tazly

Best value hotel in Sukhumwit area

58 posts in this topic

On 2017-05-20 at 8:37 AM, berybert said:

You tell me not to assume, then assume I cant afford a BTS ride.

Thonglor is part of the big city.

You really shouldn't talk about a place you have never been to.

Anywhere past Phrom Pong is boondocks......enjoy your banjo!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ID: 43   Posted (edited)

56 minutes ago, tazly said:

Anywhere past Phrom Pong is boondocks......enjoy your banjo!

Wow took your time to find out where it was on GOOGLE MAPS.

Oh and just so you are aware your original post you wanted somewhere in the Sukhumwit area. There is no such place as Sukhumwit. The road called Sukhumvit is one of the longest roads in the world.

So you really are pretty clueless.

Edited by berybert

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tazly said:

Hostel?  Also rooms don't look so nice!

Rooms look terrible, extra B100 you get a nice room in The Honey soi19

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, berybert said:

Wow took your time to find out where it was on GOOGLE MAPS.

Oh and just so you are aware your original post you wanted somewhere in the Sukhumwit area. There is no such place as Sukhumwit. The road called Sukhumvit is one of the longest roads in the world.

So you really are pretty clueless.

Try digging into your wallet and heading into town some time if you can afford it....you might learn something, other than the spewing endless nonsense.

 

http://wikitravel.org/en/Bangkok/Sukhumvit

 

Sukhumvit (Thai: สุขุมวิท) is an exclusive district in Bangkok. It is home to fancy apartments, villas, restaurants, bars and clubs. Popular among foreign visitors and expats, it becomes more and more a Thai residential neighbourhood as you follow the road southeast

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Spaniel said:

https://www.staylitup.com/

 

For the lower Sukhumvit area it will be hard to beat this place for price & convenience.

Yes, but it looks as though that place on Suk Soi 8 is a hostel (not HOTEL), meaning that it has shared bathrooms and even shared, dorm type rooms, from what I can see from their website.

 

I'm not sure that's what the OP was asking for.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Yes, but it looks as though that place on Suk Soi 8 is a hostel (not HOTEL), meaning that it has shared bathrooms and even shared, dorm type rooms, from what I can see from their website.

 

I'm not sure that's what the OP was asking for.

 

Definitely not....looking for best value , not cheap

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ID: 48   Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, tazly said:

Try digging into your wallet and heading into town some time if you can afford it....you might learn something, other than the spewing endless nonsense.

 

http://wikitravel.org/en/Bangkok/Sukhumvit

 

Sukhumvit (Thai: สุขุมวิท) is an exclusive district in Bangkok. It is home to fancy apartments, villas, restaurants, bars and clubs. Popular among foreign visitors and expats, it becomes more and more a Thai residential neighbourhood as you follow the road southeast

If you are going to find something on the internet, find something that that isn't gobbledegook.

Sukhumvit isn't an area its a fooooking long road.

In fact have a look at a link off your link,  Sukhumvit hotel Soi 50

In case you're wondering soi 50 is way past where I live soi 38. In the boonies or as your point of reference to prove where the area of Sukhumvit is. Ha ha

So tell me when I dig in my wallet what way is Sukhumvit ?

 

https://uk.hotels.com/hotel/details.html?hotel-id=451018&q-check-in=2017-06-06&q-check-out=2017-06-14&q-destination=Bangkok%2C+Thailand&destination-id=1313946&q-rooms=1&q-room-0-adults=2&rffrid=mdp.hcom.th.332.359.15.000.SEO.000.kwrd%3Dhotel+listings%3Athailand%3Abangkok%3Asukhumvit+hotels+in+bangkok&cur=THB&PSRC=AFF01&pos=HCOM_UK&locale=en_GB&target=H4sIAAAAAAAAAFWPT4_CIBDFP005IhTrrgdiqm412Rg3_jkbtqCQUiAw1a-_hOzFy5uX-b3JzMxC6Gfag7JSgTA2YQ2jXZWOkXzeUEI_UfCJ7zfHw-36jazvhVVcudtujUSM5insVoDiZFHVXZGa0A8kVRARpqgKpPM32E-RX_Zr9HM-bXjbdYSieL_HvHGUAevejxg0ZqzGrFli2mBCCD5_HUsdXlFWbFturGpiTQLjHqliLej8gnCZtr_CPQY_ZJemQU_j00DOlpmUjXFZ_jN_XperAQQBAAA.

