Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation
webfact

Five tourists injured as "stairway collapses" in Ang Thong - Koh Samui National Park

37 minutes ago, khunPer said:

What do your Travel Insurance company say about accidents and compensation..?

Why should they say anything about that? They didn't even have to pay the treatment in Thailand. It should be possible to get compensation from the national park as they are the one responsible for the accident!?

Or am I thinking wrong?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dennis1985 said:

Why should they say anything about that? They didn't even have to pay the treatment in Thailand. It should be possible to get compensation from the national park as they are the one responsible for the accident!?

Or am I thinking wrong?

I'm in no way expert in insurances, but I would think you have a personal accident cover and some level of compensation in your Travel Insurance, which then may be reimbursed from other sources, like the National Park; in that way it's no longer your problem to deal with Thai authorities. 

To my knowledge, any kind of accidents during travel is normally an insurance matter, including repatriation, and is covered without limitation; and if you suffer an accident, it will also include right to compensation for permanent injury.

The 42 islands that are Ang Thong (National) Marine Park is probably owner by Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment, and/or The Marine Department (which owns the beaches). What have the Thai Tourist Authorities (TAT) said about compensation..?