webfact

Trump calls special counsel Russia probe 'greatest witch hunt' in U.S. history

154 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, phantomfiddler said:

It would appear that a very large percentage of Americans are really messed up and acting in a completely juvenile manner. The man won the election, why not just let him get on with doing the things he said he intended to do ? Where has democracy gone ? Grow up !

Because he lied about just about everything he said he would do. He is a fraud. A liar. A poor executive with minimal skills for the job that's why. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, phantomfiddler said:

It would appear that a very large percentage of Americans are really messed up and acting in a completely juvenile manner. The man won the election, why not just let him get on with doing the things he said he intended to do ? Where has democracy gone ? Grow up !

It is not democracy to collude with an enemy state to undermine your election opponent. LOCK HIM UP!!!!

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, phantomfiddler said:

It would appear that a very large percentage of Americans are really messed up and acting in a completely juvenile manner. The man won the election, why not just let him get on with doing the things he said he intended to do ? Where has democracy gone ? Grow up !

You seem to have missed the obvious; part of this investigation surrounds whether or not the election was adversely influenced and whether Trump's actions are counter to his constitutional obligations.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, phantomfiddler said:

It would appear that a very large percentage of Americans are really messed up and acting in a completely juvenile manner. The man won the election, why not just let him get on with doing the things he said he intended to do ? Where has democracy gone ? Grow up !

"The man won the election, why not just let him get on with doing the things he said he intended to do ?"

Really?  Trump is doing the things he said he intended to do?  No major U-turns there?

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

99% of the things Trump talks about are things he has "No power to decide", Congress and the party that controls Congress decides.

"I am going to build a wall" is not his decision to make, its a policy announcement at best. Contrary to popular opinion, he doesn't have the power to make decisions, he makes broad policy announcements that may or may not have the backing of his party and ultimately Congress. 

The President is not an all powerful demigod, he is the talking head for the Government and the party in power.

Trump didn't make the decision to repeal and replace Obamacare (he announced it), he didn't write the new legislation (the party did), he didn't vote the new legislation (Congress did), He wont be enacting the new legislation (the states and the Judiciary etc will do that).

 

The president conducts the orchestra, he doesn't write the music, he doesn't play the instruments, he doesn't do the musical arrangement, and he doesn't decide what the orchestra plays.

 

He can have a personal opinion about the Russia probe, as a conductor may have an opinion about people looking for the out of tune violinist in the orchestra.

 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

"The man won the election, why not just let him get on with doing the things he said he intended to do ?"

Really?  Trump is doing the things he said he intended to do?  No major U-turns there?

How about this?

 

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-flynn-russia-investigation-white-house-return-come-back-latest-news-a7743836.html

 

The man is unwell...,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ID: 28   Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

99% of the things Trump talks about are things he has "No power to decide", Congress and the party that controls Congress decides.

"I am going to build a wall" is not his decision to make, its a policy announcement at best. Contrary to popular opinion, he doesn't have the power to make decisions, he makes broad policy announcements that may or may not have the backing of his party and ultimately Congress. 

The President is not an all powerful demigod, he is the talking head for the Government and the party in power.

Trump didn't make the decision to repeal and replace Obamacare (he announced it), he didn't write the new legislation (the party did), he didn't vote the new legislation (Congress did), He wont be enacting the new legislation (the states and the Judiciary etc will do that).

 

The president conducts the orchestra, he doesn't write the music, he doesn't play the instruments, he doesn't do the musical arrangement, and he doesn't decide what the orchestra plays.

 

He can have a personal opinion about the Russia probe, as a conductor may have an opinion about people looking for the out of tune violinist in the orchestra.

Yes, if only the President had the power to stop legislation from passing.  Maybe we could call it the veto.  That would give him lots of leverage. If only the USA had a constitution and in that document he was given such a power.  

Edited by ilostmypassword

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

calling it "the single greatest witch hunt" in U.S. history and a move that "hurts our country terribly."

 

1/ This guy obviously confuses the history of a country and his own, but then he confuses just about everything with everything else, so no big surprise here,

 

2/ To my knowledge the one thing that 'hurts our country terribly' at the moment is the Donald himself.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ID: 30   Posted (edited)

24 minutes ago, Credo said:

The ones being persecuted are the American public.   

... A significant percentage of whom must be masochists, then, since they elected their persecutor to his present position.

 

After only a hundred days of Trump-at-the-White-House, I wonder how many of those who voted for him are now biting their nails in anger, frustration and regret.

 

I do understand that a large proportion were just voting against Hillary, and I certainly don't blame them for that, but when you choose the devil to avoid the devil, you still end up electing the devil.

Edited by Yann55

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

According to WH leaks, all of the staff except Jared advocated for a measured response to the naming of Mueller. And that's more or less what the WH issued as a statement. But Jared (AKA Sonny Corleone) evidently had Trump's ear later on and voila, counter-productive tweets.

