webfact

Roger Ailes, former Fox News chief, dies at 77

34 posts in this topic

ID: 21   Posted

Supposedly this video shows Ailes last moments before he passed away on his pleasure barge...

ID: 22   Posted

Probably the main legacy of Roger Ailes is; how one man, with a lot of money and powerful media position can tangibly affect presidential elections.   He contributed more to the elections of Reagan, Bush Sr., Bush Jr. and Trump, 50X more than what the Russians did for Trump in 2016.  

Roger Ailes is a dirty trickster similar to Roger Stone, but Ailes was propped up by Australian Murdoch's hundreds of millions of dollars.  

Adding injury to insult, the Murdochs gave him $24 million severance pay, just weeks ago, for Ailes getting proven a sexual predator for decades, including ruining many women's careers.  Maybe it's not against the law to reward a man with $24 million for being a decades-long sexual predator, but perhaps it should be.   A case could be made that the Murdoch family have caused more harm to the USA than McCarthyism and AIDS combined.  Rupert and his 2 sons should be slammed in prison.

1 person likes this

ID: 23   Posted

I had no plans to revisit America anytime soon. But now, I might make the pilgrimage—just so I can piss on Roger Ailes' grave.

That slimeball deserved no respect when alive, and none in death.

1 person likes this

ID: 24   Posted

I would say "watch out!" to all those female angels but I know that isn't the direction he is headed.

So Long Roger...so so long.

ID: 25   Posted

Fox (News) has changed the debate, and how it is conducted, but not in a good way.   IMO, Fox is the worst of the lot.  The commercials/adverts alone are like fingernails down a chalkboard.  :annoyed:

ID: 26   Posted

I won't say anything bad against a bad dead man.

I will say the good he did instead.... Err

Umm, he made a lot of women whom he touched up and stalked rich.

ID: 27   Posted

On 5/19/2017 at 2:25 PM, iReason said:

Alleged sexual predator. When it's proven I'll believe it. Till then it's just more fake news.

The world is full of evil women that falsely accuse men of dastardly things for greed and vengeance. 

What happened to all those women that were accusing Trump of all sorts of things? been very quiet, haven't they?

ID: 28   Posted

5 hours ago, boomerangutang said:

Probably the main legacy of Roger Ailes is; how one man, with a lot of money and powerful media position can tangibly affect presidential elections.   He contributed more to the elections of Reagan, Bush Sr., Bush Jr. and Trump, 50X more than what the Russians did for Trump in 2016.  

Roger Ailes is a dirty trickster similar to Roger Stone, but Ailes was propped up by Australian Murdoch's hundreds of millions of dollars.  

Adding injury to insult, the Murdochs gave him $24 million severance pay, just weeks ago, for Ailes getting proven a sexual predator for decades, including ruining many women's careers.  Maybe it's not against the law to reward a man with $24 million for being a decades-long sexual predator, but perhaps it should be.   A case could be made that the Murdoch family have caused more harm to the USA than McCarthyism and AIDS combined.  Rupert and his 2 sons should be slammed in prison.

Wow, we agree on something. Rupert and sons should indeed be in jail.

ID: 29   Posted (edited)

Actually, I've been shocked by the right wing news reports on his death. So far, not one of them has accused the Clintons of being the perpetrators.

Edited by ilostmypassword

ID: 30   Posted (edited)

Human beings have to do good things in order to earn respect.  They don't automatically deserve respect simply for being - or having been in this case.  Ailes did nothing to earn anyone's respect, and did much to earn the ire of many.

Edited by attrayant
typo

ID: 31   Posted

Off-topic posts with profanity have been removed as well as replies.  

6 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Alleged sexual predator. When it's proven I'll believe it. Till then it's just more fake news.

The world is full of evil women that falsely accuse men of dastardly things for greed and vengeance. 

What happened to all those women that were accusing Trump of all sorts of things? been very quiet, haven't they?

Please don't refer to something as fake news when it isn't.   The allegations are real; they are not fake.   Whether they are true or not is a different matter.  

Members who label something as fake news when it is not made up are subject to a warning and possible suspension.  

Please exercise care in what you post.  

1 person likes this

ID: 32   Posted

9 hours ago, ilostmypassword said:

Actually, I've been shocked by the right wing news reports on his death. So far, not one of them has accused the Clintons of being the perpetrators.

Wait...

Gone but not forgotten.

http://www.newyorker.com/culture/culture-desk/how-roger-ailes-degraded-the-tone-of-public-life-in-america

HOW ROGER AILES DEGRADED THE TONE OF PUBLIC LIFE IN AMERICA

I would distill Ailes’s genius down to the following formula: There is a person at a great distance from you who, simply by existing, insults your existence; therefore, that person does not have a right to exist. Ailes did more to degrade the tone of public life in America than anyone since Joseph McCarthy, and, even the day after his death, it is a struggle to write about him without borrowing from that tone.