webfact

NCPO: Our biggest achievement is peace

123 posts in this topic

15 minutes ago, halloween said:

Quick Eric, let's change the subject back 4 years. Pathetic.

Why? You can't defend the topic? I feel sorry for you that most posters think you are a joke. 

1 person likes this

Just now, Eric Loh said:

Why? You can't defend the topic? I feel sorry for you that most posters think you are a joke. 

You posted that everything was fine in 2014, and I produced evidence to the contrary. Your response was to cite events of 2010.

If you think it was funny that people were being killed in 2014, you have a moral deficiency. Actually your constant defence of the Shinawatras, their failed policies and corruption made that evident some time ago.

Throughout modern history, there have bee a few cases of so called benevolent dictators.  Rare, but it has happened. 

5 minutes ago, gk10002000 said:

Throughout modern history, there have bee a few cases of so called benevolent dictators.  Rare, but it has happened. 

plenty of malign clowns though.....

14 minutes ago, halloween said:

You posted that everything was fine in 2014, and I produced evidence to the contrary. Your response was to cite events of 2010.

If you think it was funny that people were being killed in 2014, you have a moral deficiency. Actually your constant defence of the Shinawatras, their failed policies and corruption made that evident some time ago.

Those are not evidence but pathetic and embarrassing excuses from you kissing up to the military seizing power. 

1 person likes this

Accomplishment:

Three, count 'em, three Constitutions:

Interim, with extra Article 44 on top (bonus points awarded)

Attempt #1 - oops, give yourself a passing grade for 'effort'

Attempt #3 - mission accomplished

1 hour ago, gk10002000 said:

Benevolent dictators and their underlings (especially their underlings) have a habitof stopping being benevolent when a serious challenge to their power arises.

Watch this space, sadly I'm sure that is how t will end here...

2 people like this

ID: 110   Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

You missed out it's role as a runway so the US could bomb SE Asia back to the stone age (that worked didn't it) a place where the tired GI's could forget their misery for a few days in that umwinnable war and a military class the US stuffed with cash. Add Disneyesque 'fairy story'  historical spin to garnish the witches brew and voila we have Amazing Thailand - amazing indeed and testament that you can fool most of the people most of the time and shoot the ones you can't !

Yes sir how right you are!! I am always aware that posts can be too long. I didn't want to write an essay so I put things down for a comfortable read. That inevitably means omitting copy.

Of course you are correct about Thailand allowing the US to use as a launch pad. but this goes hand-in-hand with the Thai thinking then and now. You have to read between the lines here, but the US trying to halt communism! Why was the Thai gov so willing to comply?

I lived in north Isan for some years and there is a BIG incidence of deformed children there. All that 'agent orange' (and other deadly stuff) had/has a huge effect on the populous within range. That chemical was stored in Udon Thani among other places by the way. Might still be there!!?? 

There was also the fact that UK took control of Thailand after WW2. We needed money and the US lent on us not to pursue the conquered 'cause they wanted to use Thailand for their own ends. Part of the 'war loan deals'!! The UK gave the Thais their freedom for 2 million tons of rice.

It is with credit that TVisa is allowing this discussion. Although we are all aware that too much truth is not a good thing in Thailand.

Edited by owl sees all
inappropriate content

Best thing they could do with their "peace" is to ........ "peace off" !!

ID: 112   Posted (edited)

Whatever they may delude themselves into thinking they have achieved, it cannot last.

In true Tragedian style the means with which they have achieved (and with which they seek to maintain) the acquiescence that they refer to as "peace" ensure that.

They have, once again, merely "sown the wind".

Edited by Enoon
1 person likes this

20 hours ago, halloween said:

Well, yes. That's how it works in a civilised society. Which is a better situation than thugs being allowed to run amok without fear of prosecution.

At least with thugs you know they are scum and as for being allowed to run amok without fear of prosecution.

Have you read TV in the last 24hrs?

it happening in front of your eyes

Is this civilised, not in most country's I want to visit in the world.

hang on some one just cut a hole in my motor bike seat, what is this guy up to as I think he is trying to rape my motorbike, must go.

19 hours ago, LannaGuy said:

Normally agree with you but not on this one, quite the opposite but i cannot explain why here 

More's the pity

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, piersbeckett said:

More's the pity

Indeed but it's not a question of 'restraint' and i will be banned if i speak of it. Thais just can't do anything.

21 hours ago, jonclark said:

Whilst the pessimist in me feels it shows how far the country has sunk. 

seems an increasing number of thais agree with this

1 person likes this

Accomplishment: Built spiffy new park in Hua Hin. On-time, under "budget".