Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation
snoop1130

Foreigner seen beating young child after dispute over 10-baht fee

Foreigner seen beating young child after dispute over 10-baht fee

Kongleaphy Keam

1_20175161783160_LyknWWMujVQIvbGhCrgmuUkGehDiotwAshnODAIm_jpeg.jpeg

PHUKET:-- A Facebook user has offered a reward of 5,000 baht to anyone who can help him find a foreigner who fought with a toilet attendant and refused to pay a 10 baht fee to use a toilet on Bangla road.

Videos and photographs of six foreigners – three men and three women – were recorded on CCTV cameras installed at the facility. They were posted by a user named ‘Tohee Seesa’ earlier this month. 

In the video, one of the men is repeatedly seen hitting and shoving a young boy into the wall. 

Full Story: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Foreigner-seen-beating-young-child-dispute-10baht/66596?desktopversion#ad-image-0

pgazette_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket Gazette 2017-5-16

9 minutes ago, 4evermaat said:

At the very end of the video, is that a pistol that the thai man (boy) who got hit pulls out?

I think it was a gun......big risk to take over 10 baht(attacker)        

• Like 2

Looks like he was after his phone...

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

That is not a "10 year old kid".

Edited by rwdrwdrwd
  • Like 2

The first thing I observe, simply from body language, is the aggressiveness of the man in the blue T-shirt. He was already looking for a confrontation. As anyone who lives in Thailand knows, confrontation and aggressive behavior is not welcome here. It's a cultural thing and helps members of a poor society coexist with limited resources and living space. The second point to note is that the attendant appears to me to be about 15 years old, not 10. Thais are smaller than Westerners. The man in the blue T-shirt seems to be unhappy with the toilet fee of 10 baht. In some places it's only 5 baht. Maybe he was going to pay for his friends to use the facilities, thus it would be perhaps a 20-30 baht expense for him. As for the friends in attendance, they seem to have no idea that he's going to get violent, they moved away from the violence, probably to avoid getting caught up in it or hurt. As to what the attendant pulled out from under the desk, I can't make it out. But unless it's clearly a gun (I don't believe so), it may well have been a knife. I would have no problem with the attendant stabbing that <deleted> over this. It was self defense, although delayed by 20 seconds. No guarantee that the blue T shirt man wouldn't return to cause more trouble and violence. Tough situation to deal with. I hope the blue T-shirt man is apprehended and given a bit of time in jail to appreciate the seriousness of his inappropriate actions.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Here in the USA, my wife once worked as a waitress at a Chinese restaurant.  The owner's son-in-law was an a-hole.  One time I had to go in there and pound on the table in front of him and his Chinese buddies and threaten him with bodily harm for transgressions against my wife.  I am a skinny guy about 5 foot 6 inches tall.  He got the message that I would have fought to the death, or at least chewed off a few body parts.  Piss-ant.

I suspect this incident was a matter of honor.  Little dude peeped or some such.

Edited by Damrongsak