Thailand Forum
CharlotteQ

Possible blacklisted? Please help.

CharlotteQ    10
35 minutes ago, Rhys said:

Very sorry to read of your situation, be strong.   If you feel you are in a threat situation, why return? Time to move on!

All the best.

Thank you so much Rhys.

What my ex did to me was downright cruel and inhumane. What I posted here is merely tips of the ice berg. He and his family literally destroyed my life. I'm suffering from physical and mental illness which are results of their abuse. I even attempted suicide because I found my situation hopeless. My mom, and the rest of my family doesn't fully understand my problems. I feel that I must take matters into my own hand to make things right. That's the purpose of my return to Thailand.  I'm no longer threatened or fear for my own safety as there's hardly anything left of me.

overherebc    4,285

When you do return move to an area at the opposite end of Thailand. Call yourself Jean or Elizabeth, whatever and never talk to anyone you meet about your past experience. Thais cannot keep your secrets, tell one and you've told the town

• Like 1

Tom9999    17
9 hours ago, tomwct said:

Sorry for your problems. probably time to return to your country and return to normalcy. Thai men are not made for marriage. That's why Thai women won't marry them.

Do not fully agree...

If you only know the typical Thai Motorbike Taxi driver then ...maybe.

However if you have Thai friends who are educated and work in respectable Jobs you will see many "normal" Thai people.

Yes, the culture is different from the one at "home"...but that doesn't meant that all Thai Man are bad husbands.

CharlotteQ    10
5 minutes ago, BritTim said:

If you are blacklisted, the report you receive should indicate the expiry date. You can be banned for any period up to and including life.

I see. If that was indeed the case, is there anyway to get around it? For instance, what if I were to marry a Thai citizen then? I suppose the marriage shouldn't be prohibited. Would I be able to return to Thailand with my new marital status?

Sorry if it sounds ridiculous. It means a lot to me to get back to Thailand.

sanukjim    1,603
17 hours ago, Moonmoon said:

Sorry to hear you went thru all these. Hope your next trip to LOS brings you better luck and fortune. :)

I guess that she learned what most of Thai women have known for years and that is that most LOS men here are axxholxs.Or she could be a masochist.

CharlotteQ    10
3 minutes ago, sanukjim said:

I guess that she learned what most of Thai women have known for years and that is that most LOS men here are axxholxs.Or she could be a masochist.

What does LOS stand for?

I'm not a masochist. But I did make horrible choices by putting my life in the hand of a guy who's not only a chronicle liar but also a coward who never admits his crimes. In that sense, I'm paying for my dumb mistake now every single day.

FritsSikkink    2,941

A couple of questions:

1.       he managed to turn the matter around by showing the police photos of his wounds I inflicted on him
So you did molested him?

2.       my native country's embassy in Thailand seems to be bought by my ex
embassy being bought for what, immigration deports or refuses people entry

3a.       when I presented them the photos of the several abuse my ex inflicted on me, they told me they were just over one year old and won't be sufficient to open a case
b. 
would eventually lead to his frustration and beating me to a pulp.
No injuries at the police station though?

4.       the Chinese consulate contacted my mom (clearly after being instructed by my ex to ensure my departure), even suggested to have my drugged and taken on the plane by force
Consulate or embassy?

5.       the Chinese consulate called my mom again, asking her if I had returned.
Why would they do that?      

ChakaKhan    279
11 hours ago, CharlotteQ said:

Thank you.

Since I didn't know the Thai language well I was pretty much tricked into signing the paper of "confession". And when I presented them the photos of the several abuse my ex inflicted on me, they told me they were just over one year old and won't be sufficient to open a case with. My ex even contacted my native country's embassy in Thailand making sure I had left a country. During that phone call they also informed my mother that I would have trouble re-entering the country. Is it really true? Pretty much the whole time I've been a victim of the abused system.

Could you elaborate a little more on how to check if I'm blacklisted pls?

