Thailand Forum
Jonathan Fairfield

Good news for expats in Hua Hin - new high tech immigration office to open at BluPort

ukrules    7,030

I went to the new Bluport immigration office recently, it was empty when I went around 4pm.

I did a change of address, notification of foreigner (me) living at a house (a Thai helped with this showing ID and documentation), a 90 day report and a visa extension all at the same time.

I believe this office is only really for tourist visa extensions, I have the 5 year TE visa which is just a long tourist visa from what I understand.

They're not going to do 'retirement' or extensions on non tourist visas in this office from what I understand.

• Like 1

jcore    9

Has anyone been to this new office at BluPort?  Think I can use this office to extend a 60-day tourist visa once for an extra 30-days? 

On 06/16/2017 at 9:06 AM, jcore said:

Has anyone been to this new office at BluPort?  Think I can use this office to extend a 60-day tourist visa once for an extra 30-days? 

There's a sign that says they do "tourist visa extensions." Which exact types of tourist visa that applies to, I couldn't say for sure but I'd say the chances are good.

bluport-immigration.jpg.jpg.2fad2a830c9b223ed3be9c4f12bf036a.jpg

• Like 1

ukrules    7,030
On 16/06/2017 at 9:06 AM, jcore said:

Yes they do extend normal 60 day tourist visas, I know someone who did this at Bluport last week so I can confirm this 100%.

The fee is 1900 Baht, same as the regular immigration place.

• Like 1

I did my 90 days there last week. I went around 1pm, it was empty. I didn't even need to fill out the paperwork, just handed my passport to the immigration officer who brought my details up on screen, confirmed my address and that was it. The whole thing can't have taken more than 2 minutes. Great service

• Like 1