 

Hopefully his soon to be named private attorney can convince his client to to stop talking, and tweeting, about the Russian thing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Yann55 said:

... A significant percentage of whom must be masochists, then, since they elected their persecutor to his present position.

 

After only a hundred days of Trump-at-the-White-House, I wonder how many of those who voted for him are now biting their nails in anger, frustration and regret.

 

I do understand that a large proportion were just voting against Hillary, and I certainly don't blame them for that, but when you choose the devil to avoid the devil, you still end up electing the devil.

No, there were people voting against Hillary, but there are plenty of people who just dislike gov't and Trump shared that view.   They voted against gov't.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Credo said:

No, there were people voting against Hillary, but there are plenty of people who just dislike gov't and Trump shared that view.   They voted against gov't.

They certainly didn't vote against the so-called intrusion of government into everyone's lives. If that were the case, Rand Paul would should have won the nomination. Trump campaigned on protecting entitlements.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Credo said:

No, there were people voting against Hillary, but there are plenty of people who just dislike gov't and Trump shared that view.   They voted against gov't.

45% of eligible voters chose, for various reasons, not to vote.

 

That's almost criminal, as criminal as the Russian activities to sway and suppress voters, and needs to be addressed. We should be making it easier for people to vote rather than harder. Holding an election on a weekend alone might result in a 10% increase.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, tonray said:

I disagree but really the DEMS would do far better with Trump at the helm in blunting the right's agenda. With him gone and Pence in place...if they cannot wrest control in 2018, the agenda will be implemented at lightening speed. Trump's ineffectiveness and impulsiveness are the DEM's main weapon against policy right now.

I actually thought about this and yes, I agree that a President Pence "could be" worse in terms of his extreme right-wing position on a great many issues.  But consider the hardcore Trump supporters and what they're going to do if Trump is ousted.  I doubt they would instantly warm up to Pence.  Not sure how this would play out, but I don't think you can assume that the GOP will automatically become one big happy family with Pence as President.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yes, if only the President had the power to stop legislation from passing.  Maybe we could call it the veto.  That would give him lots of leverage. If only the USA had a constitution and in that document he was given such a power.  


A two thirds majority of Congress overides a presidents veto, a good clause to have in hindsight

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ID: 37   Posted (edited)

Trump's claim to executive privilege could be jeopardized.

Trump needs private attorney to navigate complex probe, his ex-lawyer says

Trump’s constant tweeting about subjects under investigation — as well as his claim that then-FBI Director James B. Comey assured him in three conversations that he was cleared — could undermine efforts to cite executive privilege, analysts said.

“It makes it extremely hard for him to make a claim of executive privilege after he has already put it out there publicly,” said Mark J. Rozell, dean of the Schar School of Public Policy at George Mason University and author of a book on executive privilege. “He is just not careful. ”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-needs-private-attorney-to-navigate-complex-probe-his-ex-lawyer-says/2017/05/18/f8dd81e0-3bf7-11e7-a058-ddbb23c75d82_story.html?hpid=hp_hp-top-table-main_privilege-9pm%3Ahomepage%2Fstory&utm_term=.05a110f195d4

Edited by ilostmypassword
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Peterw42 said:

 


A two thirds majority of Congress overides a presidents veto, a good clause to have in hindsight

 

And given the current makeup of the House and Senate, is an override likely on any of the major issues pending?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trump calls special counsel Russia probe 'greatest witch hunt' in U.S. history

 

Witch.png.b7c4cae1f74cd3c6382e7abca0fdb446.png

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trump denies collusion with Russia but says I 'speak for myself'

The president, at a remarkable press conference, was forced to deny he had done anything worthy of criminal charges – calling Russia crisis ‘a witch hunt’ (sub-title) 

 

"Donald Trump denied any collusion with Russia in the 2016 election but said on Thursday he spoke “for myself”, leaving open for the first time the possibility that some of his staff may have been involved."

 

T"here is no collusion – certainly myself and my campaign – but I can always speak for myself and the Russians – zero,” he said at a joint press conference with the Colombian president, Juan Manuel Santos."

 

 

"Trump’s embattled presidency, which has invited increasingly frequent comparison with Richard Nixon and Watergate, passed a new landmark at the press conference when he was asked bluntly, in front of a foreign head of state, whether he recalled anything he had done that “might be worthy of criminal charges in these investigation or impeachment”.

 

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/may/18/trump-strays-white-house-message-mueller-witch-hunt

 

The screws are tightening now, and the inept one opens the door to throw his surrogates under the bus...

 

On a lighter note:

 

 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   1 member

BANGKOK 25 May 2017 00:45
Sponsors