Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation
webfact

When foreigners think of Thailand they think of sex, say Thais

The poll says Thais think foreigners are going to Lumpini park and  WONG WIEN YAI  for sex ? 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Minnehaha said:

The poll says Thais think foreigners are going to Lumpini park and  WONG WIEN YAI  for sex ? 

I just realized ... maybe the Thais know something I don't ! 

Tonight I will cruise around Lumpini park to see if there is a party! 

• Like 1

I really have no argument for their conclusions. Wasn't the poll framed of as "what foreigners THINK of" when they think of Thailand? If that is true and they were better informed they would also include

unexplained deaths

many suicides

being conned / cheated in some way

easily obtained harmful substances such as at the Full Moon Parties

etc etc etc

• Like 1

I think you are a bit behind the reality, Thailand has become a family tourist place in the last 20 years! Maybe you should visit more places than the ladybars. :shock1:

I think it's you who is behind the times.
Thailand is a sex destination just admit the truth there is no point living in denial.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  • Like 1

this is true. just last night on social media on a learn to speak English forum a Thai female university student asked me to help her with her English final exam. She sent me all the questions and then asked me if there was some way she could repay me if I helped her.

wink wink nudge nudge say no more. but i did not do it.

[/url]  

You should have banged it!

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, survivalblue said:

Obviously the polls are made by people intending to influence other people and create discontent and anger in society.  Which in response is directed towards the tourists.

I am here to see the polls in action! Hub of polls!

• Like 1

It is a very safe country protected by very dedicated police officers.

• Like 1

The oldest professional in the world, not made here. International currency exchange in this politically correct world, the only tradeable commodity with equal value worldwide. Butt-coins.

53% said they were aware of prostitution in Thailand.
What about the other 47?. blind  and deaf maybe.
Anyone who is unaware of prostitution here, is lacking something or are in denial.

Most Thais are well aware of what goes on. Regards to saving face for themselves and country, Thais might act aloof when asked for this very reason.

A whopping 58% of Thais asked in the Bansomdej poll said that foreigners see Thailand as a leading sex destination of the world. Some 29% said they didn't know and about 13% were not sure.

What utter bullshit from supposition and badly reported poll.

How can Thais possibly know what foreigners think about Thailand? Unless you are 100% fluent in another language you have no idea what that other culture is thinking. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, HooHaa said:

I think you had better re-read the op. You are managing to jump to conclusions regarding the attitudes of thos polled that simply arent there. 

In fact places mentioned like lumpini park, massage parlours and the mae hong son scandal all point to the domestic trade.

Right, the domestic trade.

Seen the 5% share of the sex trade in Thailand for the tourists and 95% for the Thai, it is a domestic "problem".

But it seems to run parallel with the idea to blame tourists and expats for all wrongs in Thai society.

Thereby forgetting the amount of money from abroad brought in by tourists and expats.

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Daily News said that statutes forbidding the trade exist but that it is in reality allowed to flourish.

The same can be said for crime in general.