aussienam

Psychological torture of condo living Jomtien

379 posts in this topic

Note: 90% of Thai landlords will keep all or 80% of your one month deposit when you leave- does not matter that you left the rented condo more clean or in better shape than before you moved in. So do not pay for last month's stay. Sorry. but this rip- off scheme has happened to me three out of four land lords. I am use to Western tenants that would be happy if you left the apartment like new... but this is Thailand.


Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

No legal protection. Handing over deposit for a piece of meaningless paper in return


Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

An off topic post has been removed, topic has nothing to do with Donald Trump

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

So name me 3 condominium buildings that have been flattened and rebuild?You do not maak much sense yes there are scams but this is not one of them.

him make sense maak maak

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, toenail said:

Note: 90% of Thai landlords will keep all or 80% of your one month deposit when you leave- does not matter that you left the rented condo more clean or in better shape than before you moved in. So do not pay for last month's stay. Sorry. but this rip- off scheme has happened to me three out of four land lords. I am use to Western tenants that would be happy if you left the apartment like new... but this is Thailand.


Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

you need to start using a property agent if deposits are not being returned. just negotiate down from the asking price to help cover the overhead.

i have noticed a reluctance to hand over cash at the end, but landlord always seems willing to apply the deposit to last months rent and utilities somehow.
something about forking over cash at the end i think it's a face thing, not sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here One Italian kept all my deposits and asking me for more money because i apparently had trashed his place,than one thai gave it back partially but only after 2 months of Waiting and asking.Another Thai i never asked back my deposit i just left the property and lost 25k minus the water and electricity for that month.i have several friends who got problems getting back deposits from thai and farang landlords.And never u get back a full deposit not going to happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, JimCrane said:

you need to start using a property agent if deposits are not being returned. just negotiate down from the asking price to help cover the overhead.

i have noticed a reluctance to hand over cash at the end, but landlord always seems willing to apply the deposit to last months rent and utilities somehow.
something about forking over cash at the end i think it's a face thing, not sure.

More a stingy thing nothing to do about face..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

It is actually high.  I live at The Base, but rent from a private owner.

That price you see on the street advertised is from the builder, Sansiri.

If you go online and search rentals here, you can get a one bedroom for less from a private owner. Maybe less more with low season.

I love the place new construction only just over a year, great modern wiring wifi and TV are great, security is good, I have a higher unit with an ocean view. I just signed for another year.  Some people bad mouth it saying it is too expensive.  Whatever, I have lived all over the world this place is pretty darn nice for the price in my opinion. 

 

PS: the one bedroom is not large mine is 30 sq mtrs.  But, it is more then enough for me living alone.  Nice living area I have a 50" TV no problem.  Everything is separated pretty efficiently.

Rents can vary with condo size, view, high or low floor, outside noise, location on the floor, room decoration, length of rental contract, etc.  The Base 1 bedrooms are 30sqm and 35sqm.  There's a noticeable difference between the 30s and 35s.  The 35s have slightly bigger living rooms and the separate kitchen/dining area is about a foot or so longer--you can open the refrigerator door without hitting one of the dining chairs. The balcony is the biggest difference; it's much longer and you can fit both a washing machine and a dining bistro set for 2 with room left over.  With the 30s it's a fairly tight squeeze to fit a lounge chair if you add a washer to the balcony.   Some renters might opt for a slightly higher rent to get a bigger balcony, better view, etc..  I agree that The Base has a well-thought out room plan with good use of space--even the 30sqm has a separate, completely private bedroom. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

It is actually high.  I live at The Base, but rent from a private owner.

That price you see on the street advertised is from the builder, Sansiri.

If you go online and search rentals here, you can get a one bedroom for less from a private owner. Maybe less more with low season.

I love the place new construction only just over a year, great modern wiring wifi and TV are great, security is good, I have a higher unit with an ocean view. I just signed for another year.  Some people bad mouth it saying it is too expensive.  Whatever, I have lived all over the world this place is pretty darn nice for the price in my opinion. 

 

PS: the one bedroom is not large mine is 30 sq mtrs.  But, it is more then enough for me living alone.  Nice living area I have a 50" TV no problem.  Everything is separated pretty efficiently.

I'm in the market for a place. Do you mind saying what your rent is please?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've known renters who got their deposit back and also renters who didnt. Seems to be down to the individual agent or owner. Some just seem to try it on systematically.

I'm sure that for every tenant who sticks around to report problems there will be 10 who get on the plane to home and never follow them up. Like the people who get gouged by "meter" taxis: how many actually complain?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Another big lie.  90%?  It seems so many TV are victims of scams.  Why is that?  I have always gotten back my full "2 months" deposit.  I have not heard from 90% of the people that their money was kept.

These sites are so full of haters it amazes me.  Maybe the place looked like S... and they kept your money.

If not, stop the lies......you hate these poeple so much??

You are not exactly peace and acceptance personified.:smile:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/21/2017 at 8:16 AM, JSixpack said:

 

Our renter-trolls, most of whom can't afford a condo anyway, are really workin' overtime in this thread, piling on the nonsense.

No such creature as an owner-troll. But still a lot of nonsense on this thread from "owners".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bazza73 said:

No such creature as an owner-troll. But still a lot of nonsense on this thread from "owners".

 

Where?

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For every <deleted> landlord there is an <deleted> tenant. Personally i have always got my deposits back, no problems in a timely manner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JSixpack said:

 

Where?

Look in a mirror.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bazza73 said:

Look in a mirror.

 

Oh--we're just trolling again. Your topic is "nonsense from owners." So give us the posts and why the posts contain nonsense rather than attempt to attack the poster, which will merely move you along towards a holiday.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Continual off topic posts, slurs, flames and bickering, enough!!

//CLOSED//

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

BANGKOK 27 May 2017 02:00
Sponsors