Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation
webfact

Taxi drivers chase foreigner out of Uber taxi in Pattaya

ericthai    716
12 hours ago, AndyOz said:

I do have some sympathy with the Taxi drivers. Uber has depended on your view either revolutionised or destroyed the taxi industry wherever it plies its trade.
Whatever your opinion the drivers end up much worse off. I think the balance in Pattaya now is pretty good. The number of baht busses has been greatly reduced, routes and prices are clearly defined If you want to hire a taxi the rules are the same as anywhere else in the world, agree a price you are both happy with before you start your journey.
I understand things could be better and the yellow taxis should have meters that are working all the time.
On the whole I think Pattaya does a pretty good job with their taxis. Keep things the same.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

The meters are really working they just dont want to use them and say it's broke.  Guess you never been dropped off on the side of the road because half way through the ride the diver decided to increase the price. 

Foozool    144

It seems the virus becomes more agressive by being farang in contact. Hopefully there will be a vaccin available for this kind of disease in future and will make a safest environment for farang and Thai both. 

snowgard    334
13 hours ago, thaiman said:

Good.  Get Uber out of Thailand.  Next kick out Starbucks and Hooters.

Why??? They are legal!!!

Jonmarleesco    1,569
14 hours ago, webfact said:

Uber service is still illegal in Thailand.

But harassment by a gang of scamming, idle  thugs isn't?

• Like 2

balo    5,397

UBER are paying the fines for the drivers, That's what one of the drivers told me. If the police keep his drivers license its a bigger issue perhaps.  

• Like 1

stanleycoin    185

This is disgraceful.

Pattaya,  The disgusting Taxi Mafia,  business thuggery.

The Lawless city,   with toy town cops.

I'm glad i only go there for sex,    its about the only thing that's  right

about the place.. !!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

lamyai3    440
17 hours ago, Thechook said:

Tomorrow a story about taxi driver returning cash to foreign tourist

Ask and ye shall receive:

• Like 2

hotchilli    422
18 hours ago, BigBadGeordie said:

But it appears that being a vigilante thug is not.

And being a member of a local "mafia" exempts you from charges and bringing the "country into disrepute and damaging tourism".

Agreed,

Thai taxis want the monopoly as in many other companies, Uber will never get Thai registration in a million years.
They just cannot accept any kind of competition that might give them a run for their money or maybe even make them provide a real service for the customer.

They want to continue their reign of terror on the streets, charging what they like, abusing who they like doing what the hell they like;

Run by mafia, protected by the mafia...  protectionism at it's worst, street level & government level.

• Like 1

jacko45k    4,470
14 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Yup. In Chiang Mai I failed to get 10 "taxis" to go below 100 baht for a 20 baht trip.

Try Uber....

• Like 1

jasonsamui55    56

Best to never take a real taxi ... ever!  I will always go out if NappyHolidays.com way to choose an Uber over a taxi even if I have to wait longer or pay more. The service is just 100% better! Hopefully they all go out of business and all we have left are Uber and Lyft and others. Taxis are inefficient criminals and hopefully soon will all be looking for new jobs.

• Like 2

wump    571

What's with all the resistance? Five years from now, taxis will be driverless anyway.

• Like 2

paddyjoe41    143

This shit goes on and on,the taxi drivers in Patia are without a doubt just a bunch of lazy pricks,corrupt to the bone and we all know it.Ok but why should a stranger be treated like this?Not everyone would know that the taxi is illegal.Answer me one question.How many taxi drivers in Patia are legal.??I can answer for you one and all.NONE.Its the farangs that keep the lazy pricks called Taxi drivers in business,without us they would all be on the breadline,so dont hide and back these dirty scumbags up they are what we all know they are shithouses.Cowards,drunkards,and women beaters .But as per usual never alone,thai way, a group that will attack and beat up old defensless pensioners without a second glance.The quicker Thailand realises this the better this country will be without these lazy cowards,they are number one that gives this nice country the bad name ALWAYS.

wump    571
5 minutes ago, paddyjoe41 said:

This shit goes on and on,the taxi drivers in Patia are without a doubt just a bunch of lazy pricks,corrupt to the bone and we all know it.Ok but why should a stranger be treated like this?Not everyone would know that the taxi is illegal.Answer me one question.How many taxi drivers in Patia are legal.??I can answer for you one and all.NONE.Its the farangs that keep the lazy pricks called Taxi drivers in business,without us they would all be on the breadline,so dont hide and back these dirty scumbags up they are what we all know they are shithouses.Cowards,drunkards,and women beaters .But as per usual never alone,thai way, a group that will attack and beat up old defensless pensioners without a second glance.The quicker Thailand realises this the better this country will be without these lazy cowards,they are number one that gives this nice country the bad name ALWAYS.

Your post will probably get deleted for language but I do understand your frustration. Do yourself a favour and install the app. Word will spread quickly (did already and I do my part) and the thugs will be out of business in less than a year. Mafia taxis are already driving around empty >90% of the time. Don't think they can handle much more.

• Like 2