webfact

Welcome to paradise! Filthy Samui beach is a disgrace say angry residents

36 posts in this topic

ID: 16   Posted

Don't worry some good farangs will clean it up.......:stoner:

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ID: 19   Posted

9 hours ago, steven100 said:

well clean it up instead of complaining ....  

They would rather wait for a foreigner to clean it up.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ID: 20   Posted

What do you expect on Koh Rupt Trash ???

Same, same as Pattaya and Puke-it.

Where trash is meeting trash, making trash and living with and in trash !!!

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ID: 21   Posted

1 hour ago, Deez said:

They would rather wait for a foreigner to clean it up.

Too busy complaining about falang and playing facebook...thainess 101

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ID: 23   Posted

I thought "unhelpful" posts were to be banned. How is this helpful in getting more tourists to Samui, they should be concentrating on accentuating the positives. Such as...or.... OK I give in !!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ID: 24   Posted

2 hours ago, FredNL said:

What do you expect on Koh Rupt Trash ???

Same, same as Pattaya and Puke-it.

Where trash is meeting trash, making trash and living with and in trash !!!

Posting from Bkk about a tiny stretch of water on an otherwise pristine beach? 

 

You forgot to shut the door...

 

 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ID: 25   Posted

5 minutes ago, evadgib said:

Posting from Bkk about a tiny stretch of water on an otherwise pristine beach? 

 

You forgot to shut the door...

 

One could make the same characterization about that little stretch of beach at Fukushima.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ID: 26   Posted

5 hours ago, Samui Bodoh said:

That is an ugly picture and should be cleaned up, but it is also VERY deceptive. It is a 20 meter stretch of a 3 kilometer (?) beach that is stunning. 

I swim on a daily basis a few hundred meters east of there, and the beach is clean, the sand wonderful, and the water is clean and lovely. It is one of the main reasons that I live here. A sense of perspective is badly needed to this story.

Off to the beach!

Cheers

So you swim a few hundred meters from where that septic tank overfill flows into the ocean? 

Nice, swimming in  sh1t, maybe it's good for the skin... 😂 😂 😂 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ID: 27   Posted (edited)

7 minutes ago, impulse said:

 

One could make the same characterization about that little stretch of beach at Fukushima.

One would need to be living in Hiroshima or Chenobyl to beat a bkk based hypocrite with all those klongs.

 

 

Edited by evadgib

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ID: 28   Posted

2 minutes ago, evadgib said:

I'd have to be living in Hiroshima or Chenobyl to match matey in bkk with all those klongs.

 

True, but I don't know many tourists who save up all year and fly 15 hours each way to swim in the klongs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ID: 29   Posted (edited)

Oh my!  Hope no Brits posting here complaining about the litter and other rubbish.

Seen on Sky news several times in the last few months how much effort is being put in to cleaning rubbish in  coastal areas of UK,  and only 60 % of counties recycle there recyclables .. what happens in the other 40 %?

Not to mention many councils have to have litter control officers to catch people dumping or throwing rubbish ...what is it a 100 pound fine?

 

And all coastal communities have sewage that does not flow into the sea?  I don't think so.

Fortunately the positives way out weigh the negatives in living here.

 

Just to add, this is a world wide problem, even so called pristine Hawaii ... I've seen litter and even old televisions dumped near beaches and else where.

Edited by Mr Beaver
2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ID: 30   Posted

I'm sure if the beach chair vendors were offered a free months 'bribe' 'rent' then it would be cleaned up in a matter of hours.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

BANGKOK 22 July 2017 16:13
Sponsors