Thailand Forum
Scott

Do you think Trump will be impeached or forced to resign?

Do you believe Trump will be impeached or forced to resign?  

382 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe Trump will be impeached or forced to resign?

• Yes, if he is not impeached, he will eventually resign.
    • No, he will not be impeached or forced to resign.

maewang99    424
Posted (edited)

you are not plugged in at all.

none of the above.

he will declare that he is a winner (again again again).....  and then.... in the next sentence... or tweet.... he will quit. he will say......  blah blah blah.... 

and of course "family values" will be invoked....

NOT "FORCED".

NOT IMPEACHED (which only brings it to the Senate by the way, right? but I gotcha.)

his family needs him at the Trump helm.... family values (money).

we call it a "win win situation"... a little English lesson for someone today.  a win win for everyone, not just Pence.

Edited by maewang99

iReason    8,003
15 minutes ago, Dagnabbit said:

There is no evidence of any wrongdoing yet.

Just making stuff up...

:coffee1:

55Jay    3,886
Posted (edited)

The question is ridiculous at this stage but great for advert traffic.  I voted Yes.

2 years and counting, concealing massive stress and consternation is taking its toll.  Hillary the Hellion on roller skates blew up at lowly staffers, and threw things at poor old POTUS Bill's head.  Donald's apparently screaming at television screens.  Neither are spring chickens.  

My money's still on a medical emergency, and things will move quickly.  If he survives, Trump will acquiesce and seize the opportunity, citing incontestable orders from his doctors, same as he does with his lawyers.

"I've got no choice, the Doctors are telling me I have to.  I don't want to, but hey, people, that's what they are telling me, I have to, because my Doctors say I must, I have no choice, people."..... or words to that effect.

Edited by 55Jay
  • Like 2

darksidedog    12,062

I'm not really a gambling man but the bookies don't often make big mistakes, so a look at the odds is often helpful in assessing probabilities.

In November, the odds of impeachment were pretty long, around 16 to 1. Now it is evens with Ladbrokes, who say virtually no one is betting on him staying the distance.

• Like 2

sujoop    763

Don’t Impeach: The Case for Not Removing Trump

'What will (religious right-agenda) President Pence and an overwhelmingly Republican Congress be able to do with a 7-2 Supreme Court majority, with at least six guaranteed conservative votes on every issue?'

http://observer.com/2017/05/why-democrats-should-not-wish-for-trump-impeachment/

Or, if Pence is implicated along with Trump (quite possibly) = Paul Ryan POTUS. Ryan's top priorities: Reduce tax 'burden' on the richest while reducing health coverage for the poorest.

Andaman Al    5,488
1 minute ago, sujoop said:

Or, if Pence is implicated along with Trump (quite possibly) = Paul Ryan POTUS. Ryan's top priorities: Reduce tax 'burden' on the richest while reducing health coverage for the poorest.

Anything Ryan throws at the US would still be better than the damage Pence would do.

LannaGuy    7,299
12 minutes ago, darksidedog said:

I'm not really a gambling man but the bookies don't often make big mistakes, so a look at the odds is often helpful in assessing probabilities.

In November, the odds of impeachment were pretty long, around 16 to 1. Now it is evens with Ladbrokes, who say virtually no one is betting on him staying the distance.

"bookies don't often make big mistakes"

they did with Trump vs Clinton and this guy is breaking the mould in many ways so it's 'wait and see' time

thaibeachlovers    9,419

The poll is almost tied.

That says to me that there are a whole lot of TVF members that don't oppose Trump not participating in the threads related to Trump, as almost all the posters on such threads are anti Trump.

I don't blame them though.

• Like 2

JHolmesJr    5,816
1 hour ago, KarenBravo said:

Ahhhhh........I see you're on a fact-free diet.

gluten, dairy, hormone, red meat and bs free.

Jingthing    34,165
Posted (edited)

Well, we're being asked to guess here.

There is a contradiction with trump.

Bizarre egotist that hates being humiliated more than anything else.

Obsessed with winning.

Yet in real life has had several bankruptcies, which in business terms, means business failure. 

Yet he spun these failures into wins for him. 

This presidency is already a big win for his family business empire. 

So my guess is that sooner or later the investigations will get way too close for comfort for trump, and that rather than deal with an actual impeachment process, he will resign. 

But the resignation will be all about blaming the "witch hunters" and he will start a right wing Fox-killing media empire in the wake of it (Jared Kushner is into media) and paint the resignation as an actual victory for republicans, as on paper Pence would be a harder foe to oppose for the democrats in 2020. 

Or something  like that.

I'm probably wrong about the details, but it really does feel like something has to give, and his bizarre presidency is not sustainable. 

Second level guess is that he will have a real or fake health crisis, and use that as an excuse to make an exit to spend more time with his family. But that's a more traditional and normal for a politician to exit, and he's anything but traditional and normal. 

I can't see this ever getting to a point where he actually faces an impeachment conviction, but the start of an impeachment, sure, that's very possible.

Edited by Jingthing

ilostmypassword    6,726
1 hour ago, JHolmesJr said:

To me, it reveals where the poll poster stands…hehe….

I think it has been proven beyond a doubt that polls are pointless when dealing with the unexplained charisma of a man like Trump:

Deep disgust at the ways of the ruling party is the explanation. 

Stung and deeply shocked by its electoral trussing and hog whipping, the ex-ruling party tries to blame another foreign power.

The silent majority sees and notes this.

Even the poll here has a not insignificant 42+% thinking he won't have to resign or be impeached.

These people are mainly silent because they don't want to come on here and be subjected to the targeted tongue lashings of a bunch of disgruntled losers.

I have far thicker skin. I happen to think he will eventually triumph against the swamp creatures.

"The silent majority sees and notes this."

Maybe lots of Trump supporters are like neutrinos those particles which pass right through matter. They tried to pull the lever for their candidate, but their fingers passed right through the mechanism without doing anything. Which would explain why their candidate came in second in the popular vote.

• Like 1