webfact

NCPO: Our biggest achievement is peace

123 posts in this topic

56 minutes ago, tbthailand said:

but the thugs are running amok without fear of prosecution... 

:passifier:

There are thugs are there are real thugs. I will take the ones in green shirts any day, they aren't killing as many people, nor propping up a Shinawatra criminal conspiracy pretending to be a government.

But only if you feel that protesting is not an expression of a peaceful society. And that is the catch - the elite see social unrest as a sign of conflict (perhaps they feel threatened) as opposed to an opportunity for discourse to address social issues that need addressing. 

Not just social unrest. As the OP makes clear, having a different opinion is something that is being actively opposed by the current regime.

There are thugs are there are real thugs.

I don't think it's fair for you to call the Yellow Shirts, and Orange-clad militia "Thugs". Only they (along with the Army) know what's best for Thailand, and if they have to exercise unlawful activity to force their ways on the masses then so be it. They've been doing it repeatedly for 70-ish years so they must be right.

1 person likes this

48 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

The country was pretty civilised and normal during the Bangkok shutdown. Were there thugs running amok or uncontrollable mobs raging through the cities or countryside; the blood was not running in the streets; there was no destruction of buildings or homes; there was no rioting or looting; the government, courts, medical establishments were kept open for business and functioning adequately; telecommunications, social media facilities were active and normal. Protests not widespread but confined to limited areas in Bangkok. Rest of Bangkok and the upcountry continue life as normal and the Bangkok famed traffic was just as horrific as usual. Pretty civilized to me and my company was functioning without disruption. Still they stage a coup claiming to bring peace. Baloney, I say. Matters were worse in 2009 and no coup. Because the chosen one was PM then?

I'm so glad it wasn't members of you family murdered by the red shirt thugs. Their family members possibly remember it differently. I'm OK Jack?

"..... killed in the country's recent political unrest, which has claimed at least 20 lives and injured more than 700 since November. "

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/thailand-political-violence-leaves-3-children-dead/

4 minutes ago, halloween said:

I'm so glad it wasn't members of you family murdered by the red shirt thugs. Their family members possibly remember it differently. I'm OK Jack?

"..... killed in the country's recent political unrest, which has claimed at least 20 lives and injured more than 700 since November. "

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/thailand-political-violence-leaves-3-children-dead/

And of course there was not way to prevent the violence other than a coup. Well, I suppose the military could have made it clear that they supported democracy and there would be no coup, taking all the wind out of Suthep and his minions.  Or the military could have helped ensure elections.  Or the military could have let the protests die of apathy, which they were well on there way to doing.

2 people like this

1 hour ago, Krataiboy said:

And of course, all those who claim the military and Suthep colluded to make Bangkok ungovernable to justify the coup are just crazy conspiracy theorists.

No . everybody knows that Military and Suthep collided to justify the coup.

ID: 69   Posted (edited)

32 minutes ago, halloween said:

There are thugs are there are real thugs. I will take the ones in green shirts any day, they aren't killing as many people, nor propping up a Shinawatra criminal conspiracy pretending to be a government.

Thaksin was narrow-minded merely trying to get influence through elections, trying to get amnesty by votes in parliament, trying to circumvent laws written to by others, etc....

The real guys take power by force, cancel elections when they feel their political faction will not win, grant themselves amnesty and design laws in a way that is beneficial to them..

Edited by candide
2 people like this

And of course there was not way to prevent the violence other than a coup. Well, I suppose the military could have made it clear that they supported democracy and there would be no coup, taking all the wind out of Suthep and his minions.  Or the military could have helped ensure elections.  Or the military could have let the protests die of apathy, which they were well on there way to doing.

So many inconvenient truths eh?
2 people like this

The truly amazing part looking at the picture he can say this with a straight face. Lots of mirror practice perhaps??

1 person likes this

7 hours ago, Raymonddiaz said:

I never agreed before with the junta but it's true your ONLY achievement is PEACE in Bangkok.

Do you make this statement as you sit in a Bangkok traffic jam??

1 person likes this

6 hours ago, halloween said:

Well, yes. That's how it works in a civilised society. Which is a better situation than thugs being allowed to run amok without fear of prosecution.

Finally flushed one out. 

2 people like this

The greatest achievement would be for the Thai people to read this statement and realize it for what it is. Propaganda

1 person likes this

5 hours ago, wump said:

Democracy will never work if people sell their votes for a measly 500 Baht. It's not like a lot of people are going to bed hungry in this country. Merely shows that a lot of people don't care about the fate of it.

You have opened the door to a good idea lets take a hunger poll. Being hungry rather blocks the idea of caring about fate and many other of life's pleasures. Your right Democracy will never work as it is not nurtured or allow to grow. Its similar to a plant