Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation
JohnOFphon

Questions about Burriram.

I'm thinking of flying there next month. June. It's been a long time since I was there last, and then it was only for one night.

So this time, 2 or more nights.

What's to do, see and are there any fun resorts, or hotels. Not necessarily girl orientated but hat's fun too. I mean fun, unique, or interesting.

Also, would it be better to rent a car or use public transportation.

PM if you have any info.

John

If you ask me, I would have said that Buriram is a one horse town, except someone has stolen the horse.

Not a lot around there except the Beer Chang International Race Circuit. On June 24/25 there is the International GT Series Motorcycle Races. I fly to Buriram several times a year as I have  a house half way between Buriram and Prasart Surin.

• Like 1

Eat at dinosaur.

Go see thunder stadium.

Go see the inactive volcano, which is quite nice.

Go to the bus station and watch the tuktuk drivers wake up and quickly drive to you.

If you have time you can try the Khmer market near the border. Not great but ok.

Eat at dinosaur again.

I stayed at GT hotel and quite liked it.

• Like 1

the drive from BFV to buriram city is not that long.  30-40 minutes.  they've added a lane in a couple sections that helps if you need to pass a slow moving truck.  it is certainly more convenient than most airport drives i encounter in my travels.

the hotels that are higher quality with pools, include the amari, cresco, and thada chateau.  X2 is a new one that i haven't visited yet.  cresco is pretty nice, i've eaten there but not stayed overnight.

i usually eat at the restaurants in the robinson shopping center or one of two restaurants on han chana road - book & bed and the tulip resort (also known as muang pizza).  the tulip resort has a big pool but is not as stylish as the others i named above.

• Like 2

Swan Bar, Food is Damn Good, Great Owner Mel, not far from hospital, Paddys Bar is Good

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect