ( and if you don't believe me, google t)  had a second officer (Navigation Officer) sail with me on one vessel many years ago who was genuinely a fully paid up member of the flat earth society.

H made me literally crap my whites when he suddenly appeared at around 0500 hrs on the bridge shouting for us to turn around before we fell off the edge of the world.....

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, The Dark Lord said:

Why do I all of a sudden feel that I am being watched?

Because you are a hansum man? Or, more likely, your left nut fell out of your speedo...............

1 person likes this

On 4/22/2017 at 10:25 AM, TEFLKrabi said:

What? None of you went skinny dipping after a few drinks when you were younger? RIP young man 

Yes in a pool with friends. Now that was the bees knees. 

2 minutes ago, elgordo38 said:

Yes in a pool with friends. Now that was the bees knees. 

Only if the rest were ladies.....:stoner:

1 person likes this

guy was drunk at 8am ? sounds like drinking all night thru till the morning; sounds like nothing untoward

ID: 82   Posted

On 4/23/2017 at 3:01 AM, geriatrickid said:

No.

This explains in large part why we are where we are and you are where you are in life.

It's called common sense and intelligent thinking.

A male of 37 years of age is not a young man. He is a grown adult.

Your excuse, might pass for a young man aged 15-22, but not for a grown adult age 37.

Ager is a relative term.   37 may be young to a 75 yo.   15-22 may be young to a 40 yo.

Please give some kudos to the vendors who noticed. It's not too much to ask.