snoop1130

Paradise lost – Hua Hin peace shattered by “Party Houses”

73 posts in this topic

This is one of the things that always worried me about moving there.  If you buy a place, you often have so little control over anything.  What might be a simple but granted somewhat long running feud in the USA would usually be resolved by enough noise complaints and court orders. In Thailand, well, there don't seem to be much courts and normal police action by any Western standard, and it has not gotten better since the military moved in and put the civilian forces under their thumbs.  You might get lucky if the dictatorial military locals slam down on the noisy disruptive folks, but I think it is more likely they will go with the locals

12 minutes ago, abab said:

Too many grumpy old people at Hua hin, I wonder why any party people go there.

The only noise i heard there is of these elderly folks walking around at early mornings with there golf shoes on the congrete road click clack click clack.

1 person likes this

4 minutes ago, gk10002000 said:

This is one of the things that always worried me about moving there.  If you buy a place, you often have so little control over anything.  What might be a simple but granted somewhat long running feud in the USA would usually be resolved by enough noise complaints and court orders. In Thailand, well, there don't seem to be much courts and normal police action by any Western standard, and it has not gotten better since the military moved in and put the civilian forces under their thumbs.  You might get lucky if the dictatorial military locals slam down on the noisy disruptive folks, but I think it is more likely they will go with the locals

Another one who cant stop talk about the usa.Funny thing is that i never meet usa folks in Thailand however its the majority of the posters here very odd!!

Just make a nightwalk with a electric cable cutter and electric insulated gloves and the party stop.

1 person likes this

ID: 26   Posted (edited)

18 minutes ago, gk10002000 said:

oh stop being such a twit.  I am sure most people in any western country could post a similar thing.  Most western countries have civil courts, disturbing the peace laws, etc.  As far as you never meeting USA folks in Thailand, well, that doesn't mean anything.  Maybe you don't get out much or maybe you live in an area with few if any USA folks.  And if you mean USA folks retiring and living in the USA, there are many that post on Thai Visa.  Living in a foreign country has become a bit more challenging for USA folks due to some laws such as the Patriot act, banks "know your customer" interpretations, etc.  Many Pension funds, IRA brokerage firms make it difficult to live abroad, and Thailand happens to not be on one of the favored banking nations, which means many institutions will not direct deposit to Thai banks.  Sorry for the divergence.

Mate stop talking about usa.u could not even locate Thailand on a map under ur nose.Thailand also has civil courts duh!

Edited by Destiny1990

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The partygoers are all Thais he said.

Thank goodness. I was about to point a finger at the Pattaya ferry and loads of Pattaya's less refined or genteel silver-haired Lothario's coming over to Hua Hin with their young slappers for a quiet(er) weekend.

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

He said that there are two houses in the “Sunshine Mountain 1” housing estate that are being rented out as party houses after the owners realized they could make a killing.

One is owned by a Thai couple and the other Australian/Thai.

I guess Airbnb has a lot to answer for.

1 person likes this

House Party in Thailand...

4 hours ago, jflundy said:

A mate of mine solved his problem by renting some massive speakers and when they started up he started up and drowned them out, they soon started to complain and the war was over!!

If he isn't Thai, he could well be in trouble for causing a disturbance!

16 hours ago, ChakaKhan said:

He was expecting a quiet idyllic lifestyle in Thailand but instead it has turned into a daily nightmare of noise and ever increasing problems and frustrations.    JING LOR??????   

The people were all thai.....what a shocker..they wont be quiet--im sure if u ask them-they WILL  :wai:

1st and most important item to pack when i come here...EARPLUGS...used daily  priceless....:saai:

Earplugs don't help when the subwoof gets wound up.Can feel your ribs vibrating.

2 people like this

I would be using Thai tactics to fix this problem.

2 people like this

ID: 34   Posted (edited)

4 hours ago, Mousehound said:

1.  I have lived in Lincoln.  An autumn leaf falling is loud there.

2.  A party in Hua Hin!  Wow. Something to wake the dead - count me in.

On a serious note though, if these are more than twice a year I have sympathy for your problem.  I endured three years of parties with duff duff music two or three times every week.  I eventually got my big Bose speakers outside and had the massed pipe bands playing full blast .  Apparently they could be heard two kilometres away.  Did the trick though and they would turn it down later at night at least.

3 years!!!!I would have ACDC pumping the 2nd night.Then when it's time for bed,lock the door,and go sleep in a hotel.

Edited by louse1953
2 people like this

4 hours ago, khunano said:

Rule No. 1: Don't ever buy a house in Thailand. Rule No. 2: Don't even think about it!

I agree never buy. We rent and everything we own including our 3 dogs and a cat can be loaded into our pick up and we can be off to pastures new in an hour. Have done it twice in 10 years after paying our outstanding utility bills of course.

2 people like this

17 hours ago, docshock13 said:

Stone something...At a mate's in BKK for Super Bowl. His wife's phone rings. It is her mum. She proceeds to have a shouting conversation with her mum about what they ate etc. Mate says, "Honey, do you need to shout into the phone we are watching the game?"

The wife retorted vociferously (as if we were all daft), "My mum lives in Chiang Mai!!!!!!"

'Nuff said. 

Thanks for the laugh...;-)

12 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

Another one who cant stop talk about the usa.Funny thing is that i never meet usa folks in Thailand however its the majority of the posters here very odd!!

Aha! You've spotted that too, have you? The only Americans in Thailand now seem to be noisesome young teacher-types in the Chiang Mai region. The majority of the ones blasting TV.com  are prolly keyboard couch spuds, I reckon, and everyone an expert.

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, robsamui said:

Aha! You've spotted that too, have you? The only Americans in Thailand now seem to be noisesome young teacher-types in the Chiang Mai region. The majority of the ones blasting TV.com  are prolly keyboard couch spuds, I reckon, and everyone an expert.

1 minute ago, robsamui said:

Yes a very annoying bunch..They talk about vehicle speed limits in Thailand while they never even been here once.Whats that all about than?

6 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

Yes a very annoying bunch..They talk about vehicle speed limits in Thailand while they never even been here once.Whats that all about than?

Well, be fair. I'm sure most of them have been over here for a week or two at least once, and thus qualify as authorities on the subject. I had one not so long ago who confidently boasted that he had been living here for 10 months and thus knew the score. Ah, the innocent conviction of the young and partially-informed with god on their side. Bless em. I was prolly not so different 40 years ago . . . . 

1 person likes this