tazly

Best value hotel in Sukhumwit area

58 posts in this topic

ID: 1   Posted

Any advice offered, much appreciated....looking for the best combo of convenience and price.

Cheers!

ID: 2   Posted

Many hotels to choose ...  many stay at Sukhumvit suites hotel just near the corner of Asoke rd and Sukhumvit ....  if you want to be in the centre of town ...  that's where is best.

1 person likes this

ID: 3   Posted

4 minutes ago, steven100 said:

Many hotels to choose ...  many stay at Sukhumvit suites hotel just near the corner of Asoke rd and Sukhumvit ....  if you want to be in the centre of town ...  that's where is best.

Looks a bit expensive...anything cheaper in 1000-1500 range?

ID: 4   Posted

4 minutes ago, tazly said:

Looks a bit expensive...anything cheaper in 1000-1500 range?

ok ,  walk further up Sukhumvit another 300 meters on the same side ....  Retro hotel ...  recently completely refurbished ( was the old crown hotel - between soi 27&29 ) 

still on Sukhumvit and still in the main area of action and Terminal 21.  1200-1400baht

ID: 5   Posted

Search on Agoda by Sukhumvit Road. Plenty of choices in the 1000 THB range.

ID: 6   Posted

Citrus on either soi 11 or soi 13 (i think) are cheap and cheerful but have everything you need. Good location too. 

1 person likes this

ID: 7   Posted (edited)

You will get both, convenience and price, and a pool at the Honey Hotel on Soi 19.       Ground floor rooms are B900, upper floors a little more.       Google them for contact details.       They are about 200m down Soi 19 from Sukhumvit.         Also note they will be closing the hotel in September.

Edited by Spaniel
Add info.

ID: 8   Posted (edited)

Pinnacle Sukhumvit, situated soi 3 Sukhumvit almost opposite Nana  bars.  About 950 baht I would think.  I used to pay 700 baht 10 years ago.  Very convenient; can walk to most places.

Edit There are 2 Pinnacles. I am referring to Sukhumvit

Edited by BangkokTony
additional info
1 person likes this

ID: 10   Posted

21 hours ago, steven100 said:

ok ,  walk further up Sukhumvit another 300 meters on the same side ....  Retro hotel ...  recently completely refurbished ( was the old crown hotel - between soi 27&29 ) 

still on Sukhumvit and still in the main area of action and Terminal 21.  1200-1400baht

Had 3 weeks there not a place I would recommend.

My advice is to move out a bit, Being central drove me mad. As soon as you are out of the front door you are in the middle of the madness.

I move back into a condo in Thonglor in July, its 5 minutes away from the BTS but a world away from the craziness.

Get somewhere a few minutes walk from a BTS that is outside of the central areas. Nothing like a few minutes peace and quiet before you hit the mayhem.

ID: 11   Posted

1 hour ago, berybert said:

Had 3 weeks there not a place I would recommend.

My advice is to move out a bit, Being central drove me mad. As soon as you are out of the front door you are in the middle of the madness.

I move back into a condo in Thonglor in July, its 5 minutes away from the BTS but a world away from the craziness.

Get somewhere a few minutes walk from a BTS that is outside of the central areas. Nothing like a few minutes peace and quiet before you hit the mayhem.

good idea...any specific places in mind...

ID: 12   Posted

3 minutes ago, tazly said:

good idea...any specific places in mind...

Not really, as I said I shall be moving to Thonglor where I lived previously. Plenty of hotels Sukhumvit 38 and further out.

I found being in a hotel central hard work. Having old girls/ladyboys/bargirls etc trying to grab hold of you and calling you a sexy man every few feet gets very boring very quickly.

Also the fumes from the traffic as soon as you leave a central hotel isn't to healthy. Anywhere close to the BTS away from central and things are looking up.

ID: 13   Posted

30 minutes ago, berybert said:

Not really, as I said I shall be moving to Thonglor where I lived previously. Plenty of hotels Sukhumvit 38 and further out.

I found being in a hotel central hard work. Having old girls/ladyboys/bargirls etc trying to grab hold of you and calling you a sexy man every few feet gets very boring very quickly.

Also the fumes from the traffic as soon as you leave a central hotel isn't to healthy. Anywhere close to the BTS away from central and things are looking up.

Thanks....I am talking about specific recommendations for central hotels in Sukhumwit, not general talk of moving to condos outside the center.

ID: 14   Posted

4 minutes ago, tazly said:

Thanks....I am talking about specific recommendations for central hotels in Sukhumwit, not general talk of moving to condos outside the center.

So why bother saying good idea to my previous post ?

ID: 15   Posted

13 minutes ago, berybert said:

So why bother saying good idea to my previous post ?

was trying to be nice.....but forget that, put on your specs and re-read what I wrote, "good idea...any specific places in mind... "  Obviously you don't have any and are just trolling, so why not go bother people on another thread.....this one is not about your problem regarding being called a "sexy man".

2 people like this