Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation
rooster59

Ex-FBI chief Comey to testify to Senate panel in public session

rooster59    2,088

Ex-FBI chief Comey to testify to Senate panel in public session

640x640 (4).jpg

FILE PHOTO: A combination photo shows U.S. President Donald Trump (L) in the House of Representatives in Washington, U.S., on February 28, 2017 and FBI Director James Comey in Washington U.S. on July 7, 2016. REUTERS/Jim Lo Scalzo/Pool, Gary Cameron/File Photo

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Former FBI Director James Comey, who was fired by President Donald Trump last week amid an agency probe into alleged Russian meddling in the U.S. election, has agreed to testify before the U.S. Senate Intelligence Committee at a public hearing, the committee said in a statement on Friday.

The hearing will be scheduled after the May 29 Memorial Day holiday, the statement said.

reuters_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Reuters 2017-05-20

mtls2005    3,171
Posted (edited)

Trump Told Russians That Firing ‘Nut Job’ Comey Eased Pressure From Investigation

WASHINGTON — President Trump told Russian officials in the Oval Office this month that firing the F.B.I. director, James B. Comey, had relieved “great pressure” on him, according to a document summarizing the meeting.

“I just fired the head of the F.B.I. He was crazy, a real nut job,” Mr. Trump said, according to the document, which was read to The New York Times by an American official. “I faced great pressure because of Russia.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/19/us/politics/trump-russia-comey.html

Edited by metisdead
Edited as per fair use policy.
  • Like 2

tonray    4,517
25 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Trump Told Russians That Firing ‘Nut Job’ Comey Eased Pressure From Investigation

WASHINGTON — President Trump told Russian officials in the Oval Office this month that firing the F.B.I. director, James B. Comey, had relieved “great pressure” on him, according to a document summarizing the meeting.

“I just fired the head of the F.B.I. He was crazy, a real nut job,” Mr. Trump said, according to the document, which was read to The New York Times by an American official. “I faced great pressure because of Russia.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/19/us/politics/trump-russia-comey.html

Trump is a real class act for sure. Foreign leaders will be walking on eggshells because they know now he is a man who cannot be trusted with any secure information or plans.

• Like 2

tonray    4,517
1 minute ago, Andaman Al said:

Is anybody starting to suffer from Trump exhaustion ?

I don't know about Trumps mental health but it would be better to get rid of him for the benefit of several hundred million peoples mental health.

I am sure Comey will have his pound of flesh at the Senate hearing - at least I hope so.

Why would it be better...the new health care law won't pay for it anyway....ha ha ha

• Like 1

Credo    6,315

Comey is pretty measured in his responses and fairly diplomatic.   Other than his timing on the last press conference about the Clinton email he was pretty measured in his responses.   

I am sure he will maintain his professionalism before Congress.   The only thing that might change is that, he will do a lot less to protect the president than he may have.   

• Like 2

stander    1,624

The intelligence community is always watching the Russian government as closely as they can and the NSA can track just about any electronic communication.

The Obama administration had every incentive to expose to the world anything sinister and illegal going on between the Trump campaign and the Russian government but, they did not.

They did not expose it before the Election, before the Electoral College voted and they did not expose it before Inauguration Day.  

I wonder why, maybe because there is no evidence.

• Like 1

mtls2005    3,171

So if there's no evidence why not call for a fully open investigation, and offer to support such an investigation? An innocent man would welcome public exoneration.

Instead, Trump seems to block any/all investigations. I wonder why?

I suspect that the "deep Obama state" chose not to interfere in the election, perhaps thinking/hoping that Hillary would win?

worgeordie    14,923

The Donald needs to be more careful whom he makes his enemy, but he cannot help himself,as his mouth and huge ego ,get in the way.

regards worgeordie

• Like 2

Dagnabbit    1,376

Seems like this whole avenue is a total waste of time.

If Trump did say "I hope you can drop this investigation" as reported and it was just him and Comey in a room as reported, then it's one mans word against another.

So it'll go absolutely nowhere. Millions of dollars will be wasted and nothing will be proven.

It's just titillation for the media at this point. Something for them to foam at the mouth about.

• Like 1

Fulwell53    329
1 hour ago, stander said:

The intelligence community is always watching the Russian government as closely as they can and the NSA can track just about any electronic communication.

The Obama administration had every incentive to expose to the world anything sinister and illegal going on between the Trump campaign and the Russian government but, they did not.

They did not expose it before the Election, before the Electoral College voted and they did not expose it before Inauguration Day.  

Another trump supporter bricking it.

• Like 1