Edited by berybert

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/20/2017 at 2:17 PM, Thainess said:

But they all suck. Rooms are like cells. Seriously, quality rooms in Bangkok around Sukhumvit are nowadays all 2000+. You'll only get a cell room a long way from the BTS or MRT if you want to pay 1000.

I have to respectfully disagree with this. There are many nice places to stay in the 1000-1300 baht range in central/lower sukhumvit. I visit BKK frequently and never have any trouble finding nice affordable accomodation.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ID: 50   Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, tazly said:

Try digging into your wallet and heading into town some time if you can afford it....you might learn something, other than the spewing endless nonsense.

 

http://wikitravel.org/en/Bangkok/Sukhumvit

 

Sukhumvit (Thai: สุขุมวิท) is an exclusive district in Bangkok. It is home to fancy apartments, villas, restaurants, bars and clubs. Popular among foreign visitors and expats, it becomes more and more a Thai residential neighbourhood as you follow the road southeast

Just to save you the bother of trying to prove me wrong.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_districts_of_Bangkok

Now what was you saying about spewing endless nonsense ?

Edited by berybert

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ID: 51   Posted (edited)

34 minutes ago, berybert said:

Now what was you saying about spewing endless nonsense ?

Am guessing you didn't finish high school with that terrible grammar......if you are going to whinge, at least do it properly.

Edited by tazly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, tazly said:

Am guessing you didn't finish high school with that terrible grammar......

I am guesses you have lost the argument and tried to divert.

Go bore someone else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ID: 53   Posted (edited)

2 minutes ago, berybert said:

I am guesses you have lost the argument and tried to divert.

Go bore someone else.

Keep on guesses-ing:spamsign:

Edited by tazly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/19/2017 at 7:48 AM, Jonathan Fairfield said:

Citrus on either soi 11 or soi 13 (i think) are cheap and cheerful but have everything you need. Good location too. 

I checked the Trip Advisor profiles for both of these hotels, they're both reviewed overall positive, and they both seem available from various booking sites for nightly rates between 1000 and 1500 baht, usually in the 1200-1400 range.

 

The Soi 11 hotel is deeper into the soi/farther from the main road. The Soi 13 hotel is somewhat closer to the main road, but gets slightly lower ratings and has somewhat higher prices.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I checked the Trip Advisor profiles for both of these hotels, they're both reviewed overall positive, and they both seem available from various booking sites for nightly rates between 1000 and 1500 baht, usually in the 1200-1400 range.

 

The Soi 11 hotel is deeper into the soi/farther from the main road. The Soi 13 hotel is somewhat closer to the main road, but gets slightly lower ratings and has somewhat higher prices.

 

Good work....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

im going to say the atlanta at the end of sukhumvit 2. great location, pool and 700-800 baht rooms with balconies, quiet, great sleep every time.

 

no tv though. also you cant bring girls back if your tempted being just a block or two from nana plaza. cant party, etc.

 

but who needs the hassle / theft risk anyhow, plenty of short time places if thats what you need.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Playboy hotel ......used to be 700 probably more now but nice big rooms and beds for a short time hotel.

 

Loads of porno movies shot here so no needs to worry if guest friendly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2017-05-20 at 2:56 AM, tomwct said:

 

The guy wanted a hotel for 1000-1500 THB. I personally have stayed on Suk 22 at Regency Park Hotel for 900 THB. It's an older hotel but clean. I stayed there when it was new in the 80's and many times thereafter. I do not need bells and whistles, but it'sa  good, safe hotel for less than 1000 THB. Next week my wife and I are staying at Chateau de Bangkok behind All Seasons Place because of the flooding on Suk 22. Chateau is also an older property but well maintained 1900 THB p/n. A very good value for a huge suite.  I also concur Citrus Suk 11 very nice for 1300 THB and free mini bar including beer.

A free mini-bar!  I know  a few "friends" who would never leave its side and wait for the daily re-fill!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

BANGKOK 25 May 2017 00:57
Sponsors