webfact

Taxi drivers chase foreigner out of Uber taxi in Pattaya

173 posts in this topic

On 5/18/2017 at 2:17 PM, johng said:

What about McDonalds,KFC,Buger king,Piza Hut,Tesco,
Ford,Chevrolet,Google,Facebook and all those other "vile" foreign companies who invest and create jobs for Thailand kick them all out and everyone can go back to thier rice paddies ?

Whoa up..... I'm still gasping from the thought of kicking out the hooters.... I likes the hooters.... no more suggestions please ( unless we can all agree to keep those lovely hooters!)

2 people like this

On 2017-5-19 at 0:20 PM, MekkOne said:

problem is I'm speaking and reading Thai perfectly, as I do for English, Spanish, French, Italian and Portuguese... a con taxi driver is a filthy taxi driver period.

sent from the moon.

I'm sure you'll be able to find a bilingual forum somewhere, instead of mixing with us mere mortals on the TV forum.  How boring for you.

1 person likes this

19 hours ago, wakeupplease said:

Uber, Taxi, Thug, Pat, Violence, farang ripoff, ladyboys, Prostitutes, corruption, flying cl;ub rubbish, the snatch, its never ending.

Ah the most wonderful tourist resort in the world, cant wait for my next visit.

Not in my lifetime, just hope I do not get reincarnated and have to live there.

Na I think I am safe as life you only get to live once

Get out of the tourist traps and you will find a whole new Thailand. 

2 minutes ago, ericthai said:

True, but then again being outside of the tourist traps is super-boring if you don't speak any Thai.

what punishment was dealt to the passenger?

or did he/she run away, whilst in fear of  the animals.

if passenger did scarper, there would not be any evidence.

if a taxi driver videoed the passnger, all the Uber had to say was that the passenger was his GF/BF, who ran away - in fear of the animals

3 minutes ago, ericthai said:

absolutely.

make some thai friends beyond the, probably, low class low educated females most foreigners hang out with.

my friends are thai, male and female, single and married (to foreigners and other thais), educated (many with master degrees from western countries), professional middles class people. try it and you will understand a whole lot more about thailand.

2 people like this

4 hours ago, samsensam said:

absolutely.

make some thai friends beyond the, probably, low class low educated females most foreigners hang out with.

my friends are thai, male and female, single and married (to foreigners and other thais), educated (many with master degrees from western countries), professional middles class people. try it and you will understand a whole lot more about thailand.

You joking? Then you'd have to learn the language and actually make an effort understanding the culture. Silly boy!

On 18/05/2017 at 10:42 PM, MartinBangkok said:

Grab Taxi in Pattaya seems to be controlled by the local taxi mafia. That was my experience last week. They lied about their location and waiting time, and when I finally decided on one (speaking on the phone) he asked me to give the phone to the hotel security guy. The security guy than informed me that the driver wanted 1500 Baht, not the 1200 Baht we had agreed on 20 seconds earlier. I hung up the phone, blocked the guys number, downloaded the Uber app, and within 15 minutes I was safely on my way to Bangkok (1300 Baht).

exactly what I think too.

Astonishing that the GRAB HQ in Singapore is not doing anything about it

On 18/05/2017 at 0:32 PM, AndyOz said:

What are the rates charged by UBER drivers?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

from my Condo to Pattaya North Bus station it was usually 100-110 Baht, that is  - including unavoidable U-Turns - about a 3 KM ride. In many cases, I just paid 25-30 Baht, as there was a PROMO running, where 75 Baht would automatically be deducted from the fare. Such Promos are frequent, just log into your UBER account and they may pop-up immedatiely

Why am I having hard time understanding this?

Is Uber LEGAL in Pattaya(for pick-ups and drop-offs) and regular taxi operators just can't handle the competition?

or

Uber CAN ONLY drop passengers off that were picked up from outside Pattaya city limits and

CAN NOT do pickups

or

Uber legally can not EVEN ENTER Pattaya city limits, with or without passengers.

Someone who has knowledge of this, please enlighten me.

I am seriously confused.

Because someone will seriously get hurt if this boxing-in Uber cars continues as some of these members of the "taxi mafia" aren't scared or intimidated by the police or even being jailed when it comes to honor and feeding their family.

Edited by pattayadude

1 hour ago, pattayadude said:

Why am I having hard time understanding this?

Is Uber LEGAL in Pattaya(for pick-ups and drop-offs) and regular taxi operators just can't handle the competition?

or

Uber CAN ONLY drop passengers off that were picked up from outside Pattaya city limits and

CAN NOT do pickups

or

Uber legally can not EVEN ENTER Pattaya city limits, with or without passengers.

Someone who has knowledge of this, please enlighten me.

I am seriously confused.

Because someone will seriously get hurt if this boxing-in Uber cars continues as some of these members of the "taxi mafia" aren't scared or intimidated by the police or even being jailed when it comes to honor and feeding their family.

Lets just put it this way: The situation in one complete mess. There are too many taxis of all colors  and its only getting worse by the day.

Went from Central Festival to Pratumnak Soi 4 for 250 thb in a yellow taxi. He wanted 300! A rip off but what can you do. Only because I was with my grandparents otherwise would never use a taxi here.