webfact

Video: "Policeman" driving brand new Mercedes-Benz flees without paying for his gas

76 posts in this topic

Shouldn't be that hard find out who owns the Benz if they want to. How about a re-enactment and cop give a deep wai to attendant?

Just now, Emster23 said:

Shouldn't be that hard find out who owns the Benz if they want to. How about a re-enactment and cop give a deep wai to attendant?

And if the car "owner" doesn't want to give up the driver, then charge the owner with theft! Name and shame.

1 person likes this

57 minutes ago, Lupatria said:

Of course it was a misunderstanding. See details on our website honestthaicop.com

maybe

or maybe he just couldna afford paying, saving up to buy a Benz on a cop salary is hard work

cant afford gas on top

1 hour ago, trogers said:

A fake policeman on his way to a costume party?

More likely a drunk real one on his way to have his ego massaged by the 2 ladies in the car!

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, webfact said:

The poster of the clip said that they forked out the 920 baht cost of the gas because they felt sorry for the attendant who earns just 308 baht a day.

That little flicker in your lights was the result of the bright idea bulbs of thousands of gas station attendants going off all at once...

Two female passenger's. Wonder who they were or where this policeman had picked them up from? Could they be working girls, bet he was getting a free ride there also. Now you know why some people back in Blighty call police by the word "Filth".

"Had the filth round today. Nicked a tank full of petrol, dirty, filthy, pig"

Should make a police report and arrest him for justice, no way for anyone to runaway like him wearing a uniform. What a amazing Thailand again! 555

Well in his defense these German cars do slurp a lot of gasoline.

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, AhFarangJa said:

What I can never understand is why the station attendants  here are responsible for paying that tab.

O.k. I admit there can be backhanded dealings going on with friends etc, I am also aware of the scams some attendants pull, but in this case it seems clear the driver is wholly guilty.

Just saying.....:smile:

According to my Thai wife it is normal practice with most employers if there is a shortage or something gets damaged the employee is expected to pay

monthly installments for a Benz on policeman's wages and then the 'tea' money slows down,quite understandable, the policeman needed petrol and didn't have the ready's, let a peasant pay. when he gets found i don't suppose his boss will ask where he got the money for a Benz, he will know already. 

1 person likes this

34 minutes ago, LennyW said:

More likely a drunk real one on his way to have his ego massaged by the 2 ladies in the car!

They probably work for him at his 'in and out' shop.

3 hours ago, webfact said:

who earns just 308 baht a day

I find that a lot more scandalous than some cop not paying for his gas - and the fact that it seems the attendants have to pay if people do a runner. 

A  friend of mine got stopped for driving on red plates at night time , the " real police " told him it was against the law.

5 minutes ago, NE1 said:

A  friend of mine got stopped for driving on red plates at night time , the " real police " told him it was against the law.

Yes at night is illegal but my neighbour still did it for almost a whole year....she wears a uniform which probably helped with that.

Well that must be the case of this arrogant barsteward.

47 minutes ago, Dexlowe said:

I'm impressed. You're able to tell a fake policeman. :smile:

He's asking the question, not making a statement.  See the '?'  ??.

3 hours ago, Gecko123 said:

I don't know what the deal is, but some Thais seem to go crazy when they drive a car with a red license plate. 

I thought that red plate cars are not allowed on the road after 6PM. Looks dark!

1 person likes this

That puts a whole new (combined) meaning to the old film descriptions;-   "cops and robbers".

1 person likes this