webfact

Power of money settles "Joke" argument at a Samui restaurant

131 posts in this topic

ID: 1   Posted

Power of money settles "Joke" argument

1pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

KOH SAMUI: -- A rejected Thai man agreed to pay 10,000 baht compensation to settle an argument caught on video at a Samui restaurant.

The confrontation of the condiments took place at a Bor Phut "joke" (rice gruel with egg) restaurant on Saturday evening. Footage from CCTV was soon all over social media, reported Daily News.

The man in the video had apparently gone up to the women to ask for phone numbers and been rejected.

When the girls refused the request the man is alleged to have said: "Do you know who I am? I am the son of sergeant......".

The surname was someone well known on the holiday island.

Then fists started flying and kicks were aimed as the tabletop condiments at the restaurant were used as projectiles.

Yesterday, the man was found by police after a complaint was made by the girls. He was found not to be a policeman's son but just a department store employee.

He paid a fine and 10,000 baht compensation to the girls one of whom had a foreign boyfriend who didn't want to pursue the matter.

Police said the matter was thus settled.

As he went home the attacker grumbled to reporters that he had never said he was a cop's son - that was a social media lie.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-05-08

ID: 3   Posted

I'm surprised the girls weren't impressed, and refused to give their numbers to him.

I thought they liked the 'macho' types ! :cheesy::cheesy:

1 person likes this

ID: 4   Posted

I would give him the number... to the cop :-)

2 people like this

ID: 8   Posted

...small P syndrome... somchai will be visiting him soon...I'm sure the gals have pals that can help out...

2 people like this

ID: 14   Posted

3 hours ago, Rhys said:

...small P syndrome... somchai will be visiting him soon...I'm sure the gals have pals that can help out...

And she has 10k to pay um. It all works out.

ID: 18   Posted

4 minutes ago, PremiumLane said:

Not upset, just thought it was a moronic thing to say.., and the guy punched her in the face, to me that is a serious assault. 

to me someone who has been seriously assaulted requires medical assistance, not 300US$.

1 person likes this

ID: 20   Posted

The girl looks like she gets hit twice in the face guy should be in jail saying that. TIT

2 people like this