CharlotteQ

Possible blacklisted? Please help.

149 posts in this topic

21 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

She is Chinese. She cannot get a visa in Penang since Chinese can only get a visa in China unless they are a legal resident of the country where they are applying.

See: http://www.thaiembassy.org/kualalumpur/contents/files/services-20170329-110629-261260.pdf

Well enter Visa exempt/VOA from there?

(with a clean passport).

35 minutes ago, Evilbaz said:

Well enter Visa exempt/VOA from there?

(with a clean passport).

She would only get a 15 day visa on arrival for a fee of 1000 baht (2000 baht after August).

Not sure why she would want to fly from China where she is at at this time to Malaysia to do a visa on arrival.

1 person likes this

8 hours ago, balo said:

You need to find a safe location once you arrive Thailand.  When you confront him bring a friend with you if possible and try to finish the conversation with him in a nice way , then you can try to relax and take a deep breath and hopefully move on in life.  But your life is more important than your ex, please remember that . 

Thank you. I'll be very careful and as courteous as possible.

7 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

She would only get a 15 day visa on arrival for a fee of 1000 baht (2000 baht after August).

Not sure why she would want to fly from China where she is at at this time to Malaysia to do a visa on arrival.

Thank you ubonjoe for the clarification.

I wouldn't mind doing VOA or visa exempt if you think they are possible. At this moment I simply must get to Thailand, 15 days should be enough for what I have to do. So the same question I have asked earlier...

1. Am I qualified for visa exempt with a Chinese visa?

2.And if you think by getting a new passport I should be able to get a VOA, would I get into trouble getting into Thailand, i.e. getting through immigration?

28 minutes ago, CharlotteQ said:

Thank you ubonjoe for the clarification.

I wouldn't mind doing VOA or visa exempt if you think they are possible. At this moment I simply must get to Thailand, 15 days should be enough for what I have to do. So the same question I have asked earlier...

1. Am I qualified for visa exempt with a Chinese visa?

2.And if you think by getting a new passport I should be able to get a VOA, would I get into trouble getting into Thailand, i.e. getting through immigration?

1. No, You cannot get a visa exempt entry for Thailand with a Chinese passport. You usually can  get a visa-on-arrival (which is something different) allowing a 15-day stay. However, you can be refused a visa-on-arrival. If you think the Thai consulate is going to refuse you, that is certainly a risk also at the visa-on-arrival desk at the airport. Further, I do not know how closely the airlines examine passports when checking in. Certainly, you will need a return flight booked, but they may (like the travel agent) not like your prior immigration history.
  2. I do not know whether a new passport would help, either applying for a visa at the consulate (which I would prefer as it virtually guarantees entry when you arrive) or a visa-on-arrival. I guess my instinct would be to get a new passport and try to get a visa through a travel agent, but I make no guarantee that would work.
1 person likes this

On 22/05/2017 at 0:15 AM, BritTim said:
  1. No, You cannot get a visa exempt entry for Thailand with a Chinese passport. You usually can  get a visa-on-arrival (which is something different) allowing a 15-day stay. However, you can be refused a visa-on-arrival. If you think the Thai consulate is going to refuse you, that is certainly a risk also at the visa-on-arrival desk at the airport. Further, I do not know how closely the airlines examine passports when checking in. Certainly, you will need a return flight booked, but they may (like the travel agent) not like your prior immigration history.
  2. I do not know whether a new passport would help, either applying for a visa at the consulate (which I would prefer as it virtually guarantees entry when you arrive) or a visa-on-arrival. I guess my instinct would be to get a new passport and try to get a visa through a travel agent, but I make no guarantee that would work.

Thank you BritTim. I guess the safest way is to get a visa at the consulate. They do mention that if your passport is new, you'd have to provide a copy of your old passport. So I guess I'll try and find someone who can provide me with the letter.

Hi,

I'm still having trouble getting the letter. Could anyone kindly tell me, would it improve me chance with the embassy or later with the immigration in case my only option left is VOA, if I get a new passport?

I've been told that instead of asking for a replacement, just a new passport. Is that how it works?

I don't think a new passport would help with the Thai embassy as it is required to present your old passport if your new one is like a month old.

So, it comes down to what if I just buy the ticket and try my luck with VOA? Would they check my record there? And with my previous encounter with the Thai police, would it put them on alert to check things more thoroughly?

Thanks again everyone :}

3 hours ago, CharlotteQ said:

Hi,

I'm still having trouble getting the letter. Could anyone kindly tell me, would it improve me chance with the embassy or later with the immigration in case my only option left is VOA, if I get a new passport?

I've been told that instead of asking for a replacement, just a new passport. Is that how it works?

I don't think a new passport would help with the Thai embassy as it is required to present your old passport if your new one is like a month old.

So, it comes down to what if I just buy the ticket and try my luck with VOA? Would they check my record there? And with my previous encounter with the Thai police, would it put them on alert to check things more thoroughly?

Thanks again everyone :}

Are you sure, that one of your problems isn't also anxiety? Because you are overthinking a lot. From simple visa application you were able to make 8 pages long thread... .

Just tell them there's no boyfriend anymore, you can't get letter, get visa, go to Thailand. You will see, maybe it will go good, mayb bad. Just finally do it!

23 minutes ago, howard ashoul said:

Are you sure, that one of your problems isn't also anxiety? Because you are overthinking a lot. From simple visa application you were able to make 8 pages long thread... .

Just tell them there's no boyfriend anymore, you can't get letter, get visa, go to Thailand. You will see, maybe it will go good, mayb bad. Just finally do it!

Not sure if you've read my "8 pages long" thread. But here lies the problems I'm facing in short:

1.I've spent the most of the last 4 years in Thailand switching from tourist, student and work visas depending on what my ex could get me.

2.I overstayed for 2 months due to illness in 2015. Overstay seems to be a problem not easily overlooked from what I've read.

3.I'm not sure if the false record at the Thai police would give me any trouble getting in Thailand.

4.For reasons above, I want to be careful applying for my visa this time. As a rejection might equal to more problems adding to my record as I was told.

But thanks for your suggestion. The letter isn't mandatory but in my case, in order to convince them, I was told that it would help.