webfact

Pattaya Baht Bus driver tries ripping off tourists

47 posts in this topic

So what are we complaining about it happened yesterday, today, and will happen tomorrow the next day and everyday there after, just the norm.

I have to say to TV I just saw a nice advert for NZ on here, so looks like that's the next holiday destination as I hear they do not rip off tourists there.

6 hours ago, wakeupplease said:

So what are we complaining about it happened yesterday, today, and will happen tomorrow the next day and everyday there after, just the norm.

I have to say to TV I just saw a nice advert for NZ on here, so looks like that's the next holiday destination as I hear they do not rip off tourists there.

Off you go then... door... bang... ass... etc..

21 hours ago, Jingthing said:

No, there is no 3rd road route.

Baht buses can be seen other places off route for various reasons but not running as buses. 

The story was about a CHARTER.

We know it was the North part of 3rd road. The section of 3rd road that could be called that is really not that big. It was rather a short trip. The fare of 400 was OUTRAGEOUS, but in my view, a typical fare offer from the baht bus charter. 

Also however they boarded, it is well known by locals anyway that if you SPEAK to a driver about going to a specific destination there is a real chance the driver may try to convert to charter, even on set routes.

Thanks of that clarification; I though Third road was still out of bounds despite being there before most bloody baht bus drivers were born!

The article doesn't say it was a charter and simply states, "...the tourists had been picked up on 3rd Road, North Pattaya. They had made their way down to Central Marina..." 

Is it possible to flag down a baht bus on Third, climb in the back without stating destination or negotiating a fare with the driver and simply get off somewhere along one of the baht buses sanctioned routes, be it Second or Beach once it is back on such and only pay the maximum agreed and posted non-charter fare?

Just trying to see where the baht bus 'charter trap' may be sprung. Among other places, baht buses end up at Big C Extra at Klang and the bus station on Nua and have to make their way back into town, preferably not empty. I understand that the bus station lurkers may already have a generally agreed charter fare. How about the Big C Extra lurkers that only have to do a u-turn to head back to their much closer routes? Do they have a 'set' fare to get back down to Second and/or Beach or are they just as mercenary and opportunist as the driver in the OP?

Edited by NanLaew

4 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Off you go then... door... bang... ass... etc..

I would send you a postcard, but feel it may get nicked in the mail

PS

Ass Etc

Me sorry i am Not way inclined, but if it turns you on, go for it and enjoy

12 hours ago, wakeupplease said:

Just coming to Winter in NZ. Enjoy. Tourists get ripped off everywhere.

4 hours ago, champers said:

Just coming to Winter in NZ. Enjoy. Tourists get ripped off everywhere.

Summer here so wait until December if that is ok with you.

Define rippoff NZ style if you will so I know what to avoid.

I can speak the language fluent so that should help

Thanks for your advice

ID: 47   Posted (edited)

love the baht bus system.

all they need is an automated pay machine in the passenger seat with a big partition between it and the driver.

the drivers side window can be smoked so you cant see in.

routes are easily found online.

Edited by JimCrane