Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation
JohnOFphon

Questions about Burriram.

11 hours ago, cooked said:

The reason so many people seem to dislike Buriram is the reason why I like it. It's a peaceful, unstressed place. Plenty of development going on and the roads are generally good.

If you've reached a point in your life where the majority of your needs (and all of your daily needs) can be met by what you can do/order online, and shop at Big C / HomePro, then Buiram is a great place.  Quiet, peaceful, clean, and the basic necessities of life.

If, however, you are a city boy, forget it :P

This is on my list of places to retire in solitude should that day arrive.... hopefully not for a while tho :P

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, cooked said:

The reason so many people seem to dislike Buriram is the reason why I like it. It's a peaceful, unstressed place. Plenty of development going on and the roads are generally good.

Delete  this post ,  please ..

Just go to  Udon,    Krap . 

Edited by elliss
  • Like 1

On 5/18/2017 at 7:36 AM, khunPer said:

Yes, airport is a bit away from the city.
What to see: Phanum Rung, a well-preserved Khmer Hindu temple from about year 1000 dedicated to Shiva, on top of an extinct volcano. Probably part of the huge Angkor Wat complex in Cambodia, but it’s 200 years older and located on the Thai side of today’s border. Twice a year the sun rises and rays through all 15-door-gates into Shiva's linga (sacrificial stone) in the middle of the temple, which is still celebrated religiously. "Rung" means "rainbow" in Thai, but in Khmer language it means "mountain" (Vnam Rung = Phanum Rung), the full name is Prasat Hin Phanum Rung and can be translated as Mountain Stone Castle (castle stone mountain).

post-122720-0-54366800-1456940304_thumb.jpg

Ruung (actually a long vowel, not short like Thai rung = rainbow) means "cave" in Khmer; it's the phanom part that means "mountain."

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Chou Anou said:

Ruung (actually a long vowel, not short like Thai rung = rainbow) means "cave" in Khmer; it's the phanom part that means "mountain."

Thanks for correction, and revealing of "ruung" – found the "mountain" explanation from one of many sites telling about Phanum Rung, cannot remember which, but not Wikipedia that only say Phanum Rung Stone Castle – used it as note for my photo...:wai:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, elliss said:

Delete  this post ,  please ..

Just go to  Udon,    Krap . 

Yes indeed, there are a lot more bars in Udon. I know the place. If that's what you came to Thailand for, go to Udon.

i purchased a t-shirt at phanom rung.  it has the words 'stone castle' in english.  if that helps anyone.

On 5/22/2017 at 3:20 AM, Nice Boyd said:

Swan Bar, Food is Damn Good, Great Owner Mel, not far from hospital, Paddys Bar is Good

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Paddys  Bar is very good ,   

ps,  Howel,  owes me a beer ,,, or too,,  555