webfact

Video shows foreign-looking man robbing Singaporean tourists

62 posts in this topic

17 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

Bloody hell. He's clearly done that before judging from the footage!

Why? nothing out of the ordinary there.

Old, Beer belly, Baseball cap trying to look young.

Must be American  😁😁

2 people like this

41 minutes ago, lvr181 said:

Huh?  Why are you looking at guys like that when you are on beach road? :whistling: :cheesy:

Very difficult not to, especially when they're blocking the sun. 😇

That appears to be 100% opportunistic, better to steal the bag than feed his fat face.

These people are everywhere so be careful out there and look after your valuables.

People don't leave your passport and cash etc in a backpack. I keep my pp in my front pocket.

17 hours ago, Tilacme said:

might want to clean the camera lense, close proximity but cannot even make out a face

Cameras are also always placed too high indoors. They should be just above eye level. Outdoors they need to be higher.

Well in mine country about 95% of the crimes are done by foreigners.Even in our top ten wanted list of criminals often being wanted for murder All are foreigners blacks arabs Chinese serbians.

14 hours ago, saakura said:

Looking at his big paunch, must be a regular on some bar stool.

yes spending someone elses money , do as they do in middle east chop his hands off !

2 hours ago, Inepto Cracy said:

The answer to this is the cut proof, lockable LogTote bag. Live more, worry less.

pacsafe are the best anti theft  bags

They will catch him when he goes to hospital to give birth

I can't understand people risking it here, if you want to steal go to countries like Sweden or Norway where they have nice prisons.

One small reason that F/B should not be blocked by the junta... It does have it's uses.

Hang your bag on a chair in a common restaurant in a tourist area in a foreign country.  Kind of stupid eh?

1 hour ago, Sooo Upto Me said:

Old, Beer belly, Baseball cap trying to look young.

Must be American  😁😁

Nah, probably from some inconsequential English speaking commonwealth country on his way to an afternoon on his butt in a Tommy pub.

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, seancbk said:

pacsafe are useless as they do not ship to Thailand. I only use true American companies who are universal shippers.

Agree pacsafe are good but try LocTote as well.

6 minutes ago, Inepto Cracy said:
1 hour ago, seancbk said:

pacsafe are useless as they do not ship to Thailand. I only use true American companies who are universal shippers.

Agree pacsafe are good but try LocTote as well.

Pacsafe is an Australian owned business. 

They have a Pacsafe Thailand Facebook page and there is an agent here so you can buy online in Thailand.   Amazing what you can find if you use Google.

Loctote have one style of bag that frankly looks pretty basic, whereas Pacsafe have an entire range of products for different uses  (not sure that they are all available here In Thailand though).

1 person likes this

Singapore tourists should have known better. I had to replace all personal documents in my home country as a result of an in home theft. I would hate to have to do this in a foreign country. 

But all the same, sad for the tourists that they must go through this because of that scumbag. 

ID: 40   Posted (edited)

I can only imagine the high pitched screams on this Forum if the guy had a brown skin and arabic looks ... But no, he looks like your regular bar cowboy, the average sugar daddy retired expat with a beer paunch that sits on his high stool for hours sharing the same Thai-bashing stories night after night with his bar friends ... my oh my, if would-be victims become full blown bandits, what is this world coming to ... :shock1:

Edited by Yann55