Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation
Rimmer

Halted beach refill work zone becomes haven for thieves

Yes all these failures are really piling up now. They are now up to a thresh hold that is very strange.

13 hours ago, IAMHERE said:

I am afraid of getting hit on the head by a falling coconut; get rid of those coconut trees where people walk.

???

A post has been removed:

3. If possible please proofread your post first, poor grammar and spelling can make the post difficult to understand. However be aware that not every member is a native English speaker and excessive posts regarding others spelling and grammar not only hijacks the topic but is poor netiquette.

With good budget and good thought out designed masterplans and focus on the pedestrians the city good become nice but honestly its going no where all seems to fail around WS.beach nourishment program,bali hai park,The waterfront,the marina,the cutting of the beach boulevard about time for a succes story!

22 hours ago, hyku1147 said:

Time for the old mousetrap in the pocket trick.

Double edged sword if you ask me...

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

Double edged sword if you ask me...

Please elaborate.

19 hours ago, phantomfiddler said:

Right on, get rid of the sidings ! The very first time I arrived in Pattaya the bus came down from the roundabout and there, staring one right in the face, was possibly the most beautiful entrance vista that ever existed for any seaside resort ! Just look at it now, is there no-one in the city administration with a sense of aesthetics ?

There is........all is focused on the blue, white and grey stones accompanied with the delphins in the tunnel.......so far for aesthetics

Buy some stolen property, pick up some yaba, then have a

short time all in one place....One stop shopping...

seems like the smartest people in thailand are the thieves

On 5/19/2017 at 7:10 PM, jacko45k said:

Why do these projects never get completed, the same can be said about the other end of the Beach (Bali Hai) and there is a mess round the sewerage pumping station that has been going on for years with no apparent progress. I know I am wasting my time complaining but it is just project (pedestrian crossings) after project (bus stops and busses) after project (re-routing songtaews). Yet the 'for no apparent benefit except producing an area for vendors project' of widening Beach Rd did get completed.

There is no firm government with well laid out and agreed upon chain of command.  Sure the military may be ultimately  in charge, but the local civilian mayor, city manager, comptroller, contract award process, etc.  doesn't exist.  There is no law or process that holds anybody accountable.  The fact the military, some middle or high level official could intervene at anytime leaves people always looking for work arounds, and I am not even accounting for corruption, kick backs, etc. that may be going on.  Sadly, a lot of the Thai mentality does not seem to believe in accountability or follow through.  It is a tough society economically there, and there is a lot of pressure to make and take money now.  Maintenance and follow through and longevity issues only arise after things start falling apart

• Like 1

Relax they are working on it , now we have a tunnel in Sukhumvit , malls popping up everywhere , this city will look nice in the year 20......something,