madmonk888

Do i have to report myself TM28 , TM30 and report to police if I go on holiday in country ?

23 posts in this topic

As seems to be the case often in Thailand, what is "technically" required and what is enforced/required is never consistent across all areas/ offices.

TIT

1 person likes this

3 minutes ago, curtklay said:

So as always,  the answer is ambiguous and inconclusive. :wacko:

It better to just do it.  It doesn't cost anything, and could avoid you a fine if the immigration officer is in a bad mood that day. 

If you want my honest opinion yes it needs to be done.  Best to make copies of all documents presented, TM30, rental contract, copy of your passport, arrival card, and the tambian bahn of the owner who rents out the property with their ID card.   This way if you do travel outside the country frequently you have all documents ready, and don't have to bother the owners for signatures.

2 hours ago, Oohwan said:

...The owner doesn't have to go either.  You can get them to sign a power of attorney which you can get by clicking on the following link. http://phomes.perfecthomeschia.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/Power-of-Attorney-Form.pdf

Which immigration office gives out this form?

There have been posts by members who had a problem because their immigration office insisted on the owner's signed copies of the house registration book and ID card but the owner refused or was unavailable. Now that we  have this power of attorney form, it seems like a good idea that when a foreigner rents a house or apartment in Thailand he should get from the owner all of the following, just in case his immigration office should require it, regardless of what the mysteriously unavailable "regulations prescribed by the Director General" issued under Section 38 of the Immigration Act may say:

1. rental contract
  2. signed copy of house registration book
  3. signed copy of ID card
  4. power of attorney for sumission of the form TM.30

(List subject to additions as individual immigration offices of officials come up with new requirements)

I just watched a video from Fabulous FM on YouTube that explains the TM30 rules really well for what they say is Chonburi but only mention the Jomtien office. It was really helpful but I still don't get the TM 28 rules , it looks like you have to report if you go anywhere in country for more than 24 hours which I understand is to know where we are but isn't exactly convenient nor logical if people don't have transport and have to try to find an Immigration office or Police station.. Also when we return we don't have to report ourselves if we are on long term visas and doing 90 days. I think ;-) . 

3 hours ago, Maestro said:

Which immigration office gives out this form?

I am not too sure if this form is even given out at any immigration offices.  I found it on the net while researching TM30.

It worked fine for me when I presented it to Phuket immigration. 

Just wanted to add they also asked me for a copy of my passport, visa, and my arrival card. All which needed to be signed by me as well. 

On 21/04/2017 at 4:24 PM, ldiablo72 said:

My wife asked this question at Pathumthani immigration because we were going on a trip to Kho Samet and they told her I only need to report if I were to leave the country.

Yes, but if we leave they get our departure card and when we return they get our arrival card.  My wife and I tried re advising that I was staying in our usual residence during the first 90 day report after a recent trip overseas.  We were told it was unnecessary unless we change address.   Every office interprets the rules to suit themselves which is incredibly confusing.  Our office is extremely busy with thousands of migrant factory workers and seem to think retired people are a low priority risk once they have seen us a few times.  That suits us just fine.  I think. our office would collapse if they tried to do some of these stupid things.  But perhaps some of the less busy offices like making work by trying to enforce the unenforceable to just to show everyone how clever they are.  That's what it looks like to me, anyway!

Would I go to a police station to tell them I had been away from home for more than 24 hours. Simple answer is no.

Why would you. Sure its the law, and like many Thai laws its an ass.

Just forget about it.