Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation
snoop1130

Paradise lost – Hua Hin peace shattered by “Party Houses”

louse1953    3,160
16 hours ago, ChakaKhan said:

He was expecting a quiet idyllic lifestyle in Thailand but instead it has turned into a daily nightmare of noise and ever increasing problems and frustrations.    JING LOR??????   

The people were all thai.....what a shocker..they wont be quiet--im sure if u ask them-they WILL  :wai:

1st and most important item to pack when i come here...EARPLUGS...used daily  priceless....:saai:

Earplugs don't help when the subwoof gets wound up.Can feel your ribs vibrating.

• Like 2

louse1953    3,160
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Mousehound said:

1.  I have lived in Lincoln.  An autumn leaf falling is loud there.

2.  A party in Hua Hin!  Wow. Something to wake the dead - count me in.

On a serious note though, if these are more than twice a year I have sympathy for your problem.  I endured three years of parties with duff duff music two or three times every week.  I eventually got my big Bose speakers outside and had the massed pipe bands playing full blast .  Apparently they could be heard two kilometres away.  Did the trick though and they would turn it down later at night at least.

3 years!!!!I would have ACDC pumping the 2nd night.Then when it's time for bed,lock the door,and go sleep in a hotel.

Edited by louse1953
  • Like 2

DavetheGreek    41
4 hours ago, khunano said:

Rule No. 1: Don't ever buy a house in Thailand. Rule No. 2: Don't even think about it!

I agree never buy. We rent and everything we own including our 3 dogs and a cat can be loaded into our pick up and we can be off to pastures new in an hour. Have done it twice in 10 years after paying our outstanding utility bills of course.

• Like 2

DuiDui48    101
17 hours ago, docshock13 said:

Stone something...At a mate's in BKK for Super Bowl. His wife's phone rings. It is her mum. She proceeds to have a shouting conversation with her mum about what they ate etc. Mate says, "Honey, do you need to shout into the phone we are watching the game?"

The wife retorted vociferously (as if we were all daft), "My mum lives in Chiang Mai!!!!!!"

'Nuff said. 

Thanks for the laugh...;-)

robsamui    1,483
12 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

Another one who cant stop talk about the usa.Funny thing is that i never meet usa folks in Thailand however its the majority of the posters here very odd!!

Aha! You've spotted that too, have you? The only Americans in Thailand now seem to be noisesome young teacher-types in the Chiang Mai region. The majority of the ones blasting TV.com  are prolly keyboard couch spuds, I reckon, and everyone an expert.

• Like 1

Destiny1990    1,105
1 minute ago, robsamui said:

Aha! You've spotted that too, have you? The only Americans in Thailand now seem to be noisesome young teacher-types in the Chiang Mai region. The majority of the ones blasting TV.com  are prolly keyboard couch spuds, I reckon, and everyone an expert.

1 minute ago, robsamui said:

Yes a very annoying bunch..They talk about vehicle speed limits in Thailand while they never even been here once.Whats that all about than?

robsamui    1,483
6 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

Yes a very annoying bunch..They talk about vehicle speed limits in Thailand while they never even been here once.Whats that all about than?

Well, be fair. I'm sure most of them have been over here for a week or two at least once, and thus qualify as authorities on the subject. I had one not so long ago who confidently boasted that he had been living here for 10 months and thus knew the score. Ah, the innocent conviction of the young and partially-informed with god on their side. Bless em. I was prolly not so different 40 years ago . . . . 

• Like 1

UKJASE    215

i am starting to forget what the topic was here............ :post-4641-1156693976:

• Like 1

Redline    909
57 minutes ago, robsamui said:

I guess you don't spend a lot of time in BKK?

• Like 1

Destiny1990    1,105
1 hour ago, bangkokbanjo said:

54 american and living in thailand here. I have found quite a few of us, but majority seem to be Brits.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Since how many days?

yes not many yanks in thailand just on this website