They tried to get me to sign one of these when a thai hit me on my bike..nope--nada--never..dont

CharlotteQ    10
1 minute ago, FritsSikkink said:

A couple of questions:

1.       he managed to turn the matter around by showing the police photos of his wounds I inflicted on him
So you did molested him?

2.       my native country's embassy in Thailand seems to be bought by my ex
embassy being bought for what, immigration deports or refuses people entry

3a.       when I presented them the photos of the several abuse my ex inflicted on me, they told me they were just over one year old and won't be sufficient to open a case
b. 
would eventually lead to his frustration and beating me to a pulp.
No injuries at the police station though?

4.       the Chinese consulate contacted my mom (clearly after being instructed by my ex to ensure my departure), even suggested to have my drugged and taken on the plane by force
Consulate or embassy?

5.       the Chinese consulate called my mom again, asking her if I had returned.
Why would they do that?      

1.No. I bit him in self-defense.

2.I'm not sure. His family bribed the police. I assume the Chinese consulate in Thailand is now helping them due to their eagerness to get me out the country.

3.That was weeks after the domestic abuse. I was thrown in a hospital for weeks before the police station.

4.I'm sorry I'm not clear on the difference between the two. Chinese embassy in Thailand is what they call it there.

5.Exactly. They really wanna make sure I left the country. But why, other than my ex wants to know.

CaptHaddock    1,858
9 hours ago, dbrenn said:

There are many nice Thai men who are very devoted husbands and fathers. A minority do have problems with controlling their tempers, as do a minority of Thai women - take a look at how some of the bar girls behave to their husbands.

Then again, there are lots of violent people back home too.

Do you have any evidence to believe that domestic violence affects only "a minority" of Thai families or is that just wishful thinking that makes you feel better.  The one Thai research paper that I have read on the subject estimated that 40% of Thai families experience domestic violence.  While that would be a "minority" it is nevertheless a huge number by the standards of Western countries, about 25% higher than in the US, for example.

The Thai estimate accords with my awareness of the problem among Thai families of whom I have some direct knowledge.

Nurseynutcase    112
2 hours ago, moe666 said:

Please enlighten us who do the majority Thai women marry

I would like to think that most Thai women marry men.

electric    335

To the OP .... I applaud you for your extraordinary 100% grasp of the English language.

Sentence formation, grammar, punctuation, American spelling .... all 100% correct. Perhaps many Chinese nationals have this ability. I just found it a bit surprising. Well done.

An interpreter-translation career awaits you. Move on from your unpleasant Thailand experience.

• Like 2

Moonmoon    1,831
2 minutes ago, electric said:

To the OP .... I applaud you for your extraordinary 100% grasp of the English language.

Sentence formation, grammar, punctuation, American spelling .... all 100% correct. Perhaps many Chinese nationals have this ability. I just found it a bit surprising. Well done.

An interpreter-translation career awaits you. Move on from your unpleasant Thailand experience.

I can speak and write Mandarin ( and 3 different dialects of Chinese), English, Thai, some Bahasa Melayu. 

May I get some suggestions for my career options? hehehe :P

• Like 1

CharlotteQ    10
Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Moonmoon said:

So after all that had happened to you, if you dont mind me asking, why are you coming back to Thailand?

It's very kind of you to have asked.

TBH after all that had happened, I've received little understanding from people including my own family. So I'm not expecting anyone to understand what I'm going to say in response to your question. But, the truth is, I've been abused to a point that I could no longer carry on my life as a normal human being. I've developed severe heart problems due to the constant abuse from my ex, as well as depression and anxiety disorder. My ex knew that perfectly well. He even wrote me a signed letter promising that he would help me get recovery with his best effort. However all of that turned out to be a lie.

After the mental hospital, the police station etc...My condition worsened so much that I felt utterly hopeless. Thus my attempted suicide. My family fail to understand the reason for my suicide. They just want to drug me and quickly "get me back to normal". I feel that I must make things right even if no one else would fight alongside with me. That's why I'm going back to Thailand, the origin of my problems, to confront them whichever way I could find. The consequences no longer worry me, as I have already been to hell and back.

Edited by CharlotteQ