CharlotteQ

Possible blacklisted? Please help.

149 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, CharlotteQ said:

Thanks for your reply. The letter is not required per se. But due to the fact I changed the nature of my tourist visa to working visa during my stay in Thailand back in 2015, the staff advised that it would increase my chances if I provide them a letter from my Thai bf.

More ironically I was told being a young female Chinese citizen would always raise suspicions in my situation, as they would easily assume that I'm engaged in some unspeakable profession in a country infamous for it, since I spend so much time in Thailand. But getting wrongly judged is the last thing I worry about right now. I blame myself and my ex (who told me his financial state couldn't afford for us to get married which would grant me a more permanent visa) for leaving behind such a messy record on my passport. I need a native Thai to write me a letter stating the purpose of my visit this time. Does anyone have any ideas on how I could go about doing that now that I'm not even in Thailand pls?

I think expecting a Thai stranger to write a letter on your behalf, when they have no guarantee that the purpose of your visit is what you claim, is highly optimistic. Frankly, I would not. That is without factoring in that saying they know you when they do not is illegal, and that what you have indicated are your intentions when you arrive are likely to end up creating trouble and an examination of your visa application.

Soliciting the assistance of someone to write a fake letter for you seems a questionable tactic to me. IMHO explore other legit options first, such as below ....

Why not book yourself on a cheapo, all inclusive packaged tour from China to Thailand ? The big Chinese based tour companies most probably assist their customers obtaining the appropriate visa, and you'll also have a legit tour itinerary within Thailand to show the authorities.

Choose the longest packaged tour you can find, to give you extra time in Thailand.

Once inside Thailand, whether you stay with the tour group, or knick off and do your own thing for 2 weeks, is up to you.

35 minutes ago, electric said:

Soliciting the assistance of someone to write a fake letter for you seems a questionable tactic to me. IMHO explore other legit options first, such as below ....

Why not book yourself on a cheapo, all inclusive packaged tour from China to Thailand ? The big Chinese based tour companies most probably assist their customers obtaining the appropriate visa, and you'll also have a legit tour itinerary within Thailand to show the authorities.

Choose the longest packaged tour you can find, to give you extra time in Thailand.

Once inside Thailand, whether you stay with the tour group, or knick off and do your own thing for 2 weeks, is up to you.

I've tried with the traveling agency but they refused because I had a record of overstay for 2 months back in 2015 due to my illness.

It's not a fake letter per se. As the purpose of my visit really is tourism, and that I wouldn't work in Thailand which is what they want to be sure of.

ID: 124   Posted (edited)

5 hours ago, BritTim said:

I think expecting a Thai stranger to write a letter on your behalf, when they have no guarantee that the purpose of your visit is what you claim, is highly optimistic. Frankly, I would not. That is without factoring in that saying they know you when they do not is illegal, and that what you have indicated are your intentions when you arrive are likely to end up creating trouble and an examination of your visa application.

I understand. It doesn't necessarily have to come from my bf but it would help. I'm not going to get myself in trouble. Just want a peaceful resolution that I deserve. I've been doing all my preparations for the trip and struggling with my illness on my own. It seems there's an obstacle with each step I take. It's disheartening knowing that my family don't care enough to help.

Edited by CharlotteQ

43 minutes ago, CharlotteQ said:

I understand. It doesn't necessarily have to come from my bf but it would help. I'm not going to get myself in trouble. Just want a peaceful resolution that I deserve. I've been doing all my preparations for the trip and struggling with my illness on my own. It seems there's an obstacle with each step I take. It's disheartening knowing that my family don't care enough to help.

Has it occurred to you that the family may see your plans more rationally than you do?

1 person likes this

go to the embassy in your home country ... apply for the Tourist Visa ....

get it .....  travel here and forget the rest .....

3 minutes ago, steven100 said:

She is already in her home country. Go back and read the topic.

1 person likes this

25 minutes ago, Evilbaz said:

Has it occurred to you that the family may see your plans more rationally than you do?

Sadly that is not the case. My mom lied to me that she could help me figure out a way to solve my problems once I came home. Now she's happily living in the UK away from her responsibilities. If my mom was a decent enough parent, she would have talked things out with my ex's family during her stay there. Instead she spent almost everyday there in spas and church.

23 minutes ago, steven100 said:

Like ubonjoe said.

Another thing was suggested to me by the consulate at the embassy yesterday, visa on arrival. But it's too risky for someone with my messy record. I regret deeply for trusting my ex completely with my visa each time we had to renew it. What he did, buying working and student visa here and there really hurts my chances of traveling abroad anywhere without being cross-examined.

Several inflammatory posts disrupting the discussion have been removed.

1 person likes this

I've tried with the traveling agency but they refused because I had a record of overstay for 2 months back in 2015 due to my illness.

It's not a fake letter per se. As the purpose of my visit really is tourism, and that I wouldn't work in Thailand which is what they want to be sure of.

How does a travel agency have any record of your previous overstay? Or have I missed something?

Exactly. Have you told them that you are no longer with this boyfriend thus unable to provide the letter they request? Honesty is sometimes easier than obfuscation.

1 minute ago, NanLaew said:

How does a travel agency have any record of your previous overstay? Or have I missed something?

Looking at her passport I would guess. The overstay stamp would be hard to miss.

ID: 133   Posted (edited)

23 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Looking at her passport I would guess. The overstay stamp would be hard to miss.

In retrospect, I re-read the thread and can assume that this is what they did. The Thai Consulate never mentioned it... but maybe they haven't even looked at the passport since support documentation needed before submitting the application seems to be a stumbling block. I guess visa agencies in China do due dilligence!

Edited by NanLaew

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

sorry ubonjoe...my mistake.

8 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Exactly. Have you told them that you are no longer with this boyfriend thus unable to provide the letter they request? Honesty is sometimes easier than obfuscation.

Then there would be nothing to prove that I won't be working in Thailand this time. And I would be most likely rejected.

21 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

And again

9 minutes ago, Evilbaz said:

Go to Malaysia.

Get your Thai visa there (Penang better than KL).

She is Chinese. She cannot get a visa in Penang since Chinese can only get a visa in China unless they are a legal resident of the country where they are applying.

See: http://www.thaiembassy.org/kualalumpur/contents/files/services-20170329-110629-261260.pdf

You need to find a safe location once you arrive Thailand.  When you confront him bring a friend with you if possible and try to finish the conversation with him in a nice way , then you can try to relax and take a deep breath and hopefully move on in life.  But your life is more important than your ex, please remember that . 

1 person likes this