Jump to content
Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation
webfact

When foreigners think of Thailand they think of sex, say Thais

Recommended Posts

39 minutes ago, Hutch68 said:
  2 hours ago, NCC1701A said:
this is true. just last night on social media on a learn to speak English forum a Thai female university student asked me to help her with her English final exam. She sent me all the questions and then asked me if there was some way she could repay me if I helped her.
 
wink wink nudge nudge say no more. but i did not do it.

Stout lad proud of you. We live in an age of shortcuts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was the poll conducted scientifically?  That means everyone in the country must, as far as possible, have an equal chance of being contacted.  Otherwise it's just an anecdotal, informal survey.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The  BIGGEST user of the Thai sex trade is................da daaaaaaaaaa .......THE  THAIS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, janclaes47 said:

 

Now ask those same Thais whom they think made it like this.

 

Any guess how many will blame the foreigners?

Sex here without foreigners would be like a day without a Mexican in America. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, ezzra said:

And when Thais think of foreigners all the see is a cash cows, ' rich '

people ripe for the picking, and fair game for cheating and over charging....

In fairness, you have the old-looking 50+ year old (with money) picking up the beautiful and fit 30- year old (with no money). Co-dependency anyone?

 

Last time I checked many of us did not pick a woman who had the same kind of health, wealth, interests that we did, and who had a similar age than we had. 

 

In fairness, many of us also come for the nice weather, the beaches, the cheaper prices (as well), but often not just. In fairness, some of the damsels have children form past marriages with Thai men.

 

As far as the story goes, ...

 

"The documented history of prostitution in Thailand goes back at least six centuries, with overt and explicit references by the Chinese voyager Ma Huan (1433) and subsequently by European visitors (Van Neck, 1604; Gisbert Heeck, 1655 and others). It is certainly not a new phenomenon, though it may have been exacerbated by the Japanese occupation during World War II and by the extensive use of Thailand as a "Rest and Recreation" facility by US forces during the Second Indochina War (c. 1963 - 1973)[20][21]

Thailand has an ancient, continuous tradition of legal texts, generally described under the heading of Dhammasattha literature (Thai pron., tam-ma-sat), wherein prostitution is variously defined and universally banned. The era of traditional legal texts came to an end in the early 20th century, but these earlier texts were significant in regard to both the writ and spirit of modern legislation.[22]

In the twentieth century a variety of laws relating to the sex industry were passed, including the Contagious Diseases Prevention Act of 1908 and the Entertainment Places Act of 1966.[18] Prostitution itself was made illegal in Thailand[2] in 1960, when a law was passed under pressure from the United Nations.[23] The government instituted a system of monitoring sex workers in order to prevent their mistreatment and to control the spread of sexually transmitted diseases.[1] The 1960 law was repealed by the Prevention and Suppression of Prostitution Act, B.E. 2539 (1996).
"

 

 

Edited by EnlightenedAtheist
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dustdevil said:

Was the poll conducted scientifically?  That means everyone in the country must, as far as possible, have an equal chance of being contacted.  Otherwise it's just an anecdotal, informal survey.

There was a knock on my door while I was dallying. Could have been the pollsters I guess. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

this is true. just last night on social media on a learn to speak English forum a Thai female university student asked me to help her with her English final exam. She sent me all the questions and then asked me if there was some way she could repay me if I helped her.

 

wink wink nudge nudge say no more. but i did not do it.

 

 

 

 

I'd of rattled it to within a inch of its life..

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, EnlightenedAtheist said:

In fairness, you have the old-looking 50+ year old (with money) picking up the beautiful and fit 30- year old (with no money). Co-dependency anyone?

 

Last time I checked many of us did not pick a woman who had the same kind of health, wealth, interests that we did, and who had a similar age than we had. 

 

In fairness, many of us also come for the nice weather, the beaches, the cheaper prices (as well), but often not just. In fairness, some of the damsels have children form past marriages with Thai men.

 

As far as the story goes, ...

 

"The documented history of prostitution in Thailand goes back at least six centuries, with overt and explicit references by the Chinese voyager Ma Huan (1433) and subsequently by European visitors (Van Neck, 1604; Gisbert Heeck, 1655 and others). It is certainly not a new phenomenon, though it may have been exacerbated by the Japanese occupation during World War II and by the extensive use of Thailand as a "Rest and Recreation" facility by US forces during the Second Indochina War (c. 1963 - 1973)[20][21]

Thailand has an ancient, continuous tradition of legal texts, generally described under the heading of Dhammasattha literature (Thai pron., tam-ma-sat), wherein prostitution is variously defined and universally banned. The era of traditional legal texts came to an end in the early 20th century, but these earlier texts were significant in regard to both the writ and spirit of modern legislation.[22]

In the twentieth century a variety of laws relating to the sex industry were passed, including the Contagious Diseases Prevention Act of 1908 and the Entertainment Places Act of 1966.[18] Prostitution itself was made illegal in Thailand[2] in 1960, when a law was passed under pressure from the United Nations.[23] The government instituted a system of monitoring sex workers in order to prevent their mistreatment and to control the spread of sexually transmitted diseases.[1] The 1960 law was repealed by the Prevention and Suppression of Prostitution Act, B.E. 2539 (1996).
"

 

 

Enlightened we are for sure. Great read. Sex has definitely thrived over the centuries defying the law. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

this is true. just last night on social media on a learn to speak English forum a Thai female university student asked me to help her with her English final exam. She sent me all the questions and then asked me if there was some way she could repay me if I helped her.

 

wink wink nudge nudge say no more. but i did not do it.

 

 

 

 

Im available--certified as well.....sure we can work out a payment plan....:wai:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dont blame the tourist n foreigners on the sex trade. Though we make up a small percentage, The main bulk of customers are still the locals. 

 

The sideline n kapoo massage forums websites n facebooks r all in Thai languages.

 

The mae hong son case were underage girls serving the local customers and those under government payroll.

 

The red light zones in the provinces r all mainly frequent by thais.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think of many things when I think of Thailand, the sex trade being the least interesting of all ... a great place to relax and explore, good natured people on the whole, income inequality, enjoying life without taking it too seriously ... so I don't agree with the survey.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Thai think that foreigners think sex if they think about Thailand.

Oh well..

Just illustrates Thai don't have an inkling what foreigners think.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have heard many times, Thais saying Thailand is the worlds "dream" holiday destination for the  whole world.

at least thats what they are told to believe in schools.

 

IMO, it always had more to do with Thailand being better value for your holiday $.

-airlines offer affordable flights from many countries.

-availability of budget accomodation, alcohol cheaper than homeland..on and on

 

Of course there is a % of fullon mongers but if you take into account numbers of families visiting, chinese, female travellers and people that obviously dont come for sex the sex tourists  must be a small percent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

BANGKOK 21 October 2017 01:00
Sponsors
×