Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation
Jonathan Fairfield

Phuket Police charge British boyfriend for death of Sophie Anderson

2 minutes ago, simoh1490 said:

This thread is not about an article in the British press.

This thread is not about an Austrian jet ski rider.

If you think British drivers are the best in the world, why did he brake so fast and hard to cause a fatality, why didn't he keep his distance.

Sorry but it is about A Brit so what we think is relative.

I do not think I know who are the better drivers and riders that is why we have so many world champions over the years and who has the highest death rate on the roads in the world?

As for the Aus, wait and see he will plead not guilty then after several hours be persuaded to plead guilty otherwise he could be there for 3 years he will be told. Always the way there.

Was the scooter standard good bad or usual quality of not a lot working? And yes I have hired big bikes there.

7am local you have a nice day.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, LivinginKata said:

Well ... so much for all the TV detectives declaring the truck driver was at fault.

To me it was an unfortunate road accident caused by the bike driver.

if you can be bothered to look at any of my posts on this matter I SAID IT WAS THE BIKE RIDERS FAULT FROM DAY ONE. RIP young lady.

1 minute ago, simoh1490 said:

"We", who is we!

I get the picture, you're sat in the UK dreaming of Thailand yet bashing all things Thai, just because a fellow Brit is involved and he couldn't possibly be at fault, no siree, not with all the training and high end abilities he must have, it must be the fault of something Thai, the Thai bike, the Thai road, the other Thai drivers, the Thai BiB, the Thai air.....got it!

Find a new painter if I was you as your picture is incorrect, yet again. Then try to understand English so lessons may be in order.

Again the old chestnut T Bashing which again is incorrect. We became a first world country because we learned from the many mistakes we made, so point them out to others and they start chanting T bashing.

You and I  have been here be4 my friend and your comments to me are like water off a ducks back, but others here on TV do not need to be insulted.

As I said You have a good day,  I am busy as I have work to do

Keep well

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, catman20 said:

if you can be bothered to look at any of my posts on this matter I SAID IT WAS THE BIKE RIDERS FAULT FROM DAY ONE. RIP young lady.

Why do you think LiKs comment was directed at you?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, LivinginKata said:

Well ... so much for all the TV detectives declaring the truck driver was at fault.

But but ....he isnt thai therefore cant be the guilty party.....if what i read on here is true .

Very sad, may she RIP.

It brings to mind (not talking about this case) how vexed I get when I see ladies on the back of motorbikes here blissfully unaware of what's going on around them because they are totally engrossed in playing their phones.

No sign of being "at the ready" should something unexpected occur.

9 hours ago, Goldieinkathu said:
“Both men are being held responsible for the death of Ms Anderson, because both were driving recklessly,” Lt Col Sanit Nookong of Thalang Police station confirmed to The Phuket News today (May 17)
Read more at http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-police-charge-british-boyfriend-for-death-of-sophie-anderson-62188.php#8Wxa4TGm4BtPQsSp.99

I fail to see how the truck driver could have avoided the accident, IMO he was just in the wrong place at the wrong time, hardly reckless driving.
I"m sure that both drivers are heavy enough in their hearts without all of this on top.
Truly a terrible ACCIDENT.

if they charge 2 people they can collect double the fine. remember police are basically private enterprise in thailand.

11 hours ago, LivinginKata said:

Isn't hind sight plus with new information a wonderful thing.

Probably staying in Thailand as an illegal worker and having lack of experience of motorbike riding and the Thai road systems.

This is something that is going to haunt him for the remainder of his life. A terrible tragedy for all involved. 

12 hours ago, LivinginKata said:

For sure it was an accident. But if you knew how the truck drivers are driving in Thailand, you could change your mind. In other countries, usually the drivers, as they have a good point of view of the scene, brake when it seems dangerous. In this case the truck driver was perfectly able to see the car parked on the bike lane, but he didn't try to break or avoid the accident. As usual in Thailand.

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Borzandy said:

For sure it was an accident. But if you knew how the truck drivers are driving in Thailand, you could change your mind. In other countries, usually the drivers, as they have a good point of view of the scene, brake when it seems dangerous. In this case the truck driver was perfectly able to see the car parked on the bike lane, but he didn't try to break or avoid the accident. As usual in Thailand.

Was it a bike lane or was it just that part of the hard shoulder that some scooters and motorbike riders like to use, sometimes?

Edited by simoh1490