Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation
Jonathan Fairfield

Phuket Police charge British boyfriend for death of Sophie Anderson

Phuket Police charge British boyfriend for death of Sophie Anderson

5.jpg

PHUKET: British national Danny Glass from Margate in Kent, England, has been charged with reckless driving causing the death of his long-term partner, British mum Sophie Emma Rose Anderson.

Ms Anderson was riding pillion when Mr Glass lost control of the scooter they were riding on after he braked suddenly to avoid ramming into the back of a car, that he said had braked suddenly Monday last week (May 8).

Ms Anderson fell onto the road and was run over by an 18-wheeled truck driven by Nattawoot Kimchue, 30, from Thai Muang in Phang Nga Province. 

She was six months pregnant, with Mr Glass as the father.

Ms Anderson was also mother to 5-year-old Shaye, from a previous relationship. Young Shaye lived with her and Mr Glass in Phuket, but has since been taken to live with his father in Bangkok. 

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-police-charge-british-boyfriend-for-death-of-sophie-anderson-62188.php#W3oOhVlPEYFgpopr.97

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2017-05-17
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

IF I'm not mistaken, when there is a road traffic accident resulting in death all partied involved with the event will be charged as a formality regardless of innocence or guilt.. This is why our first class insurance has a 200,000 baht bail bond. 

Again, IF I'm not mistaken this formality will pass and hopefully common sense will prevail in the recognition that this was a tragic accident caused by the bike driver braking.

In the UK he would probably have been done for 'driving without due care and attention' by pulling into traffic without checking (which appears to be the case).  I don't think it would progress to manslaughter there but I may be wrong.

2 hours ago, wakeupplease said:

Here we go again Phucket BIB at it again. I expect the rubbish roads and low level driving standards found here had nothing to do with the accident. Next thing we will hear after a long meeting and tons of pressure from bib he will be made to plead guilty to avoid 3 years of having to stay in the place to fight in court.

British Government needs to update there website and warn of these tricks the BIB do.

Or maybe a kind person should put up a website to warn farangs.

Another Local Moneymaking scam, sod how the family feel.

Charges are often implemented but it doesn't stop the chest beating from the 'they are picking on the farang' fraternity'. The BiB were involved after the fact- your conspiracy theories are way out of date.

The 'low level driving standards ' seem to have been by the driver of the motorbike but feel free to vent.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Psimbo said:

In the UK he would probably have been done for 'driving without due care and attention' by pulling into traffic without checking (which appears to be the case).  I don't think it would progress to manslaughter there but I may be wrong.

Charges are often implemented but it doesn't stop the chest beating from the 'they are picking on the farang' fraternity'. The BiB were involved after the fact- your conspiracy theories are way out of date.

The 'low level driving standards ' seem to have been by the driver of the motorbike but feel free to vent.

In the UK he would probably have been done for 'driving without due care and attention' by pulling into traffic without checking (which appears to be the case).

Huh? did you not read the OP above ;

"Ms Anderson was riding pillion when Mr Glass lost control of the scooter they were riding on after he braked suddenly to avoid ramming into the back of a car, that he said had braked suddenly Monday last week (May 8)."

• Like 1

Danny Glass charged over Thailand scooter death

(BBC) The boyfriend of a pregnant woman killed in a scooter accident in Thailand is to be charged over her death, police in the country have said.

The scooter Danny Glass was riding on with Sophie Emma Rose Anderson collided with a truck in Phuket on 8 May.

Mr Glass, 29, originally from Margate, escaped serious injury.

Now he and the lorry driver Natt Awut Timsue are to be charged with causing death by reckless driving, Thai police said.

Full story: http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-39954122

bbc_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright BBC 2017-05-18

3 minutes ago, simoh1490 said:

Have you even read the news article or are you just imagining who is at fault, in this case anything other than the British driver!

Try reading the British press version and then look back a few months to the Jet ski accident with the Austrian guy.

So drivers local are not the worst in the world. please do not try and say Libya is as that place is at war.

Just like the Australian guy he will get nailed He braked hard on a scooter as the car in front did also but he only had two wheels.

Accidents happen and at times like this with him having to suffer the loss and living with it, do not make a mountain out of a molehill as they do here.

I will remind you  to get a driving licence here in the UK we are trained we have the best training in the world when it comes to driving tests and it takes a lot more than 5 hours.

We also have road sense that is why we have less deaths in a year than you loose in a month or less.

Driving standards there are abysmal yet time and time again farangs get the wrap, when they are the ones who have had the training and have learned to use roads in Europe that are not just a straight line.

I think you must of forgot who are the best drivers and it is not those in your neck of the woods.

• Like 1

A post containing an intentional misspelling of Phuket in order to post in a profane manner has been removed, the reply was removed as well.