Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation
KhonKaenKowboy

Low season kickoff....40 THB Large U BEER

For those who haven't had U Beer, I suggest you try it before committing to 24.  I've had one, I have no intentions of having another.

If I remember correctly U Beer is made by the same fine people who produce Chang. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, heybruce said:

For those who haven't had U Beer, I suggest you try it before committing to 24.  I've had one, I have no intentions of having another.

If I remember correctly U Beer is made by the same fine people who produce Chang. 

No, it's a Singha beer, but agree with the suggestion to try just one first. Peoples tastes vary .

3 minutes ago, heybruce said:

yep. 

its like having sex in a canoe . 

f..king close to water .

• Like 2

It's a great beer for people who don't like the taste of beer ;)

• Like 2

Leo...24 for 1080.  Before 19:00.   U and Chang..960 before 19:00. for 24...6 for 330 all night.  65 each all night..any of the three.

24 for 960, before 19:00, 1080 after.  5 for 330...Nimman Soi 11.

I don't get it. Is this the price at some 7-Eleven or shop? Is there a shop on Soi 11 in Nimmanhaemin called Nimmanhaemin Soi 11? 

I've never heard of or seen U beer. 

No 711 on soi 11...and you can bet it is not Beer Republic....the soi is only 400 m long....have a look.  Anyhow, it is good that a Nimman place, or any other, realizes they need to try harder in the low season.  Leo, Chang, U....all kind of rooms.....but paying triple those prices won't make it any better....and you might just have a good time.

Enjoy the cheap beer until the announced tax rise comes in effect.

Some might loose their appetite.

3 hours ago, ThaidDown said:

No, it's a Singha beer, but agree with the suggestion to try just one first. Peoples tastes vary .

Thanks for the correction.  Singha has succeeded in making a beer worse than Chang.  That must have been a challenge.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Trujillo said:

I don't get it. Is this the price at some 7-Eleven or shop? Is there a shop on Soi 11 in Nimmanhaemin called Nimmanhaemin Soi 11? 

I've never heard of or seen U beer. 

Probably Dayli, a big open-air Thai restaurant/bar on Soi 11 near Thanon Sirimangkalajarn.  It's a popular place, usually few or no foreigners, with good Thai food.  It's rare for anyone to go there just to drink, most people have a meal or snacks with their beer, though they sometimes stay for quite a while after the food is finished and go through a lot of beer.  It usually has a few pretties, but not a lot.

I like it, but it's the kind of place you go to with friends.  They have a partial menu in English, but the full menu is in Thai.  Not a popular destination for solo bar-hopping.

U-beer is new.  I noticed it in Tops, and it's probably in other shops.  I don't like it so I don't look for it.

Edited by heybruce

11 hours ago, sirmud63 said:

yep. 

its like having sex in a canoe . 

f..king close to water .

2 things I`ve never tried. Having sex in a canoe and drinking U beer. Just goes to prove how mundane my life has become.

What does the U stand for urine ?, great to have a new beer thread,

much better than a nail clipping one.

regards worgeordie

• Like 1

Against my better judgement, I had one yesterday.  No, it doesn't taste either like Singha or Chang.  Does taste a lot like the mass-market US beers.