Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation
webfact

Video: "Policeman" driving brand new Mercedes-Benz flees without paying for his gas

elgordo38    9,503
2 hours ago, webfact said:

The man - in uniform with three stars on his shoulder - was driving a red plate Mercedes-Benz and had two female passengers in the car with him.

Just trying to show off for the ladies. I guess he thought his police benefits extended to free gas as well. After this all plays out I guess the bank will be paying him a friendly visit to repossess. 

elgordo38    9,503
37 minutes ago, Lupatria said:

Of course it was a misunderstanding. See details on our website honestthaicop.com

I tried that website and drew a blank page. 

• Like 2

Emster23    6,023

Shouldn't be that hard find out who owns the Benz if they want to. How about a re-enactment and cop give a deep wai to attendant?

lvr181    1,735
Just now, Emster23 said:

Shouldn't be that hard find out who owns the Benz if they want to. How about a re-enactment and cop give a deep wai to attendant?

And if the car "owner" doesn't want to give up the driver, then charge the owner with theft! Name and shame.

• Like 1

melvinmelvin    372
57 minutes ago, Lupatria said:

Of course it was a misunderstanding. See details on our website honestthaicop.com

maybe

or maybe he just couldna afford paying, saving up to buy a Benz on a cop salary is hard work

cant afford gas on top

LennyW    4,124
1 hour ago, trogers said:

A fake policeman on his way to a costume party?

More likely a drunk real one on his way to have his ego massaged by the 2 ladies in the car!

• Like 1

impulse    11,579
3 hours ago, webfact said:

The poster of the clip said that they forked out the 920 baht cost of the gas because they felt sorry for the attendant who earns just 308 baht a day.

That little flicker in your lights was the result of the bright idea bulbs of thousands of gas station attendants going off all at once...

tukkytuktuk    1,644

Two female passenger's. Wonder who they were or where this policeman had picked them up from? Could they be working girls, bet he was getting a free ride there also. Now you know why some people back in Blighty call police by the word "Filth".

"Had the filth round today. Nicked a tank full of petrol, dirty, filthy, pig"

Anthony Loh    72

Should make a police report and arrest him for justice, no way for anyone to runaway like him wearing a uniform. What a amazing Thailand again! 555

StevieAus    70
2 hours ago, AhFarangJa said:

What I can never understand is why the station attendants  here are responsible for paying that tab.

O.k. I admit there can be backhanded dealings going on with friends etc, I am also aware of the scams some attendants pull, but in this case it seems clear the driver is wholly guilty.

Just saying.....:smile:

According to my Thai wife it is normal practice with most employers if there is a shortage or something gets damaged the employee is expected to pay