Jump to content
Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation
madmonk888

Do i have to report myself TM28 , TM30 and report to police if I go on holiday in country ?

Recommended Posts

madmonk888    14

Every time I do my 90 day it has never been mentioned. I have lived in the same place for over 5 years and have a yellow tabien bahn . Now if I return to my country for 2 weeks when I return to I have to do a TM28 for myself and a TM30 for myself and go to an Immigration office within 24 hours ? I have left the country before, not since 2015 and just went back to my Immigration office after 90 days and no mention of any TM forms or fines were mentioned.

Also, if , say you decide to go on holiday in country to another province are they saying you should go to Immigration and report yourself if you are staying more than 24 hours and does that then mean when you return to your registered home you have to go to your local Immigration again  ? 

I am sure this has been covered before but any help to clarify this would really be appreciated. Sorry to ask but is it the same across all Immigration offices as I have never been asked before but as I am going away and it seems a hot topic especially in Jomtien (which is not my office ) ?

Thank you

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ubonjoe    17,775
4 minutes ago, madmonk888 said:

Also, if , say you decide to go on holiday in country to another province are they saying you should go to Immigration and report yourself if you are staying more than 24 hours and does that then mean when you return to your registered home you have to go to your local Immigration again  ? 

That reporting is not normally enforced since it would be almost impossible to do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ldiablo72    353

My wife asked this question at Pathumthani immigration because we were going on a trip to Kho Samet and they told her I only need to report if I were to leave the country.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
madmonk888    14
1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

That reporting is not normally enforced since it would be almost impossible to do.

Thanks ubonjoe, makes sense

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
madmonk888    14
1 hour ago, ldiablo72 said:

My wife asked this question at Pathumthani immigration because we were going on a trip to Kho Samet and they told her I only need to report if I were to leave the country.

thanks, sounds sensible to me, I am leaving the country so will see then, as I will return to the exact same address, and to where my tabien bahn and Pink ID card say I live :-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CharlieH    12,101

I just returned from immigration and was told the same thing.

Also in the leaflet I was given it states that if you leave the province and stay more than 24hrs in another Province you must report to the Police station.

 

I questioned it, and although the rules are actually "old" they are now tightening up and want them followed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ubonjoe    17,775
25 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

I just returned from immigration and was told the same thing.

Also in the leaflet I was given it states that if you leave the province and stay more than 24hrs in another Province you must report to the Police station.

 

I questioned it, and although the rules are actually "old" they are now tightening up and want them followed.

But how would they know you stayed in another province for more than 24 hours. 

The only way they could know is if your were reported by a hotel and that is kept in special database. Most offices don't bother to check if one has been filed. There are only a couple of offices that have been reported as checking to see if a TM30 was done by a hotel.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CharlieH    12,101
12 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

But how would they know you stayed in another province for more than 24 hours. 

The only way they could know is if your were reported by a hotel and that is kept in special database. Most offices don't bother to check if one has been filed. There are only a couple of offices that have been reported as checking to see if a TM30 was done by a hotel.

No idea, I am just reporting what I was told and I had to sign to acknowledge the requirements. I can give you a scan of the leaflet if its helpful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JackThompson    1,408
1 hour ago, CharlieH said:

No idea, I am just reporting what I was told and I had to sign to acknowledge the requirements. I can give you a scan of the leaflet if its helpful.

Please do post it - so we can keep track of what your office is requiring this week, which could be helpful to others who report to that office.  Over time, a nationwide policy may be developed, but that could take awhile.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CharlieH    12,101
37 minutes ago, JackThompson said:

Please do post it - so we can keep track of what your office is requiring this week, which could be helpful to others who report to that office.  Over time, a nationwide policy may be developed, but that could take awhile.

The leaflet appears to be a few years old going by the date(2552), which would suggest its not "new" but what is "new" is they are now pushing its content and "tightening up" and asking to sign that you have read/been informed of its content.

 

(Offices can/will/do vary)

 

 

Immi-2.jpg

Immi-1.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Maestro    3,087
4 hours ago, CharlieH said:

The leaflet appears to be a few years old going by the date(2552), which would suggest its not "new" but what is "new" is they are now pushing its content and "tightening up" and asking to sign that you have read/been informed of its content.

 

(Offices can/will/do vary)

 

 

The leaflet adds the text of Section 38 of the Immigration Act into Section 37, which is wrong. Nevertheless, I wish I had the opportunity of going with this leaflet to your immigration office and 

  1. ask for the form to be used for the notification to "the police official of the police station" under Section 37 (3) and (4). Presumably, it is TM.28 but I'd like to have confirmation;
     
  2. ask for a copy of "any conditions as prescribed by the Director General" mentioned in paragraph 2 of Section 37
    37 para 2.gif
     
  3. ask for a copy of "the regulations prescribed by the Director General" mentioned in paragraph 3 of Section 37
    37 para 3.gif
     
  4. ask for a copy of the "regulations prescribed by the Director General" mentioned in paragraph 3 of Section 38 reagrding the notification of the arrival of an alian by the house-master, possessor or owner of the residence or the hotel manager
    38 para 3.gif
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
louse1953    3,161

As requirements vary from office to office,i suggest you go to your office and ask.That's what i do.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Maestro    3,087

It is those elusive conditions and regulations "prescribed by the Director General" I want to get my hands on for my collection. For ten years I have been hunting for them in vain; it has become an obsession.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Oohwan    6
Posted (edited)

A couple of days before I left Thailand I made a new TM30 because I rented a new house, and upon my return I went to immigration to do it all over again (same address).  I was only out of the country for 3 days, but was told this is what needed to be done by the immigration officer the first time I went to do the TM30.  Supposedly when you leave the country your current TM30 will be deactivated, so there is a need to go back to immigration to reactivate it. 

 

When I am travelling in Thailand, and check in to the hotel, I always mention to them that I live in Thailand, and not to report my stay with immigration. Most of the time they understand. 

 

On a ME non-o the 90 day report supposedly is not necessary. As for the TM28 I had it filled out but it was given back to me.  They said it wasn't necessary. 

 

The owner doesn't have to go either.  You can get them to sign a power of attorney which you can get by clicking on the following link. http://phomes.perfecthomeschia.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/Power-of-Attorney-Form.pdf

Edited by Oohwan
Add link
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

BANGKOK 23 August 2017 03:28
Sponsors
×