webfact

Brit backpacker accidentally hanged herself in Phuket hotel room after row with boyfriend

101 posts in this topic

ID: 76   Posted

Forgot to put quotes around "accident". ūüėČ

ID: 77   Posted

9 hours ago, irwinfc said:

i may be lacking some imagination here, but exactly how can someone accidentally "hang" one's self?

Michael Hutchence, David Carradine...

2 people like this

ID: 78   Posted

As a 28 years old I'm wondering, what is more sad... . An accidental suicide or end up as 30 years old backpacker? :ph34r:

ID: 79   Posted

4 hours ago, hottrader77 said:

yes thats one of the difficulties out here being faithful there is so much sex about that its difficult if your with a partner to stop wandering , but if you do you have to get a partner that is ok about that , or you can end up as silly as it seems being on your own  

i understand where your coming from, i lived with 2 ladies over a nine year period and when i became single 7 years ago some one said give yourself a year on your own and see how you feel about living alone. well i did and i still live alone but never sleep alone i cant see me living with another women for at least another 10 years or so. its great being single but having many girlfriends.

ID: 80   Posted

7 hours ago, Steiner said:

How can one separate hookers from the rest? Seems most of the office workers who go out also do a bit of 'freelance'  work. 

Seems normal here for a large percentage of girls with a job to expect to be paid for the privilege. 

its not difficult if your on the single scene like i am. i got and had many decent girl that dont do free lancing. you soon suss out the good ones from the bad. 

ID: 81   Posted

9 hours ago, Knobby37 said:

Does anyone do a proper investigation here or is it too much work?

It's not about the amount of work, it's about the amount of profit.  And the answer is "no."  

ID: 82   Posted

Well, it took four months to hit the media ............. 

ID: 83   Posted

I never underatand the guys that bring sand to the beach.  

ID: 84   Posted

2 minutes ago, csabo said:

I never underatand the guys that bring sand to the beach.  

Many males do not like prostitutes

2 people like this

ID: 85   Posted

10 hours ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

why would any western man bring a girlfriend to thailand. must be a frustrating place to be if you cant take full advantage of thailands attractions.

Like STD's and getting your money nicked ? As an old saying goes,you can get your appetite in town but you should eat at home

1 person likes this

ID: 86   Posted

Thaigeezer CSI on the case again- wicked!

1 person likes this

ID: 87   Posted (edited)

13 hours ago, chuang said:

Can one really hang oneself to death by a bedsheet......

First of all the "accidental" was a headline and not a comment by the police. It was the young woman's mother who claimed that her  daughter did not intend to kill herself thus an accident.

Furthermore,death by hanging can result from a broken neck, lack of oxygen(suffocation) or lack of blood to the brain (strangulation).

By placing some sort of noose around the neck, such as a cord, scarf, bed sheet, etc,  and fastening one end to something, like a door knob, and then slumping down will cause restriction of the carotid and cut off blood supply  to the brain resulting in unconsciousness and death. There are videos of this method on the internet whereby the person videotaped their demise. Not pretty.

Also accidental death by  strangulation/asphyxiation known as autoerotique asphyxiation, is not uncommon among boys and men experiencing a sexual thrill. 

So why make a simple case of suicide, accidental or intentional, in such a big mystery?  That comment was not directed at chuang but anyone posting claims of foul play.

Edited by kokopelli
1 person likes this

ID: 88   Posted

6 hours ago, soalbundy said:

Like STD's and getting your money nicked ? As an old saying goes,you can get your appetite in town but you should eat at home

i did 10 years screwing around in thailand. myself and many friends never had a bargirl steal from them and never got any STDs so the risks must be very small. another expression i like is 'never bring sand to the beach'

ID: 89   Posted

19 hours ago, wvavin said:

I have never come across an accidental suicide in my life!

No such thing

What are UK police thinking off?